Priori Coffeeberry Perfecting Minerals Foundation SPF 25

Filtered by skin type : Combination
 Priori Coffeeberry Perfecting Minerals Foundation SPF 25
Priori Coffeeberry Perfecting Minerals Foundation SPF 25Priori Coffeeberry Perfecting Minerals Foundation SPF 25Priori Coffeeberry Perfecting Minerals Foundation SPF 25Priori Coffeeberry Perfecting Minerals Foundation SPF 25

Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide - 20%....Sunscreen

Skin: Combination, Deep Dark, Not Sure

Unlike most of the reviewers so far for this foundation, I am an older woman of 46 and I am Afro-Caribbean. I purchased this in colour 6. I wear Bare Minerals Original In Medium Deep, Mac studio fix in NW47 and BlackUp CC in HC10 and Nars All Day Luminous in New Guinea 5. That hopefully, gives an idea of my colouring.
My skin is dry on my forehead and cheeks, open pores on cheeks and nose and I have hyper pigmentation around the outer edges of my face but not the T zone. I also shine within 2 hours wearing any foundation never mind the quality.
I like medium to full coverage but hate a heavy cakey feel. I must admit I am a foundation junkie and even when I think I've found a fantastic, I still continue to look for other products to try.
These days I am into a lighter look that still covers my pigmentation, easy to apply and will hold back on the shine for at least 4-5 hours. The shove part if my criteria seems to be impossible.
My views on the Priori
I ordered the number 6. Although the picture shows shade on a very dark skinned woman, the powder colour looked as if it could be applied to a medium dark skin colour. I was right. The colour matched my skin colour perfectly. There was no demarcation from face to neck and I didn't even blend heavily.
The powder is very finely milled more so than Bare Miberals. It applied very easily on my skin to give a creamy dewy natural appearance.
I would say for best coverage and lasting power I would use a primer. I use Mally Perfect Prep Primer which is my HG primer.
The coverage was excellent and covered all my blemishes easily.
The product comes with a small good quality kabuki brush which is great for a small make up bag.
It held back my shibe for about 3 hours, di comparable to my high end oil free liquid foundations.
What is really good about the product is that I applied a little more product on my face to remove the shine, and it does not look cakey and heavy. Other foundations I nornally have to use a setting powder or Bare Minerals finishing veil. I don't use a setting powder with the priori foundation.
The foundation has red/orange undertones which others have remarked upon. This, however works well for me as I have very yellow undertones. It therefore balanced skin tone out perfectly.
I'm one of those women when having a hot flush, my face starts to itch/ react to the foundation. I have had no such problem with this product. It actually feels really gentle. They claim that it us beneficial to your skin. I can't give testament to that claim, but I can say that it is gentle enough to sleep in and not cause any adverse reactions to skin.
My only negative on this product was that only about 4 holes were punched out for dispensing. No where near enough. I had to puncture at least 5 more holes.
But this is the only foundation In my huge collection that I have finished and bought another one. In fact I bought 2 more as I found a site that sold it for 17 rather than 27. Great offer.
I've been using the foundation fairly regularly for over a year and I am only now nearly finishing the container.
Great product and in my top 3 of foundations. It us the foundation I reach for automatically every morning.
Value wise even at the full price I think it is very good value.
Great coverage
Excellent colour
Has SPF that doesn't give an ashy White sheen
Long lasting
Ok oil control
Gentle on skin
Plenty of product for the money.
Nice Kabuki brush

Cons
Not enough holes punctured in plastic lid.

on 12/13/2014 11:31:00 PM

I just want to preface this by saying, I have only used one other mineral foundation other than this, so I don't have much to compare it to. The other mineral foundation was Maybelline, and it was rubbish!! I've always thought mineral foundations were useless (maybe due to my first time using one being a bad experience). I thought they provided little coverage, felt cakey and looked awful! I feel so self conscious without makeup on so I wear it all the time. Like, I won't even leave my bedroom without it for fear I might cause a family member to have a heart attack from the horror :p lol! That might be an exaggeration, my skin is probably not THAT bad, but that's how I feel about it.
I've always used heavy MAC studio fix fluid foundation, which I do love, but I was looking for something that would be better for my skin. I've realised that because I wear foundation all the time, my skin problems are probably being exacerbated. I believe I have a sensitivity to silicones, even though they are said to be non-comedogenic. I have been trying cut them out, and foundation was the one thing I was finding it difficult to find.
Enter priori mineral foundation. This product appealed to me for a few reasons. Firstly, I trust this brand! I think it's a quality brand (which also doesn't test on animals), and am surprised many people don't know about it! Secondly, it is mineral foundation with the added benefit of coffeeberry. I've used the Priori coffeeberry night cream and it's fab :) my skin looks glowy when I use it!
I bought colour number 1. I am a MAC NW20 for reference. I have noticed slight oxidation with this product, but it is slight oxidation.
When I first applied the product, I worried it wasn't going to give me the coverage that I need. However I continued to use more and it is definitely buildable! I would say you can easily get to medium/full coverage by applying more. I have red acne marks and uneven skin tone and it covered these perfectly!
I use a kabuki brush and swirl it around in the cup and then really work it into my skin in circular motions. I find applying little by little works best!
On to the results. Well let me just say, I'm impressed!! And I'm not easily impressed! It provides all the coverage I need (albeit I use a decent amount), it doesn't feel cakey to me (it did slightly at first, but the feeling dissipates) and I think it makes my skin look great! It looks glowy and fresh... like my own skin, but much, MUCH better! I'm so surprised because I honestly expected to hate mineral foundation! The only gripe I have is that the pores on my nose look slightly bigger with this on. This is not the fault of the product though, and I'd expect this is the case with any mineral foundation. The rest of my skin looks so good with this on, so it's a small price to pay :) I also feel so much better using a product that is good for my skin! Maybe using this product, as opposed to heavy foundation all the time, will help my skin become less problematic! I am hopeful :)

