Priori Coffeeberry Perfecting Minerals Foundation SPF 25

Filtered by eye Color : Green
 Priori Coffeeberry Perfecting Minerals Foundation SPF 25
Priori Coffeeberry Perfecting Minerals Foundation SPF 25Priori Coffeeberry Perfecting Minerals Foundation SPF 25Priori Coffeeberry Perfecting Minerals Foundation SPF 25Priori Coffeeberry Perfecting Minerals Foundation SPF 25

3.0

Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide - 20%....Sunscreen

on 3/3/2014 9:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I LOVE this foundation. It makes my skin feel so soft and smooth, well moisturised, and does not make me breakout. I am usually not a fan of mineral makeups, especially as they are powder based because my skin is so dry (maybe it's combination though as I do have a tendency to occasionally break out around my chin. Anyway, I think this foundation actually helps the tone and feel of my skin!

You can get a really good coverage, but you have to build it up. It also helps to apply with a good kabuki brush. The beauty therapist helped to explain how to apply the powder. She said that you need to load the tip of the brush, tap the extra powder off (into the container for future use as it is expensive!) then you work the product 'into' your skin by using firm and round brush strokes. It will oxidise, but if you work it into your skin and blend (and moisturise first) it really does go on so nicely and it doesn't go that orange...just kind of darker. Those people that don't get a good coverage, may need to work the product in more? It sounds strange, but it does appear to be light coverage but you do need to swirl the brush and it will build. I have acne scars on one side of my face and a few discolouration splotches and it hides these really well!

on 6/14/2011 1:39:00 PM

I bought this because I saw it recommended in a magazine (I believe it was Allure) and because coffeeberry is touted as so good for the skin. The website I bought it from has no product reviews, so I was buying on blind faith. At $44.60, I really wish I hadn’t. First, it comes in a range of 6 colors, and I bought #1, the lightest. It looks fairly dark, but in actuality, it provides so little coverage that the color seems not to be much of an issue. Unfortunately, the coverage is not really buildable like it is with other powder foundations (actually, my only other experience was with Bare Minerals). I have tried buffing on more and more, attempting to achieve more coverage, and have found that all of my skin imperfections are still perfectly visible, yet I look sort of chalky and unhealthy. It does not matter if I use an illuminating primer under it—the results are still exactly the same.