Priori Coffeeberry Perfecting Minerals Foundation SPF 25

Priori Coffeeberry Perfecting Minerals Foundation SPF 25
Priori Coffeeberry Perfecting Minerals Foundation SPF 25Priori Coffeeberry Perfecting Minerals Foundation SPF 25Priori Coffeeberry Perfecting Minerals Foundation SPF 25Priori Coffeeberry Perfecting Minerals Foundation SPF 25

4.2

Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide - 20%....Sunscreen

on 6/14/2011 1:39:00 PM

I bought this because I saw it recommended in a magazine (I believe it was Allure) and because coffeeberry is touted as so good for the skin. The website I bought it from has no product reviews, so I was buying on blind faith. At $44.60, I really wish I hadn’t. First, it comes in a range of 6 colors, and I bought #1, the lightest. It looks fairly dark, but in actuality, it provides so little coverage that the color seems not to be much of an issue. Unfortunately, the coverage is not really buildable like it is with other powder foundations (actually, my only other experience was with Bare Minerals). I have tried buffing on more and more, attempting to achieve more coverage, and have found that all of my skin imperfections are still perfectly visible, yet I look sort of chalky and unhealthy. It does not matter if I use an illuminating primer under it—the results are still exactly the same.

Skin: Combination, Deep Dark, Not Sure

Unlike most of the reviewers so far for this foundation, I am an older woman of 46 and I am Afro-Caribbean. I purchased this in colour 6. I wear Bare Minerals Original In Medium Deep, Mac studio fix in NW47 and BlackUp CC in HC10 and Nars All Day Luminous in New Guinea 5. That hopefully, gives an idea of my colouring.
My skin is dry on my forehead and cheeks, open pores on cheeks and nose and I have hyper pigmentation around the outer edges of my face but not the T zone. I also shine within 2 hours wearing any foundation never mind the quality.
I like medium to full coverage but hate a heavy cakey feel. I must admit I am a foundation junkie and even when I think I've found a fantastic, I still continue to look for other products to try.
These days I am into a lighter look that still covers my pigmentation, easy to apply and will hold back on the shine for at least 4-5 hours. The shove part if my criteria seems to be impossible.
My views on the Priori
I ordered the number 6. Although the picture shows shade on a very dark skinned woman, the powder colour looked as if it could be applied to a medium dark skin colour. I was right. The colour matched my skin colour perfectly. There was no demarcation from face to neck and I didn't even blend heavily.
The powder is very finely milled more so than Bare Miberals. It applied very easily on my skin to give a creamy dewy natural appearance.
I would say for best coverage and lasting power I would use a primer. I use Mally Perfect Prep Primer which is my HG primer.
The coverage was excellent and covered all my blemishes easily.
The product comes with a small good quality kabuki brush which is great for a small make up bag.
It held back my shibe for about 3 hours, di comparable to my high end oil free liquid foundations.
What is really good about the product is that I applied a little more product on my face to remove the shine, and it does not look cakey and heavy. Other foundations I nornally have to use a setting powder or Bare Minerals finishing veil. I don't use a setting powder with the priori foundation.
The foundation has red/orange undertones which others have remarked upon. This, however works well for me as I have very yellow undertones. It therefore balanced skin tone out perfectly.
I'm one of those women when having a hot flush, my face starts to itch/ react to the foundation. I have had no such problem with this product. It actually feels really gentle. They claim that it us beneficial to your skin. I can't give testament to that claim, but I can say that it is gentle enough to sleep in and not cause any adverse reactions to skin.
My only negative on this product was that only about 4 holes were punched out for dispensing. No where near enough. I had to puncture at least 5 more holes.
But this is the only foundation In my huge collection that I have finished and bought another one. In fact I bought 2 more as I found a site that sold it for £17 rather than £27. Great offer.
I've been using the foundation fairly regularly for over a year and I am only now nearly finishing the container.
Great product and in my top 3 of foundations. It us the foundation I reach for automatically every morning.
Value wise even at the full price I think it is very good value.
Great coverage
Excellent colour
Has SPF that doesn't give an ashy White sheen
Long lasting
Ok oil control
Gentle on skin
Plenty of product for the money.
Nice Kabuki brush

Cons
Not enough holes punctured in plastic lid.

I am very fair so I actually use the concealer for full face or the F3 in the summer if I have had sun. It is amazing and you won't break out. for $60 CDN it lasts me a year!!

on 12/28/2013 7:34:00 PM

This is by far the best mineral foundation I've found. It was sold at a beauty therapist that I occasionally went to, my Mum had also purchased this and raved about it so I thought I'd give it a go. Holy cow, this products provides absolute coverage, great for blemishes and uneven skin tone. They staying power is also incredible, I did a 30 minute workout and my makeup stayed on, if anything I had a bit of a glow afterwards. This is also fast and easy to apply, perfect if you are in a rush but cannot bear to go out au natural. I believe you can actually sleep in this mineral powder too, I never have but you know maybe it's good on long haul flights? I use this on top of liquid foundation if I want a heavier coverage if I'm going out to a special event as well, blends so nicely and always looks fresh and never cakes. I paid around $80 NZD for this and it is worth it because it lasts you soooo long. I've had mine for well over a year, it never seems to end! This is always my go to product and I recommend it to all my friends, money well spent!

