Burt's Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes with white tea extract

Burt's Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes with white tea extract
Burt's Bees TowelettesBurt's Bees Towelettes

3.2

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

aqua (water), aloe barbadensis leaf juice, glycerin, camellia sinensis leaf extract*, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, tocopherol, citric acid, parfum (fragrance)**, xanthan gum, polyglyceryl-4 caprate, dicaprylyl carbonate, caprylyl/caprylpolyglyceryl-4 caprate, dicaprylyl carbonate, caprylyl/capryl glucoside, glycine soja (soybean) oil, benzyl alcohol, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, phenoxyethanol, amyl cinnamal, citral, citronellol, limonene, linalool *White Tea Extract **Natural Fragrance

on 5/29/2015 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This product isn't as bad as everyone is saying. The towelettes are dampened adequately all the way through and are nice and soft; however, there is an unsettling tingling sensation when first applied to the skin. This hasn't caused any skin reactions or irritations for me, but I do avoid rubbing these over my eyes as that will sting.

I bought these when there was a 25% off sale at my local pharmacy. However, I wouldn't repurchase just because I find the Simple face wipes more effective while being more gentle on the skin.

Packaging: 5/5
Price: 4/5
Overall: 3/5

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I bought these while in Ulta because I saw they were on sale and needed to pick some up anyways. I usually love Burt's Bee's products so I thought I would probably love these too.
I use wipes likes these to take off my makeup before cleansing my skin because I've never felt wipes like this actually "cleanse".
Anyways, they do a fantastic job at removing all of my makeup, including eye makeup. However, they do leave my face a little bit sticky, BUT that isn't necessarily a huge problem for me since I do follow up with a cleanser.
The main reason I would not repurchase these are because of the smell. It is nice but way too strong. It's overpowering. I like my skin care products to have a light scent.
Overall, they are effective but don't like the smell at all.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

The main thing that I really like about these towelettes is that they leave me feeling clean. It has a nice tea scent, and I don't feel like I have a layer of chemicals on my face. They work nicely with my skin, and they helped clear up a few blemishes on my forehead last summer. They do remove makeup, but it can take some scrubbing to get heavier eye makeup off. I do tend to just use a different towelette for days that I am wearing more makeup and use these for lighter days. They are also very refreshing after working out.

on 12/26/2013 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

These have a wonderful citrus tea-like scent, but they do sting a bit on my oily but sensitive skin. Nothing overly redness inducing, but more of a slight burning sensation. I am not sure which ingredient could be causing that. It does remove eye makeup well for me so maybe I will just stick to using these for that purpose than as a facial wipe. I am a little bummed because these seemed promising and I usually have fair luck with most Burt's Bees facial products. Luckily these don't break me out and have a good amount of saturation for me. I would not repurchase once I use up my package.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

these towelettes do what they're supposed to do and just that. they take a few minutes at wiping my eyes free of eyeliner. They eyeliner I use likes to stick around and very little is needed to give one raccoon eyes so that I expected. With one swipe my foundation is completely off though so that's a plus. I switched to these because the Simple ones I was using previously made my face sting and feel gross, sticky, and irritated after and I have found these too make my face and eyes sting for a while. Almost like if i had rubbed my face raw except it'd b just gently wiping my face the first time. Maybe i need the white ones instead for sensitive skin. I'm pleased with these and I would repurchase but I'm still looking for something better

on 10/1/2012 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Oh so disappointed in these. :( I LOVE burt's so I snatched these up at my local walgreens on a whim. I've never used makeup remover wipes but I thought it might help at night when I'm feeling lazy. These don't seem to remove makeup super effectively, and they STING my face! I do not have particularly sensitive skin, I'm allergic to laundry detergent/softener but have never had a reaction to any facial product before, so I didn't think to purchase the sensitive skin type. I find the stinging/burning sensation so unpleasant that even if they removed all my makeup in one swipe, would not repurchase. 2 lippies though for the snap-close package and the scent is nice I suppose.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I got these for $5.99 at Target. Coming from someone who has gone through plenty of MAC Wipes packages, I absolutely adore these wipes. The MAC Wipes left a rather annoying greasy film on my skin which seemed to stay there for hours, but I loved how they removed every last stitch of makeup on my face.

These wipes remove all my makeup and do not leave any film whatsoever! Plus, the scent, which at first I didn't like, has rather grown on me. I like how the lid stays shut and doesn't pop open after closing it like the MAC Wipes. Overall, these are far superior and I love them!

on 11/13/2011 2:57:00 AM

Hair: Other, Curly, Other

I love these! They smell fresh and don't leave my skin feeling oily like some makeup remover cloths that are more moisturizing do. They work well on my combo/oily skin, but would probably be too harsh for dry skin. I like this brand anyway b/c of no animal testing, made in usa, etc. but don't like all of their products. This one worked for me. It feels like it takes all the makeup off.

on 9/5/2011 8:26:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

These are great and very convenient! I used to use Neutrogena facial wipes when I was tired or lazy, but they test on animals. These are a fantastic find! They don't leave my skin feeling oily or dry.

Edit: I got zits after each use.