Burt's Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes with white tea extract

Burt's Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes with white tea extract
Burt's Bees TowelettesBurt's Bees Towelettes

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

aqua (water), aloe barbadensis leaf juice, glycerin, camellia sinensis leaf extract*, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, tocopherol, citric acid, parfum (fragrance)**, xanthan gum, polyglyceryl-4 caprate, dicaprylyl carbonate, caprylyl/caprylpolyglyceryl-4 caprate, dicaprylyl carbonate, caprylyl/capryl glucoside, glycine soja (soybean) oil, benzyl alcohol, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, phenoxyethanol, amyl cinnamal, citral, citronellol, limonene, linalool *White Tea Extract **Natural Fragrance

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Best part about these - the packaging. The plastic lid actually keeps the towelettes from drying out, unlike other towelette containers that only have stickers to keep the air out.

I go back and forth on these so really it's like a 3.5. The cloth is much softer and thicker than the ones from Say Yes to Carrots (Cucumber version), or Pond's. My facial skin likes the cloth when I only use one towelette. If I use two, which is how many I like to use when wearing a lot of makeup, my skin turns red, and starts to sting.

These also seem to dry out my cheeks. I do have sensitive skin, and dry cheeks, so with these two issues, I do have trouble finding towelettes that don't irritate my skin.

on 4/11/2013 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have been using Simple's makeup wipes for awhile and I wanted to try something new so I picked up burt's bees makeup wipes. The smell is fine, it has citrus scent and it smells like oranges. What is better than Simple brand of makeup wipes is that these wipes are moist and have the right amount of remover on them. They are gentle too but too gentle I think. These wipes take off my mineral foundation fine but it barely takes off my waterproof mascara which is a total let down. I will go back to the Simple brand due to it also being gently but effective at removing all my makeup including waterproof makeup.
I won't be repurchasing these but I recommend this product to people with really sensitive skin, especially dry skin due to it also being moisturizing.

on 3/28/2013 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

THE best towelettes. Will never ever use anything else. They get everything off and being a Burt's bees product are free of harsh amounts of chemicals. Love love love.

I bought these when I ran out of my [generic] Neutrogena cleansing wipes. At $5.99 for a pack of 30, the price is a little steep but I went ahead and bought them because I wanted to try something new. The white tea scent is quite heavy, so those who don't like heavily scented products should probably steer clear of these. But personally, the scent doesn't bother me and I actually find it quite pleasant. My everyday make-up consists of mineral foundation, bronzer, eyeshadow and non-waterproof mascara and these wipes did a very good job of removing all of it. I don't usually follow up with a cleanser since my previous wipes succeeded in cleaning my face thoroughly -- and these also did the job. The packaging is very convenient -- I love that it has a snapping plastic lid instead of just a sticker like other wipes. These left my face feeling squeaky clean and very refreshed. My skin was also smooth and soft to the touch even before I applied moisturizer.

My only gripes with this product are the following:
It leaves a slight "stinging" sensation on the parts of my skin that are sensitive, more so than other cleansing wipes that I've tried. The stinging is bearable and goes away within minutes, so this isn't enough for me to dislike the product. I also wish that they were textured. It would also be nice if these came in larger quantities and with snap-box lid.

But overall, this is a great product and I would repurchase when I run out.