Burt's Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes with white tea extract

Burt's Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes with white tea extract
Burt's Bees TowelettesBurt's Bees Towelettes

3.9

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

aqua (water), aloe barbadensis leaf juice, glycerin, camellia sinensis leaf extract*, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, tocopherol, citric acid, parfum (fragrance)**, xanthan gum, polyglyceryl-4 caprate, dicaprylyl carbonate, caprylyl/caprylpolyglyceryl-4 caprate, dicaprylyl carbonate, caprylyl/capryl glucoside, glycine soja (soybean) oil, benzyl alcohol, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, phenoxyethanol, amyl cinnamal, citral, citronellol, limonene, linalool *White Tea Extract **Natural Fragrance

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I bought this product in my ongoing quest for the HG of facial cleansing towelettes. I'm a fan of Burt's Bee's "good for you, good for the earth" marketing: natural ingredients, packaging from "responsible sources" and its no animal testing policy.

However, these towelettes fell short of expectations. Despite being marked for those with sensitive skin, I still felt a sort of burning sensation after wiping my face down. It also has an herbal, medicinal smell I'm not a fan of.

The most positive thing I can say about this product is that it doesn't leave a residue on my face (probably the so-called "moisturizing" benefits most other brands promise.)

on 10/5/2012 3:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I usually buy the Neutrogena towelettes, but decided to try these out because of the packaging. I liked that there's a lid and not just adhesive. Plus, the price was roughly $5 so I figured why not. From what I can tell it removes light makeup fairly well. It didn't really work on my waterproof mascara though (L'Oreal Voluminous False Fiber) so I'm willing to bet it won't work very well on other waterproof products either. The white tea extract scent is okay. It's a little strong so if you're sensitive to scents, you might want to pass. I didn't experience any extremely unpleasant effects on my skin either - just a little dryness/tightness, but it's nothing a little moisturizer can't instantly remedy. I intend on using up the product, but I probably won't re-purchase. Overall, it's just kind of average..

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I absolutely love these, they smell amazing and are refreshing after use. I mostly use these to remove make-up and they are very effective.

Very good for cleansing, skin does feel tight afterwards so I would suggest following with moisturiser.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

They're great facial wipes, but I got sick of the smell. I

on 1/6/2012 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

these wipes would be HG if it werent for the scent. its REALLY strong and it smells like dishwash soap...everything else is perfect- perfect wetness, good size, soft texture, removes mu easily, leaves my skin soft and not greasy or sticky, good packaging with a lid to keep it from drying out, cheap, and easily available. but i cant stand the scent and i have to end up washing my face after which defeats the purpose of using mu wipes for lazy nights. will not repurchase

on 10/25/2015 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My nighttime skin routine consists of makeup removal, cleansing, toning, and moisturizing...as I'm sure is quite similar to many of you. Where makeup removal is concerned, I typically use some type of cleansing towelette and then Pond's Cold Cream or baby oil for my eye-makeup. I have tried facial cleansing towelettes from Neutrogena, Simple, and Yes to Cucumbers to name a few. So far, Burt's Bees are my favorite. The cloth is soft, good quality and I love the white tea scent. Some reviewers have mentioned that these wipes irritated their skin, but so far I have not had any problems. I have fairly oily skin, especially in my t-zone, but I don't use these wipes as a final means for clean skin. I wash my face after unless I'm feeling lazy.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I got these for $5.99 at Target. Coming from someone who has gone through plenty of MAC Wipes packages, I absolutely adore these wipes. The MAC Wipes left a rather annoying greasy film on my skin which seemed to stay there for hours, but I loved how they removed every last stitch of makeup on my face.

These wipes remove all my makeup and do not leave any film whatsoever! Plus, the scent, which at first I didn't like, has rather grown on me. I like how the lid stays shut and doesn't pop open after closing it like the MAC Wipes. Overall, these are far superior and I love them!