Burt's Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes with white tea extract

Burt's Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes with white tea extract
Burt's Bees TowelettesBurt's Bees Towelettes

2.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

aqua (water), aloe barbadensis leaf juice, glycerin, camellia sinensis leaf extract*, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, tocopherol, citric acid, parfum (fragrance)**, xanthan gum, polyglyceryl-4 caprate, dicaprylyl carbonate, caprylyl/caprylpolyglyceryl-4 caprate, dicaprylyl carbonate, caprylyl/capryl glucoside, glycine soja (soybean) oil, benzyl alcohol, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, phenoxyethanol, amyl cinnamal, citral, citronellol, limonene, linalool *White Tea Extract **Natural Fragrance

These wipes burned my eyes and face. They didn't cleanse well. I usually added some coconut oil to get them to remove makeup. I was not impressed. I'll give the sensitive version of these wipes a try.

on 8/4/2017 10:27:00 PM

Not a winner for me. These stung my face, left an angry red burn mark (seriously!) near my eye and an awful tacky, sticky feeling on my skin. They didn't actually remove any of my makeup and I also thought the smell was way too strong. The rest of the package works well for wiping down my dog when he's muddy.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I had high hopes for them. First, I noticed a little bit of a stinging sensation under the eyes while whipping off my eye makeup. It wasn't excruciating, but it was definitely uncomfortable. Second, after using them, My skin was irritated and redder than usual. Overall, pretty disappointed.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

so far i really like these. i bought them without reading reviews because they were the cheapest i could find in the store and i was a bit worried about using them after seeing the rating, but i love them so far.
they got all my makeup off super well and i didn't feel like i had to rub my face extra hard for them to do their job like i've had to with other brands. i did get a minor stinging feeling around my eyes, but my skin there is quite sensitive.
i love the smell and the packaging is great and stops them from drying out like some other apparently resealable brands i've tried.
would definitely repurchase.

on 5/29/2015 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This product isn't as bad as everyone is saying. The towelettes are dampened adequately all the way through and are nice and soft; however, there is an unsettling tingling sensation when first applied to the skin. This hasn't caused any skin reactions or irritations for me, but I do avoid rubbing these over my eyes as that will sting.

I bought these when there was a 25% off sale at my local pharmacy. However, I wouldn't repurchase just because I find the Simple face wipes more effective while being more gentle on the skin.

Packaging: 5/5
Price: 4/5
Overall: 3/5

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I bought these while in Ulta because I saw they were on sale and needed to pick some up anyways. I usually love Burt's Bee's products so I thought I would probably love these too.
I use wipes likes these to take off my makeup before cleansing my skin because I've never felt wipes like this actually "cleanse".
Anyways, they do a fantastic job at removing all of my makeup, including eye makeup. However, they do leave my face a little bit sticky, BUT that isn't necessarily a huge problem for me since I do follow up with a cleanser.
The main reason I would not repurchase these are because of the smell. It is nice but way too strong. It's overpowering. I like my skin care products to have a light scent.
Overall, they are effective but don't like the smell at all.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

The main thing that I really like about these towelettes is that they leave me feeling clean. It has a nice tea scent, and I don't feel like I have a layer of chemicals on my face. They work nicely with my skin, and they helped clear up a few blemishes on my forehead last summer. They do remove makeup, but it can take some scrubbing to get heavier eye makeup off. I do tend to just use a different towelette for days that I am wearing more makeup and use these for lighter days. They are also very refreshing after working out.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I'm a rather lazy make up remover. Sometimes at night I don't feel like washing my face and doing the whole nightly ritual so I picked up these. I really liked the little door to keep them moist which was the selling point really. Unfortunately the throw away point was how bad these suckers burned. I have a sensitive face so a lot of stuff stings or burns or turns me all splotchy and red. This being a "natural" product I didn't think I would have an issue. How wrong I was. It didn't even really get off all my eye makeup either. So I end up looking like the match maker from Mulan (with bloodshot eyes) and have to wash my face anyway. I would just stay away.

on 1/20/2014 2:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this for traveling since I liked the packaging and my skin hasn't reacted to other Burt's Bees products. Unfortunately this burned and turned my face red, and my skin isn't that sensitive. Maybe it burned because of the benzoyl alcohol? Regardless, I would not recommend this to anyone.

on 9/27/2013 4:24:00 PM

I feel l have prematurely aged myself due to all the rubbing from these since they are no where near saturated enough. Also they are bad at removing even light makeup. They are however a good size and non-textured which is important. I say stick with olay, ponds and neutrogena, so much better! at least they are better than the Yes to range where they are small, thin and dry. I don't like towelettes that feel stingy since it counter intuitive to their purpose.