on 12/28/2013 7:34:00 PM

This is by far the best mineral foundation I've found. It was sold at a beauty therapist that I occasionally went to, my Mum had also purchased this and raved about it so I thought I'd give it a go. Holy cow, this products provides absolute coverage, great for blemishes and uneven skin tone. They staying power is also incredible, I did a 30 minute workout and my makeup stayed on, if anything I had a bit of a glow afterwards. This is also fast and easy to apply, perfect if you are in a rush but cannot bear to go out au natural. I believe you can actually sleep in this mineral powder too, I never have but you know maybe it's good on long haul flights? I use this on top of liquid foundation if I want a heavier coverage if I'm going out to a special event as well, blends so nicely and always looks fresh and never cakes. I paid around $80 NZD for this and it is worth it because it lasts you soooo long. I've had mine for well over a year, it never seems to end! This is always my go to product and I recommend it to all my friends, money well spent!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I have fair skin being a red head, they gave me the concealer to use as a foundation, but it gave my skin an unnatural pink glow, I took it back and they gave me no1. It has a golden base, but provides a healthy glow and I don't look washed out (I would usually steer clear of golden based foundation in fear of looking orange)

I use a tinted primer and it helps with the application process, but if I'm lazy I'll skip the primer and just spray the tips of the application brush lightly with water and then rub it in the minerals and apply, it gives a better coverage. if I wear it on its own, no water, no primer, it's impossible to build up to cover imperfections, so defiantly try it with a damp brush.

I have really sensitive skin and With more commercial brand my skin gets red, irritated, itchy and flakey, however with priori it really has made my skin better! Healthier and that's why I'll buy it again, a summery glow and perfect skin, looks good all day,doesn't feel thick or cakey, light weight.

on 4/17/2012 3:52:00 PM

meh. I don't understand the hype. I've had this for almost a year now and I'm trying to use it up. PROS: lasts forever, has SPF, has coffeeberry (antioxidant). CONS: expensive (lasts forever kind of offsets this), don't find the coverage all that great (I guess it reduces some of the redness in my cheeks, definitely doesn't cover acne scars), shimmer (makes oily skin look oilier), shades are weird (too expensive to have to mix colours).
It does look natural and it hasn't completely irritated my forehead with little bumps like most mineral foundations but I just don't feel it's amazing. It accentuates my dry skin in the winter and doesn't help keep my skin matte in the summer. I haven't seen any benefits to my skin since using this, so not sure I believe the BS about it being great for your skin. I personally will not repurchase but it was great to try.

on 1/7/2012 5:46:00 PM

I've tried every mineral makeup out there and so far, this is the best. According to the science behind it, it "feeds" your skin. Hey, nothing wrong with that! But that's not why I bought it. I was already using the skincare and my skin was so much better so it was a no-brainer. If you get the wrong color, take it back. I also use the concealer which surprised me with ti's non chalky appearance. I also get Priori peels from the esthetician which have helped tremendously.

on 8/20/2011 6:07:00 AM

Definitely best mineral make up I've tried (and I've pretty much tried 'em all - EDM, Bareminerals, Lucy, Laurier Mercier etc). I have uneven skin tone, light freckles, prone to redness, some blemishes and I actually do find the foundation has enough coverage (I usually wear full coverage foundations). I bought the concealer as well, but I find one layer of foundation, with perhaps a little extra around nose/chin + finishing powder is all I need. Lasts all day and looks gorgeous. Love love love.

Im in the minority here but I really like this product. However I agree with the other reviews in some respect. First its really expensive and second it should not be advertised as a foundation. There is virtually no coverage from this product. I use this as more of a finishing powder/bronzer. I use a concealer to cover any redness . The reason I really like it is because its the only mineral powder I can use for my dry skin., This does not accentuate my pores, settle in any lines, or cause any skin reactions in me at all. Ive tried several mineral foundations and so far this is the only one that works for me.

on 6/14/2011 1:39:00 PM

I bought this because I saw it recommended in a magazine (I believe it was Allure) and because coffeeberry is touted as so good for the skin. The website I bought it from has no product reviews, so I was buying on blind faith. At $44.60, I really wish I hadnt. First, it comes in a range of 6 colors, and I bought #1, the lightest. It looks fairly dark, but in actuality, it provides so little coverage that the color seems not to be much of an issue. Unfortunately, the coverage is not really buildable like it is with other powder foundations (actually, my only other experience was with Bare Minerals). I have tried buffing on more and more, attempting to achieve more coverage, and have found that all of my skin imperfections are still perfectly visible, yet I look sort of chalky and unhealthy. It does not matter if I use an illuminating primer under itthe results are still exactly the same.