Maybelline New York Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

Filtered by hair type : Relaxed
Maybelline New York Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

3.6

AQUA/WATER, ORYZA SATIVA CERA/RICE BRAN WAX, COPERNICIA CERIFERA CERA/CARNAUBA WAX, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, CERA ALBA/BEESWAX, STYRENE/ACRYLATES/AMMONIUM METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, CANDELILLA CERA/CANDELILLA WAX, GLYCERIN, SYNTHETIC BEESWAX, ACACIA SENEGAL/ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, CETYL ALCOHOL, SILICA, PANTOTHENOL, PHENETHYL ALCOHOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, POLYETHYLENE, SODIUM LAURETH-12 SULFATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, PEG/PPG-17/18 DIMETHICONE SIMETHICONE, ARGININE, SERINE, GLUTAMIC ACID, POTASSIUM SORBATE, TRISODIUM EDTA, METHYLPARABEN, 2-OLEAMIDO-1,3-OCTADECANEDIOL, PROPYLPARABEN, RAYON. [ /- MAY CONTAIN: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/IRON OXIDES, CI 77007/ULTRAMARINES, CI 77891/TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, CI 77288/CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289/CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN, CI 77742/MANGANESE VIOLET, CI 77510/FERRIC FERROCYANIDE], F.I.L. D46284/2.

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

I didn't hate this product but isn't anything special either. The more I used it the more I liked it however I wouldn't say I liked the mascara. Considering the wand it didn't curl my lashes at all and I found the formula weighed them down. In the beginning I found it to be very clumpy but the longer I had it I worked out how many coats to apply and how to move the wand through my lashes to prevent clumping. It gave a bit of volume and a bit of length but nothing to spectacular. Overall I didn't hate it but I wouldn't rush out and repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other

ok, there's a lot of mixed reviews about this mascara so i decided to try it for myself. for me, it's pretty average. my 1st problem is there's no stopper (or maybe there is but it's not a good one) which leaves a lot of product on the wand which then causes the clumping in the first place. if Maybelline provides a good stopper for this mascara, this would be the bomb!

PROS:
+adds volume
+adds a little bit of length
+dark pigment

CONS:
-flakes
-clumps
-doesn't have a good stopper
-doesn't make my lashes look "flared"

on 4/5/2012 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

This gave my lashes volume and flare despite a few clumps that I worked out. I'm sure the impact would have been even more profound if I'd taken the time to curl my lashes. I wouldn't purchase this again simply because there are so many more mascaras I'd like to try.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Pros:
Aweome price
Dry formula
Makes my lashes more look long and full

Cons:
Nothing I can think of =]

I dono why everyone here hates it so much, but it's perfect for my thin asian lashes. With thin lashes, you have to find a dry formula, which is hard to find in drug store brands, but I finally found one! It's amazing and cheap too! It really does make my lashes flared and look full! Of course it doesn't work as well as the really expensive stuff, but this is perfect for me.

A lot of people like the waterproof version of it more, but I didn't notice the difference other than it is REALLY SUPER waterproof.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I liked this mascara. It gave dramatic lashes and was easy to take off. My only complaint is it flakes from use after awhile.

on 9/11/2011 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

WATERPROOF VERSION REVIEW. Does what it says it does. It makes your lashes look lush, long and curled. However it flakes and clumps. I had to use a dry old brush to get the clumps out. Maybe this is because it is the waterproof version? Will not purchase again. I prefer Rimmel's.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

i have the non waterproof version, it stays on my lashes during the day and it's very easy to wash off, didn't irritate my eyes. It looks good on my eyes, i figured if u put another coat when it's completely dry, it will clumps. So I did it really fast and I tried not to twist the brush. i guess my lashes are always long (not very full), they just look like mascara lashes, a little bit fuller, doesn't look like falsies. Overall, it's a decent mascara, no clumps or smudges, easy to take off, stay nice all day. But i found lashes came off more often when i use this :(