MAC Cleanse Off Oil - Tranquil

MAC Cleanse Off Oil - Tranquil

Caprylic/capric triglyceride, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, PEG-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Zostera Marina (Sea Grass) Extract, Eriobotyra Japonica (Loquat) Leaf Extract, Prunus Persica (Peach) Leaf Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract, Tocopherol, Water / Aqua / Eau, Citros Junus Peel Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Oil, Gevuina Avellana Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Squalane, PEG-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Bisabolol, Alcohol, Pentasodium Pentetate

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The trace sized is actually a good deal but u get $10 for 1oz & $31 for 5oz (actually for awhile it was a better deal to get the travel sized I think but not anymore but I don't have a spare $31 laying around so I stick to the more manageable amount of $10). I have 3 of these in varying stages of use (1 full tranquil, 1 half used, & 1 third used regular scent). I don't know that tranquil is any better than regular I don't really discern much scent but I think I will prob buy the full sized when I run out of all 3 coz it's the best thing for taking off MAC liquidlast & modern twist kajal waterproof eyeliners it's what MAC recs & there isn't all that raw scrubbing that tugs on delicate eye areas which is so important to me. I end up sleeping in my eyeliner somexs (bad I kno I'm not normally a lazy person in all aspects of life), this will make it fresh in the AM or take off all that nasty oil accrued overnight I know I am of the school-of-thought

on 12/9/2015 3:38:00 PM

Hmmm, I don't really get the hype over this one. I expected a better performance.

It does not dry out my skin at all (I have normal/dry/dehydrated skin) and is pleasant to use. I use 5 pumps daily to take off my face make up -not eye makeup as I feel it would take too long - and I have had it for about 2,3 months now with about a third left.

However, it still leaves traces of makeup behind, I need to use two cotton pads (back and front) with micellar water to take it all off. Also, I felt when I was using Shu Uemura's, it left my skin looking radiant and softer also and no traces of make up behind, not so with the MAC. So, I would not repurchase,
Recently, I started using my A-derma Soap-Free Dermatological Bar with Oat Milk again and I think actually prefer it.

The price is whack, retails for 35 euros / 39 US dollars in Greece. If it was an amazing product, I wouldn't mind, but meh.

To Read all 19 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/16/2015 10:33:00 AM

I.....can't believe I like this cleanser. First, I grew up in the anti-oil 90s (all matte everything!) when oil in your skincare or makeup was the devil, so it's taken me awhile to reverse that way of thinking. Secondly, frankly, my face hates skincare; I have reactive rosacea so a lot of products make my face turn red and feel like it's burning. And third, honestly, it's MAC. Do you really think of skincare when you think of MAC? Not to mention their face makeup has a rep for giving people breakouts.

I'd been using Clinique's TTDO balm to remove my sunscreen and makeup because I liked that my face didn't feel stripped afterwards. I can't use any wipes, and regular cleanser wasn't getting it done. The first time I tried TTDO my skin hated it, but I learned how to use it properly and it was working well, but I felt like it was possibly clogging my pores, or just not removing the sebum enough to prevent clogged pores.

I picked up the small size of the Tranquil Cleanse Off on a whim because I saw it by the checkout at Nordies. I'd been wanting to try an oil cleanser and I'd heard good things about theirs over the years on the boards. Also, frankly the bottle was pretty and I'm a sucker. So I pulled out my phone, came here, and was swayed by the review from Monseter. She's 100% right about everything she says; scroll down! =)

Having used up the bottle and ordered a new full sized one I think I can safely say that I love it! I've used it about 4-5x a week on average, and my skin feels great after; no residue or need for toner, no dry, stripped, raw feeling...just clean & soft skin. If you have sensitive combo-to-dry skin with large pores that easily clog like mine it's definitely worth a try. The pores on my nose are clear and therefore looking much smaller, and I haven't had any redness or breakouts. Happy with a MAC cleanser, who knew?

