Burt's Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes with white tea extract

Burt's Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes with white tea extract
Burt's Bees TowelettesBurt's Bees Towelettes

2.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

aqua (water), aloe barbadensis leaf juice, glycerin, camellia sinensis leaf extract*, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, tocopherol, citric acid, parfum (fragrance)**, xanthan gum, polyglyceryl-4 caprate, dicaprylyl carbonate, caprylyl/caprylpolyglyceryl-4 caprate, dicaprylyl carbonate, caprylyl/capryl glucoside, glycine soja (soybean) oil, benzyl alcohol, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, phenoxyethanol, amyl cinnamal, citral, citronellol, limonene, linalool *White Tea Extract **Natural Fragrance

on 6/19/2015 12:37:00 AM

These wipes did take off my makeup,but they are just to oily. I think they'd be great for dry skin.I have normal skin with occasional oily t zone. I like that they have white tea and are natural though but I wouldn't repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I absolutely love these, they smell amazing and are refreshing after use. I mostly use these to remove make-up and they are very effective.

Very good for cleansing, skin does feel tight afterwards so I would suggest following with moisturiser.

on 4/15/2014 4:49:00 PM

In general Burt's Bees products have worked very well on my sensitive skin so I gave this a try. I expected these towelettes to not irritate my skin, but unfortunately they do burn (even the ones FOR sensitive skin)! It removes makeup just fine though.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I'm a rather lazy make up remover. Sometimes at night I don't feel like washing my face and doing the whole nightly ritual so I picked up these. I really liked the little door to keep them moist which was the selling point really. Unfortunately the throw away point was how bad these suckers burned. I have a sensitive face so a lot of stuff stings or burns or turns me all splotchy and red. This being a "natural" product I didn't think I would have an issue. How wrong I was. It didn't even really get off all my eye makeup either. So I end up looking like the match maker from Mulan (with bloodshot eyes) and have to wash my face anyway. I would just stay away.

on 10/2/2013 11:09:00 PM

I haven't tried a lot of Burt's Bees skincare products, but these were on sale so I decided to try them out. These wipes are really good for removing makeup at the end of the day. The first thing I noticed about these was the scent -- they have a kind of sweet white tea scent that isn't super strong, but it does linger on the skin for a little while. The wipes are pretty sturdy -- I never had an issue with them ripping or tearing, and one wipe was the perfect size to remove an entire face of makeup. These didn't irritate my skin at all, including the eye area. These took off my eye makeup just fine, unless it was waterproof. Waterproof mascara or liner will barely budge with these wipes, so you'll need a separate product for removing those. One of the best things about this product is that it has a plastic closure that seals shut instead of a sticker closure. This kept the wipes moist for much longer and made them easier to travel with.
I don't think these are the most amazing face wipes ever, but they do a good job. I'd recommend trying them out, especially if you can get them on sale.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought these thinking they'd be nice and gentle since it's Burt's Bees but oh my god, they burned my face so much. I couldn't even finish the package.

The smell is also not great. Back to Neutrogena for me.

on 4/11/2013 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have been using Simple's makeup wipes for awhile and I wanted to try something new so I picked up burt's bees makeup wipes. The smell is fine, it has citrus scent and it smells like oranges. What is better than Simple brand of makeup wipes is that these wipes are moist and have the right amount of remover on them. They are gentle too but too gentle I think. These wipes take off my mineral foundation fine but it barely takes off my waterproof mascara which is a total let down. I will go back to the Simple brand due to it also being gently but effective at removing all my makeup including waterproof makeup.
I won't be repurchasing these but I recommend this product to people with really sensitive skin, especially dry skin due to it also being moisturizing.

on 8/16/2012 1:55:00 PM

I've been trying to place the very strong smell of these towelettes, and the closest I can get is a mix between children's aspirin and smarties candy. Neither of these are things I want to smell like.

On the up-side, the packaging of the towelettes is excellent, with a plastic "door" that snaps shut to keep everything from drying out. The towelettes are also a good size and thicker than others I've used.

The downsides are, of course, the overpowering and gross smell, and the fact that these aren't too great at removing eye makeup. Most cloths of this kind don't seem to do especially well with mascara removal, though, so it's probably no worse than other brands.

In the future I might try the sensitive skin version of these towelettes, but I wouldn't recommend the standard version.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Generally, I really like Burt's Bees products. I find these toilettes effective at removing my eye makeup and I find the smell pleasant; however, for some reason my face burns like crazy after using them. Even after rinsing my face afterwards, my skin burns and is very red, particularly around my eyes. It has also broken out and I'm not prone to breakouts nor do I have particularly sensitive skin. I thought these would be a great idea for when I'm traveling (and I don't want to use other non-natural and synthetic brands), but I need to go back to my MAC cleansing oil, which is much more gentle.

on 3/22/2012 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I've taken a real liking to these towelettes. I'm someone that uses natural products and these towelettes are so wonderfully soothing. I believe that has a lot to do with the lack of harsh chemicals. Many reviewers have noted their dislike of the smell. I can't get enough of that natural, white-tea scent. Yes, it's a bit heavy in scent, but I don't mind it. The witch hazel in these towelettes keeps my blemishes at bay and really makes my face feel clean. They get all my makeup off and I typically wear a full face of it daily. I wish more people liked these as much as I do. It's utterly bizarre reading a not-so-nice review for a product you can't wait to stock up on.