Maybelline New York Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Maybelline New York Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

3.4

AQUA/WATER, ORYZA SATIVA CERA/RICE BRAN WAX, COPERNICIA CERIFERA CERA/CARNAUBA WAX, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, CERA ALBA/BEESWAX, STYRENE/ACRYLATES/AMMONIUM METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, CANDELILLA CERA/CANDELILLA WAX, GLYCERIN, SYNTHETIC BEESWAX, ACACIA SENEGAL/ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, CETYL ALCOHOL, SILICA, PANTOTHENOL, PHENETHYL ALCOHOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, POLYETHYLENE, SODIUM LAURETH-12 SULFATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, PEG/PPG-17/18 DIMETHICONE SIMETHICONE, ARGININE, SERINE, GLUTAMIC ACID, POTASSIUM SORBATE, TRISODIUM EDTA, METHYLPARABEN, 2-OLEAMIDO-1,3-OCTADECANEDIOL, PROPYLPARABEN, RAYON. [ /- MAY CONTAIN: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/IRON OXIDES, CI 77007/ULTRAMARINES, CI 77891/TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, CI 77288/CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289/CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN, CI 77742/MANGANESE VIOLET, CI 77510/FERRIC FERROCYANIDE], F.I.L. D46284/2.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I like it, it makes my lashes look incredibly long and curled and gorgeous! I have gotten quite a few compliments on my lashes so I am very impressed. I have never used the Maybelline Falsies(original) before so I would like to try that as I am pleased with this one.
I have seen a few other reviews talking about the flaking of the mascara, I have not noticed anything so far but if it would start to flake I would keep the brush and use a different mascara with a better formula.

on 4/9/2015 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

One of my favourite mascaras ever! It really does give good length and volume. I'm not a fan of wearing false lashes so I bought this as the alternative and I got a nice, fluttery effect. It really did open up my eyes. The formula is also good (not too wet or dry), it didn't flake nor did it clump. A winner all-round, really. Will definitely be repurchasing!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

If you want a mascara that can double as an eyeliner by the end of the day, then get this.

This smudged WAY too much on my eyes. Topping that, it didn't do anything to them. The only way i knew I was wearing mascara was at the end of the day, when it smudged around my eyes and made me look like I put eyeliner on.

It's a 'no', in my book.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is the best mascara! I've always trusted Maybelline's makeup products, especially mascara. This works really well for me and it doesn't streak while I sweat. (I am a dancer and dance 30ish hours a week)
I love it! I have short eyelashes too and it makes me look like a baby doll. ☺️

on 10/26/2013 6:46:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've been using this mascara for quite a few months now and it's my favorite yet. I normally don't go crazy over mascaras but, I just adore this one. It makes my lashes look think and long and since I wipe away the excess product I don't have any problems with clumps. I have gotten a few clumps lately, but I believe that is because it is time to but a new tube.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Absolute LOVE- this is without a doubt my HG mascara! I was blessed with naturally long lashes, so it's really easy for me to see if a mascara lives up to its claims or not. This is absolutely fabulous, I cannot tell you how many times I've been asked if I was wearing fake lashes while wearing this mascara. Since I've been working with it for so long, I've developed a technique while applying it. First, I take the 'spoon' shaped side and apply everywhere, then, focusing on the 'flare' of my lashes, I flip the wand over so it's a 'reverse spoon' shape and use the tip area of the wand to apply the product there until my outer lashes are noticeably flared; finally, with the wand still in 'reverse spoon' shape, I apply everywhere to give my lashes some luscious volume. I'm telling you, this baby works beautifully, you just need to know how to use it. Also, after seeing the reviews on how the formula is 'watery' and makes lashes 'clump', listen to this: Every time I purchase a new mascara, I always take the wand out and dab/wipe it onto a napkin to take the excess product off; I repeat this 2 to 4 times (since this is a more watery formula, I usually do it 4 times with this one). Doing this makes the formula more tacky when sticking to the wand and during application (no wetness! no clumps!). Since I've always done this process with every mascara I've newly purchased (thanks, Michelle Phan!), I've never experienced the wetness and clumping that people are referring to, so I'm certain that doing this would solve that problem! Give it another try if you didn't have a good experience with it, this mascara is fantastic!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I absolutely love this mascara. It gives fantastic volume and my eyelashes are ten times more noticeable (my eyelashes are thin, curly, and long, but lack length). I always go back to this mascara. I've tried many different mascaras, but I always come back to this one. It's easy to operate with a brush wand. I would recommend this to anyone.

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is an ok mascara, but I found it quite clumpy. I don't use it anymore as I've found that other mascaras work better for what I want (definition without clumps).

on 1/28/2013 4:44:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

While I really dislike the "Falsies" (regular one) and "Falsies Black Drama" they both do nothing for my lashes just like the misnamed "Great Lash" mascara from Maybelline, I really really LOVE The Falsies Flared. I bought it because it was on special for $5.99 and I was pleasantly suprised. It gives great volume, some length (but I prefer volume) and it does not clump, so great definition too. Okay towards the end of the 3 months I do get "mascara dandruff" on my lower lid but not a lot and not enough so that I wouldn't repurchase.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Fantastic drugstore mascara. Definetly my fave one by Maybelline (I have a few others). This is the one I find myself reaching for quite often. It doesn't give me racoon eyes, it's easy to apply. Because the brush is bends in all the right places. You can basically shape your lashes up and out with this brush. It doesn't exactly make them flare or fan out but it didn't give me stick straight lashes either. i wasn't expecting flared out feathery lashes like the models have in the Maybelline ads. It gives me volume but is only mediocre for length. My lashes are long to begin with but this did help increase the curl and volume in my straight lashes when I curled them.
This mascara is easily buildable, too. I can apply more than 2 coats and it looks dramatic enough without looking like a drag queen. It's a drier mascara (which I like) and holds the curl very well, even after having it on for more than 8 hours it's still holding the curl. No flakes, minimal fall out.
It does have a slight smell (like roses?) but it didn't aggrevate my sensitive eyes.I really wish companies would do away with having a scent to their mascaras!? whats the point!??
I had purchashed the Falsies satin black mascara before and decided to buy this one instead after the satin black one dried out quickly. I have to say I like this version a lot better.
I find myself reaching for this mascara when I need to add a bit of volume/ drama to regular mascaras.
It didn't give me false looking lashes but it sure beats a lot of the more expensive brands I have tried that claim to give the false look -- Benefit's They're Real.

If you just want a mascara that is easy to apply and gives you volume, hold and curl without spending tons of money, give this one a try. You may become addicted to the Volum Express mascaras like I have!