Burt's Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes with white tea extract

Burt's Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes with white tea extract
Burt's Bees TowelettesBurt's Bees Towelettes

3.2

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

aqua (water), aloe barbadensis leaf juice, glycerin, camellia sinensis leaf extract*, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, tocopherol, citric acid, parfum (fragrance)**, xanthan gum, polyglyceryl-4 caprate, dicaprylyl carbonate, caprylyl/caprylpolyglyceryl-4 caprate, dicaprylyl carbonate, caprylyl/capryl glucoside, glycine soja (soybean) oil, benzyl alcohol, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, phenoxyethanol, amyl cinnamal, citral, citronellol, limonene, linalool *White Tea Extract **Natural Fragrance

These wipes burned my eyes and face. They didn't cleanse well. I usually added some coconut oil to get them to remove makeup. I was not impressed. I'll give the sensitive version of these wipes a try.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I had high hopes for them. First, I noticed a little bit of a stinging sensation under the eyes while whipping off my eye makeup. It wasn't excruciating, but it was definitely uncomfortable. Second, after using them, My skin was irritated and redder than usual. Overall, pretty disappointed.

on 10/25/2015 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My nighttime skin routine consists of makeup removal, cleansing, toning, and moisturizing...as I'm sure is quite similar to many of you. Where makeup removal is concerned, I typically use some type of cleansing towelette and then Pond's Cold Cream or baby oil for my eye-makeup. I have tried facial cleansing towelettes from Neutrogena, Simple, and Yes to Cucumbers to name a few. So far, Burt's Bees are my favorite. The cloth is soft, good quality and I love the white tea scent. Some reviewers have mentioned that these wipes irritated their skin, but so far I have not had any problems. I have fairly oily skin, especially in my t-zone, but I don't use these wipes as a final means for clean skin. I wash my face after unless I'm feeling lazy.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

so far i really like these. i bought them without reading reviews because they were the cheapest i could find in the store and i was a bit worried about using them after seeing the rating, but i love them so far.
they got all my makeup off super well and i didn't feel like i had to rub my face extra hard for them to do their job like i've had to with other brands. i did get a minor stinging feeling around my eyes, but my skin there is quite sensitive.
i love the smell and the packaging is great and stops them from drying out like some other apparently resealable brands i've tried.
would definitely repurchase.

on 5/29/2015 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This product isn't as bad as everyone is saying. The towelettes are dampened adequately all the way through and are nice and soft; however, there is an unsettling tingling sensation when first applied to the skin. This hasn't caused any skin reactions or irritations for me, but I do avoid rubbing these over my eyes as that will sting.

I bought these when there was a 25% off sale at my local pharmacy. However, I wouldn't repurchase just because I find the Simple face wipes more effective while being more gentle on the skin.

Packaging: 5/5
Price: 4/5
Overall: 3/5

I don't have sensitive skin, and the face wipes still burn my skin! I don't feel fresh after using this product because it is not as good as other makeup face wipes, it burns, and it's so expensive! Not worth the purchase

These are my all-time favorite wipes! I use these every single day. Sometimes twice. Once when I'm removing my makeup, and typically before I apply my makeup to remove oil and such from my face. The smell is amazing, and it's something that I actually really like about the product. The wipes do burn a bit on sensitive areas, but the burn isn't unbearable and I find that it wakes me up in the morning. These wipes do a great job at removing all of my makeup, and I never need more than one. Keep in mind that I wear a lot of foundation and face powder. The only issue I ever have is with the lid. For some reason, the past two that I've purchased have not wanted to shut properly. The wipes never dried out, but it was a bit annoying.

on 8/7/2014 10:02:00 AM

I got this product on sale at target. I usually use tea tree oil face wipes from the face shop but the face shop does not exist in FL atm. I needed a replacement, and I liked this product was mostly natural ingredients. I waited for a day when I wore waterproof mascara and eyeliner to write this review because a major complaint on makeup alley was that these wipes do not take off waterproof makeup well. This product does take off waterproof makeup. Be gentle when wiping and make sure the formula on the wipe has some time to get on the product on your face to break it down. All my makeup came off. Also the smell isn't unbearably bad. It smells like white tea (go figure!). I love the thickness of the towelettes, and I love that these wipes have a lid snap closure just like my past tea tree oil wipes.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I bought these while in Ulta because I saw they were on sale and needed to pick some up anyways. I usually love Burt's Bee's products so I thought I would probably love these too.
I use wipes likes these to take off my makeup before cleansing my skin because I've never felt wipes like this actually "cleanse".
Anyways, they do a fantastic job at removing all of my makeup, including eye makeup. However, they do leave my face a little bit sticky, BUT that isn't necessarily a huge problem for me since I do follow up with a cleanser.
The main reason I would not repurchase these are because of the smell. It is nice but way too strong. It's overpowering. I like my skin care products to have a light scent.
Overall, they are effective but don't like the smell at all.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

These are alright. I like how the packaging has a little open and close feature to keep them moist. However, the towelettes themselves aren't very moist and it can take a lot of scrubbing to get heavy eye makeup off. I also feel like they somewhat "tug" at my face when I am removing foundation because of their dryness. Also, I find the smell quite off putting as it is quite strong. They do a decent job of removing makeup, but it required a lot of scrubbing. I feel like if these contained more moisture and less scent they would be good.