Burt's Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes w/White Tea Extract

Burt's Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes w/White Tea Extract
Burt's Bees TowelettesBurt's Bees Towelettes

2.9

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

aqua (water), aloe barbadensis leaf juice, glycerin, camellia sinensis leaf extract*, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, tocopherol, citric acid, parfum (fragrance)**, xanthan gum, polyglyceryl-4 caprate, dicaprylyl carbonate, caprylyl/caprylpolyglyceryl-4 caprate, dicaprylyl carbonate, caprylyl/capryl glucoside, glycine soja (soybean) oil, benzyl alcohol, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, phenoxyethanol, amyl cinnamal, citral, citronellol, limonene, linalool *White Tea Extract **Natural Fragrance

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Generally, I really like Burt's Bees products. I find these toilettes effective at removing my eye makeup and I find the smell pleasant; however, for some reason my face burns like crazy after using them. Even after rinsing my face afterwards, my skin burns and is very red, particularly around my eyes. It has also broken out and I'm not prone to breakouts nor do I have particularly sensitive skin. I thought these would be a great idea for when I'm traveling (and I don't want to use other non-natural and synthetic brands), but I need to go back to my MAC cleansing oil, which is much more gentle.

These wipes burned my eyes and face. They didn't cleanse well. I usually added some coconut oil to get them to remove makeup. I was not impressed. I'll give the sensitive version of these wipes a try.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought these thinking they'd be nice and gentle since it's Burt's Bees but oh my god, they burned my face so much. I couldn't even finish the package.

The smell is also not great. Back to Neutrogena for me.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I bought these while in Ulta because I saw they were on sale and needed to pick some up anyways. I usually love Burt's Bee's products so I thought I would probably love these too.
I use wipes likes these to take off my makeup before cleansing my skin because I've never felt wipes like this actually "cleanse".
Anyways, they do a fantastic job at removing all of my makeup, including eye makeup. However, they do leave my face a little bit sticky, BUT that isn't necessarily a huge problem for me since I do follow up with a cleanser.
The main reason I would not repurchase these are because of the smell. It is nice but way too strong. It's overpowering. I like my skin care products to have a light scent.
Overall, they are effective but don't like the smell at all.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

The main thing that I really like about these towelettes is that they leave me feeling clean. It has a nice tea scent, and I don't feel like I have a layer of chemicals on my face. They work nicely with my skin, and they helped clear up a few blemishes on my forehead last summer. They do remove makeup, but it can take some scrubbing to get heavier eye makeup off. I do tend to just use a different towelette for days that I am wearing more makeup and use these for lighter days. They are also very refreshing after working out.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

these towelettes do what they're supposed to do and just that. they take a few minutes at wiping my eyes free of eyeliner. They eyeliner I use likes to stick around and very little is needed to give one raccoon eyes so that I expected. With one swipe my foundation is completely off though so that's a plus. I switched to these because the Simple ones I was using previously made my face sting and feel gross, sticky, and irritated after and I have found these too make my face and eyes sting for a while. Almost like if i had rubbed my face raw except it'd b just gently wiping my face the first time. Maybe i need the white ones instead for sensitive skin. I'm pleased with these and I would repurchase but I'm still looking for something better

on 4/11/2013 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have been using Simple's makeup wipes for awhile and I wanted to try something new so I picked up burt's bees makeup wipes. The smell is fine, it has citrus scent and it smells like oranges. What is better than Simple brand of makeup wipes is that these wipes are moist and have the right amount of remover on them. They are gentle too but too gentle I think. These wipes take off my mineral foundation fine but it barely takes off my waterproof mascara which is a total let down. I will go back to the Simple brand due to it also being gently but effective at removing all my makeup including waterproof makeup.
I won't be repurchasing these but I recommend this product to people with really sensitive skin, especially dry skin due to it also being moisturizing.

on 1/17/2012 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I use a lot of face wipes/facial towelettes. I use face wipes when i'm traveling, when i'm camping, after performances, and nights when i'm just too tired to do a proper wash. I've tried a lot of brands, high end and low. But i've found just a few i rebuy.
I like these. I like the snap lid on the package better than the resealable plastic strip on most other wipes They contain a mix of both natural and standard facial skin care ingredients. The fragrance is light and not too overpowering. And they are moist enough to do a good job of removing most makeup.
Again, when i wear waterproof liner and/or mascara, i use an eye makeup remover first, as i have found few wipes (other than MAC Wipes) that really get off waterproof eye makeup easily.
These are not my favorites, but i have repurchased when travelling.

on 12/31/2011 5:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love these wipes! I use make up remover wipes after I remove my eye make up (with separate remover) to remove foundations and other make up residues, and I always use a separate cleanser to wash my face afterwards. I have been using the Neutrogena make up remover wipes for a pretty long time, they do the job but would always leave an oily film on my face that is supposed to be moisturizing but makes me want to wash my face immediately after I used the wipes. The Burt's Bees ones, to my surprise, makes my face feel cleaned and refreshed after using them, so I can remove my make up and continue with my day without feeling like I have to wash my face immediately to remove any oily film. I have dry skin and the wipes do not dry my face out at all. I also love the natural floral smell of the Burt's Bees wipes compared to the synthetic fragrance of the Neutrogena wipes, but some people might find the smell too strong for their liking. The wipes also have a lid that closes to keep the moisture, which I find to be a more genius design than Neutrogena's packaging (you have to purchase a separate case to store the wipes). However, both the Burt's Bees and Neutrogena wipes sting my eyes if I use them to remove my eye make up, which I don't recommend anyway unless you only wear very light eye shadows. All in all, I'm very happy that I found a more natural and better alternative to remove my make up! I would recommend these if you find other remover wipes to be too oily, but would not recommend if you have very dry/sensitive skin and prefer to use wipes that are more moisturizing.