Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

2.3

on 11/11/2014 6:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I've used most of the Colossal Volum' Express range, but this is my absolute least favorite. I love the BRUSH...absolutely LOVE the brush!

I have short but curly lashes. This mascara goes on well enough, but it it takes LOADS of applications to get the Falsie look.
I have to put on at least 5 coats before I see the length and volume. By that time, it's flaking...

Won't lie - first time I used this, I got 2 compliments on my lashes (that's big for me. I never get comp'd on lashes, ever!)
Sadly, that day has never repeated itself. I have to put on loads and loads of mascara before i get my desired look. I often fail...but knowing i have something on it ok i guess.

I wouldn't buy this again. I actually ended up using this brush with another colossal mascara!
My favorite from this range is Cat Eye. A definite must try for anyone loving the brushes!!

on 10/8/2014 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I tried this mascara because the store I was shopping at didn't have Voluminus Butterfly by Loreal (which is actually my favorite and you can read my review on it) and I actually had to stop using it after about a month. It clumps and flakes TERRIBLY. If I was out in the humidity it started depositing underneath my eyes which is not a good look, especially since I already have dark circle problems. I don't think the bristles on the brush are long enough either. My eyes also felt irritated when I wore it (probably from the flaking). I would not recommend this.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Kinky, Fine

I think this mascara is best used with another lengthening mascara, and perhaps also a primer. It does tend to flake a little, and smudges a tad, but this is still one of my favorite mascaras because it consistently delivers that over-the-top dolly eye look that I've dedicated my life to chasing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I'm kinda......eh about this product. I like Maybelline mascaras, and Full 'n' Soft and The Falsies are my go-to mascaras for natural and dramatic looks, respectively. However, I just can't get with this Falsies Flared. On my (average length and thickness) lashes, it basically acts like an old tube of Falsies, even when new -- it has a tendency to clump and flake excessively. It's hard to work with and requires a lot of time to look decent. I've been using my tube up by layering one (!) coat over Full 'n' Soft, but I will not repurchase. Going back to plain old Falsies for my dramatic looks.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I bought this on a whim because I needed some mascara. My friend uses the regular falsies and loves it. I saw this and the "flared" part caught my eye, so I bought it.

No bueno!!!

Oh the flakes!! This stuff flakes on me like nobody's business. I've had it on an hour and I am already brushing flakes off my face! I will not be repurchasing. Don't waste your money ladies and gentlemen!

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I am a huge fan of the Falsies mascara! So when I saw that they had a new one that claimed to give you that "flared, false lash look" I decided to give it a go. In my opinion there isn't really a difference in this and the original. It's great of course but the only difference is the brush is a little curved. So I'm sure if you use a certain technique you may be able to achieve said look, but I'm sure you can do the same with the regular 'ol Falsies. There just isn't a significant difference between the two so I'll just stick to the original.