Burt's Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes with white tea extract

Burt's Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes with white tea extract
Burt's Bees TowelettesBurt's Bees Towelettes

2.4

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

aqua (water), aloe barbadensis leaf juice, glycerin, camellia sinensis leaf extract*, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, tocopherol, citric acid, parfum (fragrance)**, xanthan gum, polyglyceryl-4 caprate, dicaprylyl carbonate, caprylyl/caprylpolyglyceryl-4 caprate, dicaprylyl carbonate, caprylyl/capryl glucoside, glycine soja (soybean) oil, benzyl alcohol, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, phenoxyethanol, amyl cinnamal, citral, citronellol, limonene, linalool *White Tea Extract **Natural Fragrance

on 8/4/2017 10:27:00 PM

Not a winner for me. These stung my face, left an angry red burn mark (seriously!) near my eye and an awful tacky, sticky feeling on my skin. They didn't actually remove any of my makeup and I also thought the smell was way too strong. The rest of the package works well for wiping down my dog when he's muddy.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

so far i really like these. i bought them without reading reviews because they were the cheapest i could find in the store and i was a bit worried about using them after seeing the rating, but i love them so far.
they got all my makeup off super well and i didn't feel like i had to rub my face extra hard for them to do their job like i've had to with other brands. i did get a minor stinging feeling around my eyes, but my skin there is quite sensitive.
i love the smell and the packaging is great and stops them from drying out like some other apparently resealable brands i've tried.
would definitely repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

These are alright. I like how the packaging has a little open and close feature to keep them moist. However, the towelettes themselves aren't very moist and it can take a lot of scrubbing to get heavy eye makeup off. I also feel like they somewhat "tug" at my face when I am removing foundation because of their dryness. Also, I find the smell quite off putting as it is quite strong. They do a decent job of removing makeup, but it required a lot of scrubbing. I feel like if these contained more moisture and less scent they would be good.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

The main thing that I really like about these towelettes is that they leave me feeling clean. It has a nice tea scent, and I don't feel like I have a layer of chemicals on my face. They work nicely with my skin, and they helped clear up a few blemishes on my forehead last summer. They do remove makeup, but it can take some scrubbing to get heavier eye makeup off. I do tend to just use a different towelette for days that I am wearing more makeup and use these for lighter days. They are also very refreshing after working out.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love the Burt's bees line and scents of their products but this was just bad. Stung my eyes and over powering fragrance added that was so by pleasant I hold my breathe. Will not repurchase wanted to love but elf wipes are so much better at fraction of the cost

on 9/27/2013 4:24:00 PM

I feel l have prematurely aged myself due to all the rubbing from these since they are no where near saturated enough. Also they are bad at removing even light makeup. They are however a good size and non-textured which is important. I say stick with olay, ponds and neutrogena, so much better! at least they are better than the Yes to range where they are small, thin and dry. I don't like towelettes that feel stingy since it counter intuitive to their purpose.

on 2/12/2013 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Looking for makeup remover wipes without many chemicals but these felt rough and burny, and didn't even do the job. Had to go over my eyes and face again with the Neutrogena wipes that smell and feel better but are full of chemical junk.

on 8/16/2012 1:55:00 PM

I've been trying to place the very strong smell of these towelettes, and the closest I can get is a mix between children's aspirin and smarties candy. Neither of these are things I want to smell like.

On the up-side, the packaging of the towelettes is excellent, with a plastic "door" that snaps shut to keep everything from drying out. The towelettes are also a good size and thicker than others I've used.

The downsides are, of course, the overpowering and gross smell, and the fact that these aren't too great at removing eye makeup. Most cloths of this kind don't seem to do especially well with mascara removal, though, so it's probably no worse than other brands.

In the future I might try the sensitive skin version of these towelettes, but I wouldn't recommend the standard version.

on 3/15/2012 11:32:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I was SO disappointed with these towelettes. I bought them because I usually like to use natural products for my skin care routine and I needed a faster way at night to remove makeup. As a college student, there are just too many late nights and I was sick of falling asleep in makeup. These were horrible. I had to use at least three wipes just to make my face feel clean, the smell was ATROCIOUS, and about two minutes after using my face would turn bright red and feel like it was burning! They were super cheap but I'd rather buy something that works and is more expensive. Never buying again.

on 1/17/2012 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I use a lot of face wipes/facial towelettes. I use face wipes when i'm traveling, when i'm camping, after performances, and nights when i'm just too tired to do a proper wash. I've tried a lot of brands, high end and low. But i've found just a few i rebuy.
I like these. I like the snap lid on the package better than the resealable plastic strip on most other wipes They contain a mix of both natural and standard facial skin care ingredients. The fragrance is light and not too overpowering. And they are moist enough to do a good job of removing most makeup.
Again, when i wear waterproof liner and/or mascara, i use an eye makeup remover first, as i have found few wipes (other than MAC Wipes) that really get off waterproof eye makeup easily.
These are not my favorites, but i have repurchased when travelling.