Estée Lauder Time Zone Night [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by hair type : Straight

3.5

Water / Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacylapidate-2 / HDI\PPG\Polycaprolactone Crosspolymer / Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil / Glycerin / Caprylic\Capric Triglyceride / C12-20 Acid PEG-8 Ester / Dimethicone / Butylene Glycol / Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Sterols / Acetyl Glucosamine / Helianthus Annus (Sunflower) Seedcake / Caffeine / Trehalose / Sigesbeckia Orientalis (St. Pauls Wort) Extract / Olea Europea (Olive) Fruit Extract / Polygonum Cuspidatum Root Extract / Rhodochrosite Extract / Centaurium Erythraea (Centaury) Extract / Yeast Extract\Faex\Extrait de Levure / Triticum Vulgare (Wheat Bran) Extract / Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract\Extrait DOrge / Sapindus Mukurossi Fruit Extract / Saccharide Isomerate / Laminaria Saccharina Extract / Sodium PCA / Caesalpina Spinosa Gum / Argania Spinosa Leaf Extract / Acetyl Hexapeptide-8 / Adenosine phosphate / Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract / Tamarindus Indica Seed Extract / Hydrolyzed Rice Extract / Linoleic Acid / Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract / Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract / Selaginella Tamariscina (Spike Moss) Extract / Behenyl Alcohol / Linolenic Acid / Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract / Padina Pavonica Thallus Extract / Larix Sibirica Wood Extract / Nordihydroguaiaretic Acid / Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine) Peel Extract / Hyaluronic Acid / Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Juice Extract / Phytantriol / Cholesterol / Ethylbisiminomethylguaiacol Manganese Chloride / Sodium Hyaluronate / Glyceryl Stearate / Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate\VP Copolymer / Cetyl Alcohol / Propylene Glycol Dicaprate / Potassium Cetyl Phosphate / Carbomer / Acrylates\C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer / PEG-100 Stearate / Silica / Xanthan Gum / Sodium Carbomer / Potassium Sulfate / Cyclodextrin / Caprylyl Glycol / Fragance (Parfum) /Phenoxyethanol / Red 33 (CI 17200) / Blue 1 (CI 42090)

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

WIN! A little background on my skin: it has periods of extreme oiliness (like fry up bacon on my face oily) and dessert dry. After dealing with a bout of extreme dryness around the chin and temples of my forehead, I decided it was time to invest in an effective night time cream (Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation wasn't providing enough night time moisture). I can't exactly tell you how long I've been using it, but so far I'm about half way through the pot. Within the first week of using this moisturizer, my dry patches were gone. From then on I've noticed a considerable difference in the plumpness and texture of my skin. The cream feels luxurious and doesn't leave me feeling oily or heavy. My face completely absorbs the product. I only use it at night time (over a 5% aqueous base benzoyl perxoide) and there is no balling up. I also use it on top of my eyelids and underneath, it doesn't cause stinging or irritation on those delicate parts of my skin. There is definitely a lavendar fragrance, but I don't mind it at all. My skin is highly reactive to new products (read angry red pimple explosion) but this moisturizer hasn't made me break out at all. It's a jar packaging, although a pump would be convenient, I can live with it. The perks of a jar include being able to scrap out the very last bit of product. It's a very pretty jar though, a gold cap with a pretty deep blue shade container. Despite the steep price tag, i WOULD purchase this again. I love it and now only save the Ole Henriksen Sheer transformation for my day time moisturizer.
Edit 10//25/13--- Bought the newer version of this and on my 3rd jar... still lovin' it. I don't notice any difference between the old and new version other than the price. Would still repurchase!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Okay I hate to drag down the wonderful rating here. But I really don't like this night-cream!

My ex-boyfriend purchased this night-cream for me earlier, I had a high hope for it. Because according from the cosmetic cop, Paula Begoun, this cream contain excellent ingredients, anti-oxidants, cell communication ingredients etc.

However, I found a lot of Paula's pick products made my skin extremely "dry!!" (Except EL's wonderful advance night repair and Shiseido's Bio-Performance Eye-cream)

I first use this cream in the harsh winter around Jan.2012, and it totally dry-out my skin. The texture IS THICK, but don't think thick means moisturizing... in fact I had to put on a ridiculous amount on my face or else I will wake up with dry-peel face. Now its April and this cream still doesn't work out at all. My skin become very very rough and dry thanks to Time-Zone Night. Even with constant exfoliate it doesn't help either! *Might have to go with Paula's BHA or AHA product if my dry-sensitive and acne prone skin can take those*

I really want to love this cream, I trusted Estee Lauder and Lancome skincared the most, but a lot of Estee Lauder cream aren't moisture enough for me! (While Paula are always raving about EL product ingredients.... such as perfectionist Cplus that's the worse, dryest serum I ever tried beside from the EL's pore-refine and whitening serum) I've also tried Hydrationist Lotion *again... from Paula's raving list but it totally dry me out, I need more hydration then those!*

I've tried to add foundation in this cream, so I am using it as tinted moisturizer in "day-time"! And its still pretty dry! *If I wear this before my foundation, its going to make my foundation VERY CAKEY!!*

I rate this product 2 for its good ingredients. Unfortunately this product doesn't suit my skin-type! Its probably good for the hot summer time, but I'm still not willing to risk it. Will not repurchase it.