Priori Coffeeberry Perfecting Minerals Foundation SPF 25

Filtered by age: 36-43
 Priori Coffeeberry Perfecting Minerals Foundation SPF 25
Priori Coffeeberry Perfecting Minerals Foundation SPF 25Priori Coffeeberry Perfecting Minerals Foundation SPF 25Priori Coffeeberry Perfecting Minerals Foundation SPF 25Priori Coffeeberry Perfecting Minerals Foundation SPF 25

Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide - 20%....Sunscreen

Skin: Combination, Deep Dark, Not Sure

Unlike most of the reviewers so far for this foundation, I am an older woman of 46 and I am Afro-Caribbean. I purchased this in colour 6. I wear Bare Minerals Original In Medium Deep, Mac studio fix in NW47 and BlackUp CC in HC10 and Nars All Day Luminous in New Guinea 5. That hopefully, gives an idea of my colouring.
My skin is dry on my forehead and cheeks, open pores on cheeks and nose and I have hyper pigmentation around the outer edges of my face but not the T zone. I also shine within 2 hours wearing any foundation never mind the quality.
I like medium to full coverage but hate a heavy cakey feel. I must admit I am a foundation junkie and even when I think I've found a fantastic, I still continue to look for other products to try.
These days I am into a lighter look that still covers my pigmentation, easy to apply and will hold back on the shine for at least 4-5 hours. The shove part if my criteria seems to be impossible.
My views on the Priori
I ordered the number 6. Although the picture shows shade on a very dark skinned woman, the powder colour looked as if it could be applied to a medium dark skin colour. I was right. The colour matched my skin colour perfectly. There was no demarcation from face to neck and I didn't even blend heavily.
The powder is very finely milled more so than Bare Miberals. It applied very easily on my skin to give a creamy dewy natural appearance.
I would say for best coverage and lasting power I would use a primer. I use Mally Perfect Prep Primer which is my HG primer.
The coverage was excellent and covered all my blemishes easily.
The product comes with a small good quality kabuki brush which is great for a small make up bag.
It held back my shibe for about 3 hours, di comparable to my high end oil free liquid foundations.
What is really good about the product is that I applied a little more product on my face to remove the shine, and it does not look cakey and heavy. Other foundations I nornally have to use a setting powder or Bare Minerals finishing veil. I don't use a setting powder with the priori foundation.
The foundation has red/orange undertones which others have remarked upon. This, however works well for me as I have very yellow undertones. It therefore balanced skin tone out perfectly.
I'm one of those women when having a hot flush, my face starts to itch/ react to the foundation. I have had no such problem with this product. It actually feels really gentle. They claim that it us beneficial to your skin. I can't give testament to that claim, but I can say that it is gentle enough to sleep in and not cause any adverse reactions to skin.
My only negative on this product was that only about 4 holes were punched out for dispensing. No where near enough. I had to puncture at least 5 more holes.
But this is the only foundation In my huge collection that I have finished and bought another one. In fact I bought 2 more as I found a site that sold it for 17 rather than 27. Great offer.
I've been using the foundation fairly regularly for over a year and I am only now nearly finishing the container.
Great product and in my top 3 of foundations. It us the foundation I reach for automatically every morning.
Value wise even at the full price I think it is very good value.
Great coverage
Excellent colour
Has SPF that doesn't give an ashy White sheen
Long lasting
Ok oil control
Gentle on skin
Plenty of product for the money.
Nice Kabuki brush

Cons
Not enough holes punctured in plastic lid.

on 11/16/2012 8:48:00 PM

I've used Glominerals, Bare Escentuals and Colorescience, among other mineral powder foundations, and this one is most finely milled as far as I can tell. Allure magazine recommended this product because it has coffeeberry, which is one of the most potent antioxidants out there.

I have dry, sensitive, rosacea prone skin and it's hard to find a powder that has SPF AND doesn't make my skin look too dry. My skin feels really smooth after application. So far so good!

Color: I'm using number 2, which is recommended for Asian skin tones (I'm fairly light-skinned). Yes, I can see the orange in the color that others have mentioned, but it doesn't look like that on my skin after blending.

I'll have to keep using it to see if it has any longer-term anti-aging hydrating or redness-reducing effects, as promised.

Coverage: I like very light coverage, and this seems pretty light. They say that you can build it up if you want more though. I'm using the Priori brush, which seems to work better than other brushes I've used in the past (Kabuki brush). I tried the concealer in the store, but it looked kind of dark. There's only one color choice for concealer, so I didn't buy it.

on 9/28/2012 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I initially bought this product about a year and a half ago. I still have some left! It is very light in feel, texture, yet does a decent job of covering. For any zits or dark spots I use Colorstay blemish concealer. My skin condition has improved, and I feel its due to the antioxidant coffeeberry. My pores are finer and skin looks more refined. I love the SPF, but I do wear a light sunscreen prior to putting this on for extra protection, as I am fair skinned. It is pricey, at approx $60, but I would buy it again.

on 9/9/2012 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Have used this mineral make up for over a year and I get so many complements on my skin. I love this stuff - I don't find that it enhances fine lines (but I use a fair amount of moisturizers).. it lasts me a long time too I highly recommend.

on 1/7/2012 5:46:00 PM

I've tried every mineral makeup out there and so far, this is the best. According to the science behind it, it "feeds" your skin. Hey, nothing wrong with that! But that's not why I bought it. I was already using the skincare and my skin was so much better so it was a no-brainer. If you get the wrong color, take it back. I also use the concealer which surprised me with ti's non chalky appearance. I also get Priori peels from the esthetician which have helped tremendously.

on 6/14/2011 1:39:00 PM

I bought this because I saw it recommended in a magazine (I believe it was Allure) and because coffeeberry is touted as so good for the skin. The website I bought it from has no product reviews, so I was buying on blind faith. At $44.60, I really wish I hadnt. First, it comes in a range of 6 colors, and I bought #1, the lightest. It looks fairly dark, but in actuality, it provides so little coverage that the color seems not to be much of an issue. Unfortunately, the coverage is not really buildable like it is with other powder foundations (actually, my only other experience was with Bare Minerals). I have tried buffing on more and more, attempting to achieve more coverage, and have found that all of my skin imperfections are still perfectly visible, yet I look sort of chalky and unhealthy. It does not matter if I use an illuminating primer under itthe results are still exactly the same.