Burt's Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes with white tea extract

Burt's Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes with white tea extract
Burt's Bees TowelettesBurt's Bees Towelettes

2.4

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

aqua (water), aloe barbadensis leaf juice, glycerin, camellia sinensis leaf extract*, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, tocopherol, citric acid, parfum (fragrance)**, xanthan gum, polyglyceryl-4 caprate, dicaprylyl carbonate, caprylyl/caprylpolyglyceryl-4 caprate, dicaprylyl carbonate, caprylyl/capryl glucoside, glycine soja (soybean) oil, benzyl alcohol, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, phenoxyethanol, amyl cinnamal, citral, citronellol, limonene, linalool *White Tea Extract **Natural Fragrance

on 9/27/2013 4:24:00 PM

I feel l have prematurely aged myself due to all the rubbing from these since they are no where near saturated enough. Also they are bad at removing even light makeup. They are however a good size and non-textured which is important. I say stick with olay, ponds and neutrogena, so much better! at least they are better than the Yes to range where they are small, thin and dry. I don't like towelettes that feel stingy since it counter intuitive to their purpose.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Great at removing facial debris. Not so great at removing eye makeup. Burned my eyelids something fierce and while there are some reviewers who didn't experience the same and verbally state that they can't understand why some individuals are experiencing stinging because they have the most sensitive skin and didn't get the same outcome. Sorry ladies but not all skin is the same so we're all going to react differently. Irks me to no end when I read such nonsense. Anyway, the only way I could stop the burning was to immediately rinse my eyes with cool water. I'm bummed that I cannot use them on the eye area but they are fine on the rest of the face. I will use up what I have but will not repurchase in the future.

on 2/12/2013 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Looking for makeup remover wipes without many chemicals but these felt rough and burny, and didn't even do the job. Had to go over my eyes and face again with the Neutrogena wipes that smell and feel better but are full of chemical junk.

on 7/19/2012 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love these towelettes. They're great for refreshing your face, especially during this hot and humid summer. They have a pleasant herbal scent, and remove makeup fairly well. What I love the most about them, however, is that they don't break me out! I am horribly acne-prone, with extremely oily skin that's just slightly dry around the eyes, nose and mouth. I tend to apply a bit of moisturizer just as I would after washing my face after I use these so I haven't particularly noticed if these are even slightly drying.

UPDATE: 1/25/2013
I added a lippie to the four that I had previously given this product because it's actually helped clear my acne. I ran out and didn't repurchase because I'm on a budget and thought they weren't necessary anyway. I don't know what made me buy them other than I know that I really liked them the last time I used them.

I had been breaking out horribly (cystic) on my cheeks and while the stuff I normally used (salicylic acid, b.p.) improved the acne, they didn't get completely rid of them. And if you know anything about cystic acne, it's that just having one is horrible enough (they leave pockmarks on your face). I'd rather just get regular whiteheads. Note that I've always exfoliated my skin pretty well with a scrubby washcloth and made sure that my face was clean.

Anyway, I was getting about 2 at any one time and got lazy one night and decided to use one of these even though I could feel a zit surfacing. I woke up with completely clear skin. It's been 2 days and I still don't have any zits, a new record as of late.
I use them day and night even after washing my face and haven't used any acne products. I don't know if I'll be able to get away with not using the acne products for long, but I'm experimenting because they make my skin feel like sandpaper. This product seriously makes me want to try other Burt's Bees facial products. I've read of a couple that have helped others with their acne even though it's not marketed as a product for clearing acne.

on 6/14/2012 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

These wipes are ok. they remove my makeup well enough, but they also make my eyes sting like something awful! While I don't particularly like the scent of these Burt's Bees wipes because they're too cinnamon-y, I appreciate that it comes naturally from the ingredients used in these wipes. I wouldn't rebuy these though because the wipes from Simple are much better - no stinging and no fragrance, either.

on 3/15/2012 11:32:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I was SO disappointed with these towelettes. I bought them because I usually like to use natural products for my skin care routine and I needed a faster way at night to remove makeup. As a college student, there are just too many late nights and I was sick of falling asleep in makeup. These were horrible. I had to use at least three wipes just to make my face feel clean, the smell was ATROCIOUS, and about two minutes after using my face would turn bright red and feel like it was burning! They were super cheap but I'd rather buy something that works and is more expensive. Never buying again.

Pros: Easy to use
You don't have to use water
Smells good

Cons: Still a little too drying
Doesn't cleanse really well and leaves flakes.

on 11/11/2011 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

They were too rough oddly enough & I don't have overly sensitive skin but they leave a filmy residue & long story short - NOPE!

Just purchased these and so far love them! A nice fragrance and 99% natural--removed all my makeup and left my skin soft but I do use a separate eye makeup remover as I do with all my towelettes. These are my favorite so far and I paid 5.99 for a decent sized package so they are pretty cheap for such a lovely product. Will buy again! My skin is very oily so these are a joy to use after 5:00 when I must redo my "face" --:-}}