Burt's Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes with white tea extract

Burt's Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes with white tea extract
Burt's Bees TowelettesBurt's Bees Towelettes

3.5

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

aqua (water), aloe barbadensis leaf juice, glycerin, camellia sinensis leaf extract*, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, tocopherol, citric acid, parfum (fragrance)**, xanthan gum, polyglyceryl-4 caprate, dicaprylyl carbonate, caprylyl/caprylpolyglyceryl-4 caprate, dicaprylyl carbonate, caprylyl/capryl glucoside, glycine soja (soybean) oil, benzyl alcohol, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, phenoxyethanol, amyl cinnamal, citral, citronellol, limonene, linalool *White Tea Extract **Natural Fragrance

I received these as a gift and I was pretty disappointed in them. They smell nice but they are so tiny and kind of dry too. The positive about the wipes is that they didn't seem to burn my eyelids as I usually these facial towelettes in conjunction with waterproof remover to take my eye makeup off. They remind a lot of the ELF face wipes. The Kirkland facial towelettes are so much better and just a fraction of the cost.

I really didnt like the smell of these wipes, it actually made me feel quite sick. I also did not find that they removed all of my mascara which is a very important feature for me! I have recently found a brand called Wotnot which give me everything that I need in a facial wipe. There are no chemicals and they remove all of my mascara-Yey!

on 12/26/2013 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

These have a wonderful citrus tea-like scent, but they do sting a bit on my oily but sensitive skin. Nothing overly redness inducing, but more of a slight burning sensation. I am not sure which ingredient could be causing that. It does remove eye makeup well for me so maybe I will just stick to using these for that purpose than as a facial wipe. I am a little bummed because these seemed promising and I usually have fair luck with most Burt's Bees facial products. Luckily these don't break me out and have a good amount of saturation for me. I would not repurchase once I use up my package.

on 4/11/2013 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have been using Simple's makeup wipes for awhile and I wanted to try something new so I picked up burt's bees makeup wipes. The smell is fine, it has citrus scent and it smells like oranges. What is better than Simple brand of makeup wipes is that these wipes are moist and have the right amount of remover on them. They are gentle too but too gentle I think. These wipes take off my mineral foundation fine but it barely takes off my waterproof mascara which is a total let down. I will go back to the Simple brand due to it also being gently but effective at removing all my makeup including waterproof makeup.
I won't be repurchasing these but I recommend this product to people with really sensitive skin, especially dry skin due to it also being moisturizing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bet this is a great facial wipe in comparison to other facial wipes... but i just didn't like it (and it's the first time i tried a facial wipe so i can't really compare... though i think i don't liek any facial wipes)
pros:
- smells good
- cleanses well
- tightens pores

cons:
- dries my skin out
- makes my skin sorta tight

it's definitely not greasy, and i think it may work better than others, and it's natural ( but tad bit expensive still :P )

on 1/14/2012 5:36:00 PM

Like the 2 reviewers below, I found the scent of these wipes a bit overpowering. The packaging (aka snap on lid) is great and it keeps the wipes moist. I tend to use wipes to remove my makeup before using my regular facial cleanser (even though it's not necessary with these wipes). These wipes left my skin feeling clean and most importantly NOT STICKY! However, I felt a slight tingly feeling every time I use it. As a result, I would not re-purchase these wipes again.

on 6/15/2011 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

These towelettes are the newest addition to the Burt's Bees line. It's about time they came out with some! It says on the package they are 99.1% natural and they "remove dirt, oil, and make-up without rinsing." I find this to be true. I have used organic wipes before and they wouldn't ever remove my eye make-up, but these did without a problem. Haven't tried them on waterproof mascara though. I do find they leave my skin a little dry, but my skin is also a little drier than normal this week so it may just be that. No irritation or redness. The package is nice. It has the plastic door cover over the sticker seal. The wipes are durable, but there is a strong white tea fragrance. The white tea extract is 4th on the pretty nice ingredient list. They come in a pack of 30 for around $6 at Walgreens which is less expensive than almost every other wipe there. I'm impressed and will buy again.
**EDIT** Long term, these wipes irritated my nose and cheeks. I used up the pack but won't buy again.

on 8/5/2017 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This product works to get the makeup off, however the packaging dried out my wipes! This issue was fixed by adding a little water ;)

I bought these when I ran out of my [generic] Neutrogena cleansing wipes. At $5.99 for a pack of 30, the price is a little steep but I went ahead and bought them because I wanted to try something new. The white tea scent is quite heavy, so those who don't like heavily scented products should probably steer clear of these. But personally, the scent doesn't bother me and I actually find it quite pleasant. My everyday make-up consists of mineral foundation, bronzer, eyeshadow and non-waterproof mascara and these wipes did a very good job of removing all of it. I don't usually follow up with a cleanser since my previous wipes succeeded in cleaning my face thoroughly -- and these also did the job. The packaging is very convenient -- I love that it has a snapping plastic lid instead of just a sticker like other wipes. These left my face feeling squeaky clean and very refreshed. My skin was also smooth and soft to the touch even before I applied moisturizer.

My only gripes with this product are the following:
It leaves a slight "stinging" sensation on the parts of my skin that are sensitive, more so than other cleansing wipes that I've tried. The stinging is bearable and goes away within minutes, so this isn't enough for me to dislike the product. I also wish that they were textured. It would also be nice if these came in larger quantities and with snap-box lid.

But overall, this is a great product and I would repurchase when I run out.

on 8/7/2014 10:02:00 AM

I got this product on sale at target. I usually use tea tree oil face wipes from the face shop but the face shop does not exist in FL atm. I needed a replacement, and I liked this product was mostly natural ingredients. I waited for a day when I wore waterproof mascara and eyeliner to write this review because a major complaint on makeup alley was that these wipes do not take off waterproof makeup well. This product does take off waterproof makeup. Be gentle when wiping and make sure the formula on the wipe has some time to get on the product on your face to break it down. All my makeup came off. Also the smell isn't unbearably bad. It smells like white tea (go figure!). I love the thickness of the towelettes, and I love that these wipes have a lid snap closure just like my past tea tree oil wipes.