Wet 'n' Wild Silk Finish lipsticks

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have Ready to Swoon, which is a slightly sheer, slightly shimmery, very orange-toned deep coral nude. It's the perfect "subdued retro" shade for my pale, warm-toned complexion. The formula is impeccable - it's creamy, non-drying, and lasts until I eat or take it off. It has a light (and wonderful) blackberry scent. I love the modern look of the tube, although it's a challenge to get the cap lined up exactly right for closure. For ~US$1, however, I can deal.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love these! My fave is Java (MAC Velvet Teddy dupe), Fuschia w blue pearl (MAC show orchid dupe), A Short Affair, & Will You Be With Me. I thought I had all of the shades but maybe my kroger may be missing a couple of colors coz I see a few empty slots. These (& LA Colors) are seriously good for a buck. Under a buck!! These are seriously as good as Revlon or Loreal for a fraction of the price, wish they'd come out w a few more nice nude colors. But loooovvvveeee!! The MegaSlicks are my fave DS lipglosses too. Really gr8 stuff! It boggles the mind that there are lipsticks I've paid $ for & are good but really I think if wnw updated some of their colors (they don't really have a heap of nude or conservative colors like what you think of for Clinique or EL or Chanel), not sure why they keep a lot of their colors when they are a bit outdated & unappealing to those consumers, if they got some softer colors w less shimmer they could totally run the gamut of the DS. I'm looking for more MLBB, Rose, or Nude shades. You just have to take a risk I think. U may have to sacrifice a small French fries but I've found a heap of good wnw lipsticks in this way! What, i just bought 1 of ev 1 they had 1 day!

To Read all 23 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Ok so I wasn't expecting much, especially since their eyeshadows suck. I normally buy mostly high end makeup. But I wanted to try W&W for giggles. I must say I'm pleasantly surprised.

I picked the colour cashmere. It's a beautiful frosty/bronzy rich medium brown.
Super pigmented in one swipe. It's a beautiful stark contrast on my pale white skin!

Now what I love is even without a liner, it stays on flippin all day, almost, and when I eat, I expected it to be a mess, it stayed right in place. Yes it slightly faded but what do you expect? It looked really good still.

Now what sold me was the formula, didn't dry my lips one bit or make them uncomfortable in any way (usually a problem with me and lipstick).

For 99 cents?? This has to be a joke, I must buy all the other ones now!!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have several shades of this lipstick and it is my all-time favorite. I just discovered it at the grocery store (69 cents! LOL) last Fall and ran back to get more colors. This is the first winter that I have gotten through without chapped lips, as this lipstick is so protective, and yet it feels like it's not even there. I dislike the feel of lipstick, so this is great for me. Also, the colors are richly pigmented and last for hours and hours. I will buy this as long as they keep making it!

on 7/27/2015 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I got a couple of these for 30c each may be with coupon at walgreens.I wanted to try new colors and didnt want to spend a lot,which was good because most colors i got were frosty or had shimmer and i hate both finishes.
The only color i saved is mink brown.It is very pigmented&creamy.I might get few more but only after confirming which shades are cream finishes or hop to the megalast ones.

on 7/27/2015 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

As the MUAer Blueberryfrost noted, Wet n Wild revamped their Silk Finish lipstick line. The tubes are currently black. Wet N Wild recently released a few new shades. My only gripe about WnW is they don't make many "pale-friendly" lippies. Also....shimmer. Nobody needs their granny lips highlighted.

Maybe when I have a spray tan on I could use the other shades. But for the time being, I found 2 shades acceptable for my pale skin.

A Short Affair - Very light mauve. It is a pink with a purple undertone but not quite lilac. I *LOVE* this color! The only con is it has shimmer in it. I will say that the shimmer doesn't completely ruin the color for me as the particles are quite small. The pigmentation is somewhat sheerer than the rest of the WnW lippies I've tried. To be fair though, it is a very light color. WnW may have made it sheer in order to avoid that dreaded chalk effect some pale colors give.

Will You Be With Me? - Medium mauve. This is a gorgeous color, although it's at my limit for how dark/bright I will go with a lip color. I'm sure on the average light-medium skintone this would come off as a light mauve. This is a creme formula with 0 shimmer. The pigmentation in this one was wonderful!

Last power was pretty great on these. Both formulas were very balmy and moisturizing. I have chronic dry lips and found these up to par with some of my higher end moisturizing lippies. In the past I have avoided lipsticks after a few dried my lips out further. But I've found that is completely dependent on the formula.

I will repurchase.

Wet n Wild recently revamped their Silk Finish lipsticks, gone are the silver tubes and they are now replaced with black plastic tubes. I have used Silk Finish for years so I was curious to see if the formula changed as well.

