Burt's Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes w/White Tea Extract

Burt's Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes w/White Tea Extract
Burt's Bees TowelettesBurt's Bees Towelettes

3.2

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

aqua (water), aloe barbadensis leaf juice, glycerin, camellia sinensis leaf extract*, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, tocopherol, citric acid, parfum (fragrance)**, xanthan gum, polyglyceryl-4 caprate, dicaprylyl carbonate, caprylyl/caprylpolyglyceryl-4 caprate, dicaprylyl carbonate, caprylyl/capryl glucoside, glycine soja (soybean) oil, benzyl alcohol, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, phenoxyethanol, amyl cinnamal, citral, citronellol, limonene, linalool *White Tea Extract **Natural Fragrance

It stings/burns my skin. Doesn't smell good either. Horrible!!

on 10/23/2014 3:51:00 PM

These wipes earn the unfortunate distinction of being among the worst I have ever purchased. I try very hard to stick with natural, organic, and cruelty-free companies' products wherever I can, so I chose these to replace my not-so-natural and not-so-cruelty free Clearasil/ Oxy/ Neutrogena ones I have been buying since my teenage years. I bought these for both cleaning up my oily skin during the day and during travel and for removing oil and old make-up after work before I work out. I don't even know where to start my list of complaints. For one thing, I don't know if it was just my package, but there was no physical way to get just one wipe out of the package; seriously, a CLUMP of like 4 would come out at a time, EVERY time. I can see using two at once if the wipe is a bit thin, but I don't need 4 or 5, that's just a waste (and forget about trying to put them back; it's not happening and not really sanitary anyway). Next, they literally did not clean my face. Don't believe me? Do what I did: I took a different company's face and wiped my face down AFTER using the BB's wipe and the competitor's wipe came away with a TON of dirt and make-up. I could so tell the BB wipe wasn't working: I could FEEL that my skin was still dirty, and after using someone else's wipe afterwards, I had hard proof. Third, in addition to not cleaning my skin, I also felt like they were depositing some kind of gross coating onto my skin. If I'm using a wipe to remove dirt, oil, and make-up, I'm NOT looking for the wipe to deposit something else onto it. I just want clean skin. I'm not a huge scent person, but I will add that I also didn't notice any particular fragrance at all to this product. I'm also not the most price-sensitive health & beauty buyer, but if I'm going to pay more for something, I do expect it to work as well or better than the cheaper options. These wipes are definitely inferior to the competitors but cost considerably more. I get that they are supposedly not full of nasty chemicals, and I am willing to pay extra for that, but they STILL NEED TO WORK. I will stick with my not-so-animal-and-earth-friendly wipes for now, because at least they perform.

on 4/15/2014 4:49:00 PM

In general Burt's Bees products have worked very well on my sensitive skin so I gave this a try. I expected these towelettes to not irritate my skin, but unfortunately they do burn (even the ones FOR sensitive skin)! It removes makeup just fine though.

on 3/15/2012 11:32:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I was SO disappointed with these towelettes. I bought them because I usually like to use natural products for my skin care routine and I needed a faster way at night to remove makeup. As a college student, there are just too many late nights and I was sick of falling asleep in makeup. These were horrible. I had to use at least three wipes just to make my face feel clean, the smell was ATROCIOUS, and about two minutes after using my face would turn bright red and feel like it was burning! They were super cheap but I'd rather buy something that works and is more expensive. Never buying again.

on 9/27/2013 4:24:00 PM

I feel l have prematurely aged myself due to all the rubbing from these since they are no where near saturated enough. Also they are bad at removing even light makeup. They are however a good size and non-textured which is important. I say stick with olay, ponds and neutrogena, so much better! at least they are better than the Yes to range where they are small, thin and dry. I don't like towelettes that feel stingy since it counter intuitive to their purpose.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Great at removing facial debris. Not so great at removing eye makeup. Burned my eyelids something fierce and while there are some reviewers who didn't experience the same and verbally state that they can't understand why some individuals are experiencing stinging because they have the most sensitive skin and didn't get the same outcome. Sorry ladies but not all skin is the same so we're all going to react differently. Irks me to no end when I read such nonsense. Anyway, the only way I could stop the burning was to immediately rinse my eyes with cool water. I'm bummed that I cannot use them on the eye area but they are fine on the rest of the face. I will use up what I have but will not repurchase in the future.

I received these as a gift and I was pretty disappointed in them. They smell nice but they are so tiny and kind of dry too. The positive about the wipes is that they didn't seem to burn my eyelids as I usually these facial towelettes in conjunction with waterproof remover to take my eye makeup off. They remind a lot of the ELF face wipes. The Kirkland facial towelettes are so much better and just a fraction of the cost.

I really didnt like the smell of these wipes, it actually made me feel quite sick. I also did not find that they removed all of my mascara which is a very important feature for me! I have recently found a brand called Wotnot which give me everything that I need in a facial wipe. There are no chemicals and they remove all of my mascara-Yey!

on 4/13/2012 3:28:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

THE SMELL!!!! aghh I have to hold my breath wen I use them and I'm not that sensitive to smells in products :X does nothing for breakouts, cleans okay but for some reason it kind of burns my skin when I remove makeup. I wear concealer under my eyes, mascara and sometimes eyeliner so it's basically all eye makeup, making it kind of painful. And it's expensive! A good thing is the packaging and it isn't animal tested, but yes to cucumbers towelettes are much better than these

I really wanted to love these wipes but I just didn't. At all. I used them as make-up removers before cleansing my face, and these wipes couldn't get off eye make-up. I don't use waterproof or smudgeproof eye make-up that often, and I went to bed with raccoon eyes most nights. These just didn't cut it. Really disappointing.