Burt's Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes with white tea extract

Burt's Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes with white tea extract
Burt's Bees TowelettesBurt's Bees Towelettes

2.5

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

aqua (water), aloe barbadensis leaf juice, glycerin, camellia sinensis leaf extract*, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, tocopherol, citric acid, parfum (fragrance)**, xanthan gum, polyglyceryl-4 caprate, dicaprylyl carbonate, caprylyl/caprylpolyglyceryl-4 caprate, dicaprylyl carbonate, caprylyl/capryl glucoside, glycine soja (soybean) oil, benzyl alcohol, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, phenoxyethanol, amyl cinnamal, citral, citronellol, limonene, linalool *White Tea Extract **Natural Fragrance

These wipes burned my eyes and face. They didn't cleanse well. I usually added some coconut oil to get them to remove makeup. I was not impressed. I'll give the sensitive version of these wipes a try.

on 6/19/2015 12:37:00 AM

These wipes did take off my makeup,but they are just to oily. I think they'd be great for dry skin.I have normal skin with occasional oily t zone. I like that they have white tea and are natural though but I wouldn't repurchase.

on 5/29/2015 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This product isn't as bad as everyone is saying. The towelettes are dampened adequately all the way through and are nice and soft; however, there is an unsettling tingling sensation when first applied to the skin. This hasn't caused any skin reactions or irritations for me, but I do avoid rubbing these over my eyes as that will sting.

I bought these when there was a 25% off sale at my local pharmacy. However, I wouldn't repurchase just because I find the Simple face wipes more effective while being more gentle on the skin.

Packaging: 5/5
Price: 4/5
Overall: 3/5

on 3/12/2015 11:13:00 PM

I love how easy and convenient these are. But I guess you could say that about most make up wipes. I had read the reviews and I was nervous about the fact that people said they made their skin your irritated . I never had a problem with this and I will continue to use these

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I'm a rather lazy make up remover. Sometimes at night I don't feel like washing my face and doing the whole nightly ritual so I picked up these. I really liked the little door to keep them moist which was the selling point really. Unfortunately the throw away point was how bad these suckers burned. I have a sensitive face so a lot of stuff stings or burns or turns me all splotchy and red. This being a "natural" product I didn't think I would have an issue. How wrong I was. It didn't even really get off all my eye makeup either. So I end up looking like the match maker from Mulan (with bloodshot eyes) and have to wash my face anyway. I would just stay away.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I purchased a small package of these at Target recently because I find cleansing towelettes to be a better buy than plain old makeup removing wipes. Sometimes in a pinch I do not have the ability to do my entire face routing, especially when I'm at work and need to go somewhere right afterward. I really liked these; they are inexpensive, smell nice, the packaging is pretty, and I felt they didn't dry me out too much if used alone. Mostly I used these simply as a makeup remover, but occasionally as my "face wash". I did notice they stung, but only slightly over sensitive areas/blemishes. I would definitely re-purchase, but there are some good cleansing towelettes popping up I've noticed that have multiple uses!

I really wanted to love these wipes but I just didn't. At all. I used them as make-up removers before cleansing my face, and these wipes couldn't get off eye make-up. I don't use waterproof or smudgeproof eye make-up that often, and I went to bed with raccoon eyes most nights. These just didn't cut it. Really disappointing.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Generally, I really like Burt's Bees products. I find these toilettes effective at removing my eye makeup and I find the smell pleasant; however, for some reason my face burns like crazy after using them. Even after rinsing my face afterwards, my skin burns and is very red, particularly around my eyes. It has also broken out and I'm not prone to breakouts nor do I have particularly sensitive skin. I thought these would be a great idea for when I'm traveling (and I don't want to use other non-natural and synthetic brands), but I need to go back to my MAC cleansing oil, which is much more gentle.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

These are neither the best nor the worst MU wipes, but I wouldn't purchase again. The packaging is good, really stays moist but the scent is nauseating. I found it made my eyes water when I used it on eye makeup and found it drying and irritating around the eye area in general. On the rest of the face, it was fine. Still, what is the use of using so many irritating ingredients and fragrances when trying to promote a natural MU wipe? Disappointing.

This is one of the only brands of towelettes that do not test on animals, so I'm very limited as to what I will let myself buy. I liked them better than the Yes To brand, I tried to blueberry wipes and the cucumber wipes. The smell of these is really great and they take do take off my makeup. If you wear a TON of makeup though, don't expect a miracle here.
UPDATE: these burn my face every time I use them. I'm going to finish the pack but definately not buy them again.