It did.

The old ones had a very slick texture, very creamy and glossy. Kind of like Revlon Shine lipsticks. The lasting power on the old Silk Finish wasn't so great because of the slick, light texture, although I love how moisturizing they were.

The new ones feel more like your standard lipstick, thicker and more substantial. Because of that, the lasting power is way better now. I'm really impressed that a 99cent lipstick lasts as long as a more expensive lipstick. They last a few hours now. They still have the faint berry scent the old ones did, I like it but it fades quickly.

Okay, so the shades I have of the revamped line are:

Blind Date - gorgeous purple berry. This is one of the new colors. Reminds me sorta of the Sugar Plum Fairy shade in the megalast line.

Blushing Bali - peachy pink. Slight shimmer. Super pretty and wearable for every day.

Light Berry Frost - bright raspberry pink frost. This shade is so fun and reminds me of the 80s in the best way.

Will You Be With Me? - nude baby pink. What a weird name for a lipstick lol. It reminds me of Mac Angel in a way, I hesitate to call it a dupe but it has the same pale pink feel to it. EDIT: This is too cool toned to be an Angel dupe. I change what I originally said since wearing it a few more times... I think this is actually closer to Snob. A cool-leaning pink with a lavender touch. Cream, not shimmery or frosty. Great shade.

And I have a ton of the older line, most of these I think are still around: Dark Pink Frost (my favorite! Mauve pink with gorgeous gold frost), Dark Wine (gorgeous berry wine creme), Light Beige Frost (similar to Blushing Bali, great everyday peachy pink shade), Nouveau Pink (hot pink creme), Pink Ice (frosty pink), Retro Pink (pepto bismol pink), Sunset Peach (shimmery peach). I'm pretty sure I have more but that's all I can remember.

Anyway, yeah, these 99cents lipsticks are great. You can't beat them for that price, especially since they often go on sale for around 69-89 cents. What can you even buy for 69 cents anymore these days?

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I just bought this in the very pretty shade Sunset Peach yesterday,but it's a very greasy formula and it's really more like a lip gloss than a lipstick.LA Colors makes a much better 1 $ lipstick that has vitamin E and aloe and it does get slightly drying after an hour but it says on for hours and isn't greasy and thinner like Silk Finish lipstick.

on 5/12/2015 12:36:00 AM

I love love these lipsticks. At least, in the new sleek black packaging...Im not sure if the formula is also different but I feel like it lasts much longer on my lips than the lippies in the old packaging. These leave a slight stain behind so they wear very evenly and don't leave a huge ring around the outside of my lips like some lipsticks do.

I have a few colors but the one I like most is "will you be with me?" In the tube it looks like a medium nudish pink but on my lips its a pretty medium blue toned-fushia pink (its hard to describe, Im not the best at it!) I like it but it is a lot brighter than I was expecting it to be, (definitely not nude)!

I really wish wet n wild could make prettier, more modern shades in this line because I would wear them religiously if they did...I feel like pretty much all of the shades are very 80s looking (bright or really frosty and not very natural or wearable for every day) and the "will you be with me?" shade is the most wearable modern color I could find.

Please WnW make more wearable shades in these, especially in the pinks!!!!!!

Pros
-great color pay off
-non drying on my lips
-lasts a long time (even through eating/drinking)
-wears evenly

cons
-not a very good color selection for every day wearable shades
- the fragrance is a little meh, not great if you are sensitive to perfumes in makeup. I would prefer unscented...

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I bought this at Rexall (Toronto, CA) for only about $1.49 on sale in 503C 'Will You Be With Me" a light-ish pink w/ little bit of mauve undertone which is really out of my comfort zone as I've got dark(er) skin. I'm Indian so have a light-med brown skin w/ red undertones. The receptionist at my work said she really liked it on me (she's used to me in browny-pinky nudes or maybe the odd purple), I told her I was nervous that it would look whack on me or too Nicky Minaj (hey she's beautiful but has her own style), but she thought it looked nice b/c it is so different on me if that makes any sense. My Mom liked it too, so does my BF, I like it a lot but just getting used to the look...Ok, as for wear, it's smooth, creamy, feels nice and light on the lips and lasts an amazingly long time! I feel I don't need a gloss or balm prior either. The only thing that confuses me is that it leaves a fuchsia type stain on my lips hrs after it wares off. I woke up this morning w/ pink fuchsia-eque lips yet NO lipstick actually on. Weird?! Has anyone else experienced this w/ these? The stain (color) isn't even near the color of the stick. That's the only reason I took off a lippie. Other then that, great steal & I will purchase more.