Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

2.8

AQUA/WATER, ORYZA SATIVA CERA/RICE BRAN WAX, COPERNICIA CERIFERA CERA/CARNAUBA WAX, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, CERA ALBA/BEESWAX, STYRENE/ACRYLATES/AMMONIUM METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, CANDELILLA CERA/CANDELILLA WAX, GLYCERIN, SYNTHETIC BEESWAX, ACACIA SENEGAL/ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, CETYL ALCOHOL, SILICA, PANTOTHENOL, PHENETHYL ALCOHOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, POLYETHYLENE, SODIUM LAURETH-12 SULFATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, PEG/PPG-17/18 DIMETHICONE SIMETHICONE, ARGININE, SERINE, GLUTAMIC ACID, POTASSIUM SORBATE, TRISODIUM EDTA, METHYLPARABEN, 2-OLEAMIDO-1,3-OCTADECANEDIOL, PROPYLPARABEN, RAYON. [ /- MAY CONTAIN: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/IRON OXIDES, CI 77007/ULTRAMARINES, CI 77891/TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, CI 77288/CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289/CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN, CI 77742/MANGANESE VIOLET, CI 77510/FERRIC FERROCYANIDE], F.I.L. D46284/2.

on 5/10/2015 2:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This product started out good and now I really dislike it. The mascara really irritated my eyes. Although it does give some significance in making your lashes have volume and length, I feel for me it wasn't worth it as I picked it all off by the end of the day.
I would have to put on a few layers for it to do something.

It was sooo clumpy and so flakey and gave my lashes that kind of spider-legish look.
Not good! Wouldn't purchase this maybelline product again.

I would highly recommend using the Eye of Horus mascara, as a more natural but still lengthening and volumizing mascara to use.

on 4/1/2015 7:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I purchased this product for the first time about four or five years ago and I thought it was amazing. It left no clumps and lasted a long time! I lost the mascara and a recently I had bought myself a new one. Unfortunately, the product was not like it was when I bought it the first time. It was really clumpy and just overall horrible! I would not recommend this product at all!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Kinky, Fine

I think this mascara is best used with another lengthening mascara, and perhaps also a primer. It does tend to flake a little, and smudges a tad, but this is still one of my favorite mascaras because it consistently delivers that over-the-top dolly eye look that I've dedicated my life to chasing.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

It's alright. It does smudge often and leaves a lot of flakes. I always have to wipe the flakes with my fingers twice a day because they flake so much. They don't even curl my lashes with a curler, probably only the tip ends. 2.9 out of 5

I really like this mascara although its nothing super special to me. I have pretty long, thick, dark lashes but they are a trouble to curl and go straight down. This mascara I was worried to use after pulling out the brush that looked pretty scattered and like it would be easy to clump which I am a total no for. This mascara did hold up my curl really well even though it could have done a better job and separated them really well! It's a pretty wet consistancy which is okay with me. I also have a problem with just layering and layering mascara, but this is not a problem for me! It doesn't leave huge clumps and even though it says voumizing I see more of length and defining. It hasn't smudged on me and I would buy it again!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Bought this without properly consulting MUA....needed a mascara, was overwhelmed, took my chances. I wanted to find something a little cheaper than my go-to, L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes.I like thick lashes and thought the brush would deliver, especially since I like curved brushes, but nope. Falsies? Apparently the name refers to its false claims, and not to any similarity to false lashes. Oh and it flakes. And the worst part: the smell! Like when a pen explodes or when red wine goes bad. I can smell it for a long time after I apply it. Might have to return to Beauty Tubes for a few extra bucks.

on 5/13/2013 10:42:00 AM

Gives long looking lashes. Does not really add a ton of volume.

on 2/24/2013 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

the formula was really dry. gave decent volume to my lashes but clumped a lot. the brush is too big and unwieldy for my stumpy Asian lashes. to it's credit, i haven't experienced the flaking other people have. definitely not the mascara for me.

on 11/12/2012 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

this mascara is awful!!! i got it because i was just giving a cheapie a go. its rubbish. i have short straight and thin lashes. this made my lashes stick together and super clumpy. didnt curl or add much volume at all. back to dior show, bobbi brown and YSL i go

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

tested this on one eye vs maybelline mega plush on the other. read my review if you want to hear about that, but I'll review falsies flared here as well. it does open your eye up, and flares at the end if you want it to. but I want thick thick thick lashes and what this does is it coats every lash in a triangular way, so from afar you see many lashes, and when it's dried you do feel every seperated lash. has great curl if you're looking for that. was hard to apply evenly on the bottoms. also falsies flared should be called falsies flakes. flakes and flakes and flakes from this mascara. I really hate that. mega plush has 0 fallout. mega plush may beat lash blast as my favorite mascara. :) falsies flared is definitely never going to be used by me again. there are three versions of falsies, I tried the flared obviously, I actually would like to try the thickening version. there's like an image of a net on it. so interested! but falsies flared is out of here. also when I cried, ALL of this mascara disappeared. and that is the correct word! because I didn't even realize until I was finished cleaning my face. maybelline is just trying to make money on random crapscaras like this. get mega plush if you want heavy from thickness lashes. ironically, falsies flared looks pretty natural to me.