I would recommend that anyone thinking about buying this trys a sample of it first. I bought the lightest colour, and it looks pale orange on my skin. It also offers very little coverage compared to other mineral foundations, and as the other reviewer has said, the coverage isn't buildable (even though I have very little to cover, and uselually go out without any foundation/tinted moisturiser).

on 9/4/2016 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am a huge fan of mineral foundations. This is literally the best mineral foundation I've ever tried. It's very natural with mineral sunscreen of zinc oxide and titanium oxide which give a good SPF 25 protection. And the finish looks very natural and smooth, with a little glow you can see on your skin (unlike most mineral foundations, it's not mat and powdery at all). And it is pretty long lasting as well. I apply illamasqua hydra veil before every mineral foundation I tried, such as Jane iredale, tarte, Synergie, everyday minerals, and this has the best result. Gonna repurchase it again and again. If it's possible I do hope Priori can add more zinc oxide and make it SPF 30 LOL.

on 12/13/2014 11:31:00 PM

I just want to preface this by saying, I have only used one other mineral foundation other than this, so I don't have much to compare it to. The other mineral foundation was Maybelline, and it was rubbish!! I've always thought mineral foundations were useless (maybe due to my first time using one being a bad experience). I thought they provided little coverage, felt cakey and looked awful! I feel so self conscious without makeup on so I wear it all the time. Like, I won't even leave my bedroom without it for fear I might cause a family member to have a heart attack from the horror :p lol! That might be an exaggeration, my skin is probably not THAT bad, but that's how I feel about it.
I've always used heavy MAC studio fix fluid foundation, which I do love, but I was looking for something that would be better for my skin. I've realised that because I wear foundation all the time, my skin problems are probably being exacerbated. I believe I have a sensitivity to silicones, even though they are said to be non-comedogenic. I have been trying cut them out, and foundation was the one thing I was finding it difficult to find.
Enter priori mineral foundation. This product appealed to me for a few reasons. Firstly, I trust this brand! I think it's a quality brand (which also doesn't test on animals), and am surprised many people don't know about it! Secondly, it is mineral foundation with the added benefit of coffeeberry. I've used the Priori coffeeberry night cream and it's fab :) my skin looks glowy when I use it!
I bought colour number 1. I am a MAC NW20 for reference. I have noticed slight oxidation with this product, but it is slight oxidation.
When I first applied the product, I worried it wasn't going to give me the coverage that I need. However I continued to use more and it is definitely buildable! I would say you can easily get to medium/full coverage by applying more. I have red acne marks and uneven skin tone and it covered these perfectly!
I use a kabuki brush and swirl it around in the cup and then really work it into my skin in circular motions. I find applying little by little works best!
On to the results. Well let me just say, I'm impressed!! And I'm not easily impressed! It provides all the coverage I need (albeit I use a decent amount), it doesn't feel cakey to me (it did slightly at first, but the feeling dissipates) and I think it makes my skin look great! It looks glowy and fresh... like my own skin, but much, MUCH better! I'm so surprised because I honestly expected to hate mineral foundation! The only gripe I have is that the pores on my nose look slightly bigger with this on. This is not the fault of the product though, and I'd expect this is the case with any mineral foundation. The rest of my skin looks so good with this on, so it's a small price to pay :) I also feel so much better using a product that is good for my skin! Maybe using this product, as opposed to heavy foundation all the time, will help my skin become less problematic! I am hopeful :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like this mineral powder, I like the company behind it also. The product itself is very good, I find my skin gets better using it. I have tzone oily skin so I still use a primer but I find I need very little powder to get a nice natural glow:) the SPF is a bonus, definitely recommend especially for those with sensitive skin

on 9/24/2011 6:46:00 PM

I love this mineral foundation! I have tried a lot of the expensive brands (Jane Iredale, BM, Glominerals), and this is by far my favorite. The color selection is not great, but I buy 1 and 2 and combine them for the perfect shade. I don't understand other people's comments about this not being a foundation--I feel like it provides very adequate coverage (not too much, not too little). You could definitely build it if you want to (I apply more during the day), but it looks best lightly applied--gives off a warm shimmery effect. The packaging is my only real complaint: it is tricky to get the damn lid off, and I don't like the way it disperses with the lid on (plus, I like to mix it as mentioned). It is expensive, but it has quality ingredients. I feel good putting this on my skin.

on 8/10/2011 10:48:00 PM

I have had this for a week now and I absolutely love it! It gives the most beautiful finish. I don't usually like powder/mineral foundations because I don't like the powdery look, but this goes on so smooth and blends in perfectly.

My beautician did my face with the whole range (foundation, concealer, bronzer and finishing powder) and I was instantly sold on it, but I could only afford the foundation to start with. The range is quite expensive at AUD $70 for each product, but with the small amound you need it will last for ages.

The foundation comes with a cute mini kabuki brush with synthetic taklon bristles. It's super soft and excellent to blend with. I was warned about keeping the container in a cool place (below 40 celsius) and away from direct sunlight, because the type of plastic used ('plant plastics') may melt and you won't be able to get the lid open.

The foundation works best if you have a good exfoliating and moisturising routine, as I noticed it tends to highlight any dry patches. I will be buying the concealer on my next visit.