Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

Filtered by skin tone : Medium Brown
Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

3.8

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I just bought this for the 2nd time (after trying it a couple yrs back). I like it a lot. It makes my lashes a little thicker than the regular Falsies, but not as long. However, my lashes are a little longer than average, but they're thin as heck. I actually have spaces, so not a nice thick fringe at all unfortunately... W/ out mascara on you can't even see my lashes! That being said, I really like this formula. It delivers nice volume indeed. It also curls my lashes, or rather keeps them curled in a natural (not bent) kind of way. I think it's b/c of the shape of the brush. I've got large almond shaped eyes, so the brush is perfect for reaching the ends. I like that it's buildable too. It can get clumpy if you apply 3 coats, but the volume is excellent. I need mascaras that are on the clumpy side tho for my few lashes lol. Only draw back is, my lashes feel dry and a little crunchy w/ it on.

on 6/9/2015 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Ok so maybe it doesn't give the false eye affect and maybe it can be flakey ,On some days, and a little dry but it is very good for lengthening, is not wet, and is (a little) voluminous but I'm going to be honest and say that I hate it more than I like it. So 60% hate 40% like but only because it is called falsies (and it really isn't false lash affect) and because when I first opened it it was the perfect mascara and did look like false lashes but the day after was completely flakey .

on 4/9/2015 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

One of my favourite mascaras ever! It really does give good length and volume. I'm not a fan of wearing false lashes so I bought this as the alternative and I got a nice, fluttery effect. It really did open up my eyes. The formula is also good (not too wet or dry), it didn't flake nor did it clump. A winner all-round, really. Will definitely be repurchasing!

on 6/23/2013 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

I bought this in Spring Break, I traveled to Puerto Rico and in my hotel found I forgot to bring mascara! OH NO! I went to Walmart the next day and was looking at the huge range and drifted over to the Maybelline section. I like some of Maybelline mascaras : The Rocket, One by One. So I decided to get this one. I remembered my friend use this mascara. But the original one and I did not realize I got the non waterproof (i prefer waterproof to hold a curl in my crazy straight lashes and to not melt off) and that it was 'flared' (?) I was shocked by the smell of this mascara. It is disgusting. It's like rose water and the longer you own this mascara, the stronger the smell. The wand is very big and curved and in the beginning I hated this mascara. It didn't hold a curl at all, but it did give a lot of volume and crazy length. I kept it a little longer and if I curl my lashes before AND after my lashes are super voluminous and long and CURLED. I do have to keep curling my lashes because this is a very thick heavy wet formula. I will not buy this again, and I heard great reviews on the Original but I'm in love with The Rocket at the moment and I love trying out new mascaras so I wouldnt think about picking this up. I will use this up though because it was around $7 at the Walmart I picked it up.

on 9/11/2011 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Eh... this was just an okay product. I don't want to talk it down, since it IS a mascara and did what mascara does; made your lashes look a bit more. But it didn't do what it promised. I didn't get the flase lash look, even after almost five minutes of layering. Not one of my better investments... won't be revisiting this. I did, however, like the packaging, very nice :) The brush was too big and chunky for me, and it didn't do much for my lashes, as stated before. Do what you will, it might work better for other people...

Update: Okay, maybe it's just me, but this mascara got a lot better after a week? Now it actually IS giving me a false lash/flared look! So, scratch what I said above, it's a great mascara! Just need to give it some time! Oh, and it's amazing if you use NYC City Curls over it, looks very curled without the curler!