Priori Coffeeberry Perfecting Minerals Foundation SPF 25

Filtered by skin tone : Deep Dark
 Priori Coffeeberry Perfecting Minerals Foundation SPF 25
Priori Coffeeberry Perfecting Minerals Foundation SPF 25Priori Coffeeberry Perfecting Minerals Foundation SPF 25Priori Coffeeberry Perfecting Minerals Foundation SPF 25Priori Coffeeberry Perfecting Minerals Foundation SPF 25

1 review

Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide - 20%....Sunscreen

Skin: Combination, Deep Dark, Not Sure

Unlike most of the reviewers so far for this foundation, I am an older woman of 46 and I am Afro-Caribbean. I purchased this in colour 6. I wear Bare Minerals Original In Medium Deep, Mac studio fix in NW47 and BlackUp CC in HC10 and Nars All Day Luminous in New Guinea 5. That hopefully, gives an idea of my colouring.
My skin is dry on my forehead and cheeks, open pores on cheeks and nose and I have hyper pigmentation around the outer edges of my face but not the T zone. I also shine within 2 hours wearing any foundation never mind the quality.
I like medium to full coverage but hate a heavy cakey feel. I must admit I am a foundation junkie and even when I think I've found a fantastic, I still continue to look for other products to try.
These days I am into a lighter look that still covers my pigmentation, easy to apply and will hold back on the shine for at least 4-5 hours. The shove part if my criteria seems to be impossible.
My views on the Priori
I ordered the number 6. Although the picture shows shade on a very dark skinned woman, the powder colour looked as if it could be applied to a medium dark skin colour. I was right. The colour matched my skin colour perfectly. There was no demarcation from face to neck and I didn't even blend heavily.
The powder is very finely milled more so than Bare Miberals. It applied very easily on my skin to give a creamy dewy natural appearance.
I would say for best coverage and lasting power I would use a primer. I use Mally Perfect Prep Primer which is my HG primer.
The coverage was excellent and covered all my blemishes easily.
The product comes with a small good quality kabuki brush which is great for a small make up bag.
It held back my shibe for about 3 hours, di comparable to my high end oil free liquid foundations.
What is really good about the product is that I applied a little more product on my face to remove the shine, and it does not look cakey and heavy. Other foundations I nornally have to use a setting powder or Bare Minerals finishing veil. I don't use a setting powder with the priori foundation.
The foundation has red/orange undertones which others have remarked upon. This, however works well for me as I have very yellow undertones. It therefore balanced skin tone out perfectly.
I'm one of those women when having a hot flush, my face starts to itch/ react to the foundation. I have had no such problem with this product. It actually feels really gentle. They claim that it us beneficial to your skin. I can't give testament to that claim, but I can say that it is gentle enough to sleep in and not cause any adverse reactions to skin.
My only negative on this product was that only about 4 holes were punched out for dispensing. No where near enough. I had to puncture at least 5 more holes.
But this is the only foundation In my huge collection that I have finished and bought another one. In fact I bought 2 more as I found a site that sold it for £17 rather than £27. Great offer.
I've been using the foundation fairly regularly for over a year and I am only now nearly finishing the container.
Great product and in my top 3 of foundations. It us the foundation I reach for automatically every morning.
Value wise even at the full price I think it is very good value.
Great coverage
Excellent colour
Has SPF that doesn't give an ashy White sheen
Long lasting
Ok oil control
Gentle on skin
Plenty of product for the money.
Nice Kabuki brush

Cons
Not enough holes punctured in plastic lid.