Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

3.1

on 11/11/2014 6:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I've used most of the Colossal Volum' Express range, but this is my absolute least favorite. I love the BRUSH...absolutely LOVE the brush!

I have short but curly lashes. This mascara goes on well enough, but it it takes LOADS of applications to get the Falsie look.
I have to put on at least 5 coats before I see the length and volume. By that time, it's flaking...

Won't lie - first time I used this, I got 2 compliments on my lashes (that's big for me. I never get comp'd on lashes, ever!)
Sadly, that day has never repeated itself. I have to put on loads and loads of mascara before i get my desired look. I often fail...but knowing i have something on it ok i guess.

I wouldn't buy this again. I actually ended up using this brush with another colossal mascara!
My favorite from this range is Cat Eye. A definite must try for anyone loving the brushes!!

on 8/24/2013 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Long story short, I am not a fan of this mascara. I love trying new mascaras and I understand that mascaras work differently on people. I have medium length, naturally curly Asian eyelashes (I know, strange for my people).

One of the reasons why I do not like this mascara is because it clumps, it does a poor job of separating my lashes. Not really easy to layer either, dries too fast. This mascara also flakes rather quickly which is a shame, I'd rather not spend most of my day wiping under my eyes. For it being not waterproof, this mascara does not wash off easily. You definitely need to use eye makeup remover (I'm lazy, I like for my mascara to rinse off magically with warm water and plus, I hardly wear any other eye makeup).

I personally would not buy this again, but seems like there are quite a few fans of this mascara out there. And if it doesn't work for you, at least it will be a cheap mistake :).

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Love this mascara. My favorite from the drug store. I have short asian eyelashes that grow straight down and this mascara keeps the curl all day and gives great length. However, does not give as much volume as I'd like but it's definitely buildable. However, when reapplying, I don't recommend you let it dry completely. Overall, great product. Been using this in the waterproof form for several months.

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

This used to be my go-to mascara. I used it for many photoshoots. But that was about the point where the usefulness ended. This isn't really an all-day kind of deal. Sure it looked great at first. I was able to build up some pretty dramatic length and volume. But after a couple hours, the volume is totally gone and it starts flaking off. You could keep reapplying it but then you get really clumpy lashes. Some girls like that. I dunno. This was probably the first product I used with a stylized brush. I liked the swoopy curve, Great coverage with that, I was very impressed. But that's a common feature now. I think I probably would have had better luck with the waterproof version, but both times I went to buy this stuff I couldn't find it. Probably because the packaging is all so similar!!! Last time I went to look at the display of this, there were at least six different very slight variations in packaging that made absolutely no sense whatsoever!!! I despise Maybelline's packaging!!! Ugh. Never again. I hated having the fallout from this mascara all over my face for just a couple hours of beautiful lashes. Constantly running to check it and reapply is not my thing. If the company made it easier to distinguish between the different kinds, I'd give them a try. But for now, I'm done. Not going to buy again.

I expected too much on thus product. It helps curl my lashes but let it go into weird directions. Also, the formula smells weird. Only gives a bit of volume.

on 2/24/2013 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

the formula was really dry. gave decent volume to my lashes but clumped a lot. the brush is too big and unwieldy for my stumpy Asian lashes. to it's credit, i haven't experienced the flaking other people have. definitely not the mascara for me.

on 11/12/2012 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

this mascara is awful!!! i got it because i was just giving a cheapie a go. its rubbish. i have short straight and thin lashes. this made my lashes stick together and super clumpy. didnt curl or add much volume at all. back to dior show, bobbi brown and YSL i go

on 9/24/2012 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I tried Maybelline's Falsies last year but didn't like the formulation. Gave it another shot this year by trying out Falsies Flared and I still don't like it. Formula dries too fast, flakes by mid-day, and the wand is tricky to use.

on 8/11/2012 4:15:00 PM

Really disappointing. My lashes didn't look flared at all - they didn't even stay curled when I put it on. The brush isn't easy to use either. It clumped, smudged, and didn't lengthen my lashes. Waste of money.

well first the brush is nice. its kinda different from the original falsies, its wider towards the handle but its easy to maneuver around the eyes.
It does give volume quite decently and it lengthens as well.
But the thing about maybelline volumizing mascaras are they kinda leave little balls? at the tip of your lashes.
So those could like flake throughout the day. I have noticed that sometimes on days when i put too much i have flakes of mascara on my cheek.
but i does do a decent job of giving volume and not too bad with length either.
It doesn't quite hold curl though which is very important for me.
But overall its just okay. and maybe ill give it another try later.