Burt's Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes w/White Tea Extract

Burt's Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes w/White Tea Extract
Burt's Bees TowelettesBurt's Bees Towelettes

2.4

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

aqua (water), aloe barbadensis leaf juice, glycerin, camellia sinensis leaf extract*, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, tocopherol, citric acid, parfum (fragrance)**, xanthan gum, polyglyceryl-4 caprate, dicaprylyl carbonate, caprylyl/caprylpolyglyceryl-4 caprate, dicaprylyl carbonate, caprylyl/capryl glucoside, glycine soja (soybean) oil, benzyl alcohol, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, phenoxyethanol, amyl cinnamal, citral, citronellol, limonene, linalool *White Tea Extract **Natural Fragrance

It stings/burns my skin. Doesn't smell good either. Horrible!!

on 10/23/2014 3:51:00 PM

These wipes earn the unfortunate distinction of being among the worst I have ever purchased. I try very hard to stick with natural, organic, and cruelty-free companies' products wherever I can, so I chose these to replace my not-so-natural and not-so-cruelty free Clearasil/ Oxy/ Neutrogena ones I have been buying since my teenage years. I bought these for both cleaning up my oily skin during the day and during travel and for removing oil and old make-up after work before I work out. I don't even know where to start my list of complaints. For one thing, I don't know if it was just my package, but there was no physical way to get just one wipe out of the package; seriously, a CLUMP of like 4 would come out at a time, EVERY time. I can see using two at once if the wipe is a bit thin, but I don't need 4 or 5, that's just a waste (and forget about trying to put them back; it's not happening and not really sanitary anyway). Next, they literally did not clean my face. Don't believe me? Do what I did: I took a different company's face and wiped my face down AFTER using the BB's wipe and the competitor's wipe came away with a TON of dirt and make-up. I could so tell the BB wipe wasn't working: I could FEEL that my skin was still dirty, and after using someone else's wipe afterwards, I had hard proof. Third, in addition to not cleaning my skin, I also felt like they were depositing some kind of gross coating onto my skin. If I'm using a wipe to remove dirt, oil, and make-up, I'm NOT looking for the wipe to deposit something else onto it. I just want clean skin. I'm not a huge scent person, but I will add that I also didn't notice any particular fragrance at all to this product. I'm also not the most price-sensitive health & beauty buyer, but if I'm going to pay more for something, I do expect it to work as well or better than the cheaper options. These wipes are definitely inferior to the competitors but cost considerably more. I get that they are supposedly not full of nasty chemicals, and I am willing to pay extra for that, but they STILL NEED TO WORK. I will stick with my not-so-animal-and-earth-friendly wipes for now, because at least they perform.

on 4/15/2014 4:49:00 PM

In general Burt's Bees products have worked very well on my sensitive skin so I gave this a try. I expected these towelettes to not irritate my skin, but unfortunately they do burn (even the ones FOR sensitive skin)! It removes makeup just fine though.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love the Burt's bees line and scents of their products but this was just bad. Stung my eyes and over powering fragrance added that was so by pleasant I hold my breathe. Will not repurchase wanted to love but elf wipes are so much better at fraction of the cost

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Generally, I really like Burt's Bees products. I find these toilettes effective at removing my eye makeup and I find the smell pleasant; however, for some reason my face burns like crazy after using them. Even after rinsing my face afterwards, my skin burns and is very red, particularly around my eyes. It has also broken out and I'm not prone to breakouts nor do I have particularly sensitive skin. I thought these would be a great idea for when I'm traveling (and I don't want to use other non-natural and synthetic brands), but I need to go back to my MAC cleansing oil, which is much more gentle.

on 3/15/2012 11:32:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I was SO disappointed with these towelettes. I bought them because I usually like to use natural products for my skin care routine and I needed a faster way at night to remove makeup. As a college student, there are just too many late nights and I was sick of falling asleep in makeup. These were horrible. I had to use at least three wipes just to make my face feel clean, the smell was ATROCIOUS, and about two minutes after using my face would turn bright red and feel like it was burning! They were super cheap but I'd rather buy something that works and is more expensive. Never buying again.

on 6/19/2015 12:37:00 AM

These wipes did take off my makeup,but they are just to oily. I think they'd be great for dry skin.I have normal skin with occasional oily t zone. I like that they have white tea and are natural though but I wouldn't repurchase.

BURN MY SKIN I used mine in cucumber and sage it sucks.

on 7/15/2014 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

BURNS! I wouldn't say I have extra sensitive skin. Just normal skin. But these BURN! It does remove makeup and leave skin soft and not too dry, which is the only reason I gave 2 lippies instead of 1. But I will never repurchase!

on 11/5/2013 12:52:00 AM

I was exited to try this product because I wanted to switch to something more natural. It is upsetting that it didn't turned out to be what I was expecting. I really wanted to like this product. It smells amazing and the packaging is Very nice!! Unfortunately, it broke me out. as I was removing my eye makeup, it would burn my eyelids badly! It was a tolerable pain but not nice for something that is meant to be gentle especially for the eye area. I would never purchase this again.