on 9/30/2014 11:40:00 PM

This cleansing oil is great at removing sunscreen and waterproof/long-wear foundation. I have combination super sensitive acne prone skin that gets dehydrated dry flaky easily. The consistency is very runny and messy can get into you hair run down your arms. You have to use quite a lot like 3-5 pumps. After you rinse if off it leaves a slight residue. I double cleanse anyways. I notice that when I use this my skin breakouts out in tiny pumps and becomes unbalanced for about 2 weeks than as I continue to use this my skin gets better less clog pores and breakouts but still dry. Once I stop using it for a couple of weeks or months and use it again it breaks out and become unbalanced again.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This cleansing oil works amazingly well. I usually use Softymo Deep Cleansing Oil but picked this up in a travel size for $10 to try out. It definitely removes EVERYTHING from my face in mere seconds. My skin is oily and acne prone and this does not irritate my pores or clog them. It removes my makeup better & faster than Softymo. The only thing I don't like is the price. I admittedly am cheap, but you need like 15 pumps of this to remove a full face of makeup. 1 pump distributes only a tiny drizzle of oil. I don't know how fast I will really get through the travel size but other than that it's an amazing product.

on 4/15/2014 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

HOLY GRAIL MAKEUP REMOVER!!!!

Up until recently my makeup removing routine took me about 20 minutes. It consisted of cold cream, baby wipes, an eye makeup remover, olay cleansing cloths, cleanser and toner. By the time I got to the toner my face was dying from all the scrubbing and chemicals but I had to get all the makeup out of my pores or else i'd horribly break out! (I still ended up breaking out from all the scrubbing I put my poor face through)

I recently got a full-time job finally which meant that I'd have to be going through this routine daily so I decided to order this cleansing oil off the nordstrom website, I purchased the "mini" bottle for ten dollars (the cool part about nordstrom is that you get free shipping and samples!).

Anyway, I've been using this for about three weeks now and HOLY CRAP does it make a difference. You pump a few squirts and rub it on your face (dry hands, full face of makeup) and start rubbing. You can rub for as long as you'd like and a lot of the time you can literally see the makeup disintegrating. It doesn't leave your face feeling dry or tight and it seriously gets EVERYTHING off. So after you're finished massaging your face, you wet your hands and your face and go a little longer to fully break down the makeup. I doubt you have to spend this much time massaging your face but I love this stuff so much that I tend to overdo it.

Like I said, I've been using it for three weeks and I've totally noticed a difference in my skin in the sense that it's much less irritated. Not to mention this cuts my makeup removal by like 80% because this really only takes me 10 minutes tops and that's including using a regular cleanser, toner, and moisturizer in those same 10 minutes. I've only used about half the container (it's 1oz for the mini) and I use a looooot because I tend to use makeup on my neck too so I use this on my neck.

If you're oily, don't be afraid to try this out!!!! This formula as opposed to the regular cleanse-off oil is formulated for sensitive skin SO ladies with sensitive skin should also check this out. I should also mention I have very sensitive dry acne prone skin that pretty much freaks out and breaks out in contact dermatitis at the mere thought of any harsh fragrances, sulfates, and silicones.

I highly recommend it!

on 1/26/2014 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Takes off makeup amazingly. My HG product for sure. I have oily/combination skin and it helps to actually control my oils. Leaves skin soft and radiant

I love this, it dissolves makeup in one pump, (standard size), rinse with warm water! It gets rid of all makeup up easy without rubbing hard at your skin. And you can be certain that you have nothing left on your face. I use it in morning and at night, doesn't cause break outs, don't be scared of it because it's oil, it doesn't make skin greasy

on 8/5/2013 7:11:00 PM

This is a very effective cleansing oil. I have oily/combination skin, so of course "oils" make me a little nervous, but it did not make me break out. It removed tough, long wearing makeup, but was nice and gentle around my eyes. However, I think next time I'll repurchase the plain one. The smell of the Tranquil one is a little unusual, and it would be a much more enjoyable experience if it had less of a fragrance.

I like this cleanse off oil but I prefer my go-to Boscia make-up break-up cleanse off oil. This is the only contender against it though.
- I do love the fact that it comes in a travel size. I bought my first bottle of it in the travel size which I was happy about because I didn't wanna spend $30 on a full bottle
- the packaging is great and sleek. it has an actual open/close clicker for traveling which is essential.
- I've been using it everyday for the past 2 weeks and not yet a quarter is gone. I need at least 5 pumps each time I use it.
- It's not as gentle on my eyes as my Boscia one which is a factor for me. I guess it's not meant for people with sensitive eyes but I'll continue to use it if it doesnt cause any further irritation.