Maybelline New York Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

Filtered by skin tone : Dark
Maybelline New York Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

3.8

AQUA/WATER, ORYZA SATIVA CERA/RICE BRAN WAX, COPERNICIA CERIFERA CERA/CARNAUBA WAX, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, CERA ALBA/BEESWAX, STYRENE/ACRYLATES/AMMONIUM METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, CANDELILLA CERA/CANDELILLA WAX, GLYCERIN, SYNTHETIC BEESWAX, ACACIA SENEGAL/ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, CETYL ALCOHOL, SILICA, PANTOTHENOL, PHENETHYL ALCOHOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, POLYETHYLENE, SODIUM LAURETH-12 SULFATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, PEG/PPG-17/18 DIMETHICONE SIMETHICONE, ARGININE, SERINE, GLUTAMIC ACID, POTASSIUM SORBATE, TRISODIUM EDTA, METHYLPARABEN, 2-OLEAMIDO-1,3-OCTADECANEDIOL, PROPYLPARABEN, RAYON. [ /- MAY CONTAIN: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/IRON OXIDES, CI 77007/ULTRAMARINES, CI 77891/TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, CI 77288/CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289/CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN, CI 77742/MANGANESE VIOLET, CI 77510/FERRIC FERROCYANIDE], F.I.L. D46284/2.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I absolutely love this stuff. It is a dry and light weight formula and it makes my lashes look very long. it is not make them look like falsies per say.
i got this for $4, a great price!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

If you want a mascara that can double as an eyeliner by the end of the day, then get this.

This smudged WAY too much on my eyes. Topping that, it didn't do anything to them. The only way i knew I was wearing mascara was at the end of the day, when it smudged around my eyes and made me look like I put eyeliner on.

It's a 'no', in my book.

on 7/16/2013 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Ya know? I'm not really a fan. I love the original falsies but not this mess. The brush does produce an intense curl but the regular falsies indeed gives me a false eyelash look so I will be sticking with it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool

I love this Mascara, my current Favourite, HG DS Mascara...I currently have 10 backups of this...with my initial coat this thing lengthens like no other mascara I have tried. I just LOVE it...makes my lashes look incredibly long, lush and separated to the point where I don't need any other accents on my eyes...sans eyeliner, eyeshadow ect...its ALL I need on my eyes to add depth and drama.

on 4/5/2012 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

This gave my lashes volume and flare despite a few clumps that I worked out. I'm sure the impact would have been even more profound if I'd taken the time to curl my lashes. I wouldn't purchase this again simply because there are so many more mascaras I'd like to try.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I love this mascara! It is now my go-to everyday mascara. Of course it isn't going to give you the look of false lashes (commercials always lie) but it is very dramatic. It lengthens and thickens very well. I really love the curve of the brush too. I will be repurchasing again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I'm kinda......eh about this product. I like Maybelline mascaras, and Full 'n' Soft and The Falsies are my go-to mascaras for natural and dramatic looks, respectively. However, I just can't get with this Falsies Flared. On my (average length and thickness) lashes, it basically acts like an old tube of Falsies, even when new -- it has a tendency to clump and flake excessively. It's hard to work with and requires a lot of time to look decent. I've been using my tube up by layering one (!) coat over Full 'n' Soft, but I will not repurchase. Going back to plain old Falsies for my dramatic looks.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Mabelline's Volum'Express Mascara (very black) really insinuates my thick, long eyelashes. Ladies and Gents what I recommend before using a volumizing and/or lengthening mascara is to first use a conditioning mascara which is very healthy for your lashes (e.g. Neutrogena's Volumizing Mascara- absolutely amazing, will bring out each eye lash strand. Neutrogena's Nourishing Eyeliner also glides on and gives definition more than any other eyeliner I've tried). I then finish it off with Mabyelline's Volum'Express Mascara- this way you can avoid clumping and you'll have an overall natural look to your lashes. Revlon's Volumizing Mascara is also awesome if you would like to avoid clumping at all, but I love Mabelline's Volum-Express too because it adds curl definition to my lashes and the brush really bends like a spoon as you're applying your mascara. As far as removing my mascara, I use Mary Kay's Oil-free Make Up Remover which is very gentle on the eyes and lashes. I hope this review helps.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I liked this mascara. It gave dramatic lashes and was easy to take off. My only complaint is it flakes from use after awhile.

on 11/21/2011 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I found it really wet and that it took forever to dry but now after it's had some air, it's my HG mascara and I reach for it everyday. It holds a curl and gives some pretty good length.