Burt's Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes w/White Tea Extract

Burt's Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes w/White Tea Extract
Burt's Bees TowelettesBurt's Bees Towelettes

2.6

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

aqua (water), aloe barbadensis leaf juice, glycerin, camellia sinensis leaf extract*, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, tocopherol, citric acid, parfum (fragrance)**, xanthan gum, polyglyceryl-4 caprate, dicaprylyl carbonate, caprylyl/caprylpolyglyceryl-4 caprate, dicaprylyl carbonate, caprylyl/capryl glucoside, glycine soja (soybean) oil, benzyl alcohol, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, phenoxyethanol, amyl cinnamal, citral, citronellol, limonene, linalool *White Tea Extract **Natural Fragrance

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I really dislike these. I wouldn't say that I have sensitive skin but these burn. The scent is awful and strong. Like another reviewer mentioned, it is really difficult to get just one of these out because the hole you get them out of is so tiny. I'm trying to use them up but I may even give up. Do not recommend.

on 1/20/2014 2:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this for traveling since I liked the packaging and my skin hasn't reacted to other Burt's Bees products. Unfortunately this burned and turned my face red, and my skin isn't that sensitive. Maybe it burned because of the benzoyl alcohol? Regardless, I would not recommend this to anyone.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I used these recently when I was trying the burts bee's product line. Out of everything I used I hated these the worst! My skin stung and got rashy after I used these, so I quickly returned them.

on 7/15/2014 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

BURNS! I wouldn't say I have extra sensitive skin. Just normal skin. But these BURN! It does remove makeup and leave skin soft and not too dry, which is the only reason I gave 2 lippies instead of 1. But I will never repurchase!

I really didnt like the smell of these wipes, it actually made me feel quite sick. I also did not find that they removed all of my mascara which is a very important feature for me! I have recently found a brand called Wotnot which give me everything that I need in a facial wipe. There are no chemicals and they remove all of my mascara-Yey!

on 10/1/2012 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Oh so disappointed in these. :( I LOVE burt's so I snatched these up at my local walgreens on a whim. I've never used makeup remover wipes but I thought it might help at night when I'm feeling lazy. These don't seem to remove makeup super effectively, and they STING my face! I do not have particularly sensitive skin, I'm allergic to laundry detergent/softener but have never had a reaction to any facial product before, so I didn't think to purchase the sensitive skin type. I find the stinging/burning sensation so unpleasant that even if they removed all my makeup in one swipe, would not repurchase. 2 lippies though for the snap-close package and the scent is nice I suppose.

Pros: Easy to use
You don't have to use water
Smells good

Cons: Still a little too drying
Doesn't cleanse really well and leaves flakes.

on 9/5/2011 8:26:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

These are great and very convenient! I used to use Neutrogena facial wipes when I was tired or lazy, but they test on animals. These are a fantastic find! They don't leave my skin feeling oily or dry.

Edit: I got zits after each use.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I bought these while in Ulta because I saw they were on sale and needed to pick some up anyways. I usually love Burt's Bee's products so I thought I would probably love these too.
I use wipes likes these to take off my makeup before cleansing my skin because I've never felt wipes like this actually "cleanse".
Anyways, they do a fantastic job at removing all of my makeup, including eye makeup. However, they do leave my face a little bit sticky, BUT that isn't necessarily a huge problem for me since I do follow up with a cleanser.
The main reason I would not repurchase these are because of the smell. It is nice but way too strong. It's overpowering. I like my skin care products to have a light scent.
Overall, they are effective but don't like the smell at all.

on 10/2/2013 11:09:00 PM

I haven't tried a lot of Burt's Bees skincare products, but these were on sale so I decided to try them out. These wipes are really good for removing makeup at the end of the day. The first thing I noticed about these was the scent -- they have a kind of sweet white tea scent that isn't super strong, but it does linger on the skin for a little while. The wipes are pretty sturdy -- I never had an issue with them ripping or tearing, and one wipe was the perfect size to remove an entire face of makeup. These didn't irritate my skin at all, including the eye area. These took off my eye makeup just fine, unless it was waterproof. Waterproof mascara or liner will barely budge with these wipes, so you'll need a separate product for removing those. One of the best things about this product is that it has a plastic closure that seals shut instead of a sticker closure. This kept the wipes moist for much longer and made them easier to travel with.
I don't think these are the most amazing face wipes ever, but they do a good job. I'd recommend trying them out, especially if you can get them on sale.