Burt's Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes with white tea extract

Burt's Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes with white tea extract
Burt's Bees TowelettesBurt's Bees Towelettes

3.5

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

aqua (water), aloe barbadensis leaf juice, glycerin, camellia sinensis leaf extract*, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, tocopherol, citric acid, parfum (fragrance)**, xanthan gum, polyglyceryl-4 caprate, dicaprylyl carbonate, caprylyl/caprylpolyglyceryl-4 caprate, dicaprylyl carbonate, caprylyl/capryl glucoside, glycine soja (soybean) oil, benzyl alcohol, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, phenoxyethanol, amyl cinnamal, citral, citronellol, limonene, linalool *White Tea Extract **Natural Fragrance

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Best part about these - the packaging. The plastic lid actually keeps the towelettes from drying out, unlike other towelette containers that only have stickers to keep the air out.

I go back and forth on these so really it's like a 3.5. The cloth is much softer and thicker than the ones from Say Yes to Carrots (Cucumber version), or Pond's. My facial skin likes the cloth when I only use one towelette. If I use two, which is how many I like to use when wearing a lot of makeup, my skin turns red, and starts to sting.

These also seem to dry out my cheeks. I do have sensitive skin, and dry cheeks, so with these two issues, I do have trouble finding towelettes that don't irritate my skin.

on 3/28/2013 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

THE best towelettes. Will never ever use anything else. They get everything off and being a Burt's bees product are free of harsh amounts of chemicals. Love love love.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

god, ew. the smell of these is terrible. and then when i use it my face stings. it doesn't take all my mascara off, maybelline mega plush, no matter how hard i try. yet somehow my eyes don't sting.. very strange. and even though my face wicked burns when i use one of these, my face doesn't look bad, like you'd expect. i can't really decide how i feel about it since i've only used them once each day, for 3 days. only reason i got this was i wanted an eye makeup remover that didn't sting, but then i thought why not get a full face makeup remover. then i didn't wanna get a liquid because i'd have to waste my circle pads, especially because they are smaller than towelettes.. who knows, i will only find out what's best for me, by experience. i won't return these i guess, but i'll look through reviews first definitely. my phone doesn't work so i couldn't check it on the spot like i always do. just really wanted something cus my current cream makeup remover is not for the eyes and it blinds me but i can't help but use it. sorry burt, sorry bees, this product's not for me.

on 6/30/2012 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

My Skin:
Acne prone, used to be really oily but after using lots of acne medications it became dry and sensitive.
The Product:
I would definitely repurchase this product again when I'm finished. I've been using this product for two weeks and it didn't broke me out. The smell doesn't bother me either. I don't wear water-proof make up so I'm not sure how this wipes would work on water-proof make up. But for me it takes off my make up just fine, including my eye make up and mascara. I know some people only use facial wipe and that's it, but for me it doesn't matter what brand it is I still have to rinse my face with water and my gel facial cleanser. However, there are times where I'm very tired at night and I just used this wipe cleanser and didn't rinse it off.

I wanted to like these. I love Burt's, it's made in my hometown (go Durham!), and I love so much of their stuff.

These.... not so much.

They smell like all-natural bug repellent. They remove makeup ok, not as well as other brands, and while they did not cause me to breakout nor did they prevent my monthly chin breakout which brands like Olay and L'Oreal keep at bay.

They're also not quite as moist as I like my facial towelette to be. Oh well.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

These are neither the best nor the worst MU wipes, but I wouldn't purchase again. The packaging is good, really stays moist but the scent is nauseating. I found it made my eyes water when I used it on eye makeup and found it drying and irritating around the eye area in general. On the rest of the face, it was fine. Still, what is the use of using so many irritating ingredients and fragrances when trying to promote a natural MU wipe? Disappointing.