Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

3.2

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I just bought this for the 2nd time (after trying it a couple yrs back). I like it a lot. It makes my lashes a little thicker than the regular Falsies, but not as long. However, my lashes are a little longer than average, but they're thin as heck. I actually have spaces, so not a nice thick fringe at all unfortunately... W/ out mascara on you can't even see my lashes! That being said, I really like this formula. It delivers nice volume indeed. It also curls my lashes, or rather keeps them curled in a natural (not bent) kind of way. I think it's b/c of the shape of the brush. I've got large almond shaped eyes, so the brush is perfect for reaching the ends. I like that it's buildable too. It can get clumpy if you apply 3 coats, but the volume is excellent. I need mascaras that are on the clumpy side tho for my few lashes lol. Only draw back is, my lashes feel dry and a little crunchy w/ it on.

I purchased this mascara on Saturday and I wore it once so this is a buy and try. I purchased it on sale 2 for $12 at CVS. I purchased the Maybelline Volume Express the falsies flared waterproof in black. Here is the thing the claims are false eyelashes and if you normally like natural eyelashes this will give you false eyelashes . But I normally like false eyelashes every day so this is more of an everyday look. I like the packaging it is not bulky it travels well. It doesn't have a weird smell, it doesn't make my eyes water , it holds a curl and it does give you a lot of volume. Also there are many different looks for false eyelashes . I like a mascara to give me volume, length, separation , fullness and to hold a curl and to not flake, I do think I have high standards for a waterproof mascara and I will say that this mascara passed the test I would like more length and volume for and event mascara but for me this is great for everyday . I also think this mascara is definitely buildable if you want to take it to the max of what this mascara can do. I will also say when do apply a few coats of mascara it can get clumpy but that is with any mascara and I'm talking 4 or 5 coats so. I will say if you want a good everyday mascara and you like an every day false lash look this will be a great one to try or if you are looking for a false lash effect mascara for an event I also think you will like it. I think it is meant to be an every day false lash mascara but can be worn as an event mascara by curling your lashes, piling it on or pairing it with a lengthening mascara. All in all I think it is worth a buy an try also the brush is a curved natural bristle brush with a lot of bristles. It is a thick wet formula as well and the mascara is pigmented. So I like it a lot don't love it but I think in time I just might love it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

It is really flaky and clumpy. It crumbles off of your lashes not long after you apply it. It really sucks as a mascara haha. I was disappointing as it is kind of expensive to pay for something that you don't like and will never use again. It's not a good mascara, the Maybelline mega plush mascara is soo much better.

on 11/3/2015 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This mascara was a disappointment. I remember loving the original Falsies. I have short sparse lashes and it made my lashes clumpy, and it also made them stick together. There wasn't a lot of volume and length, and the brush was too big for my small eyelashes. However once it started to dry in the tube, I found that it just worked better and it would do what it was suppose to do. I don't know if it was that the formula was just too wet for my lashes or that the formula is better when it's a little dry? When it was dryer it would brush through my lashes pretty evenly and then it would give me volume. Overall I wouldn't repurchase this mascara.

on 7/24/2015 6:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This works as a great mascara, but there is no 'flare' effect. It's a great one to define lashes, volumise them, and make them noticeable. No clumping. Consistency and texture towards the drier side. Wand is fibre bristles, and curved shape makes application easier.

on 5/18/2015 1:04:00 PM

This stuff clumps my eyelashes so bad! I used a couple of times and returned it. I hate the wand it's too flexible and the brush is too large and awkward. This was just a fail as most maybelline mascara a are for me.

on 4/1/2015 7:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I purchased this product for the first time about four or five years ago and I thought it was amazing. It left no clumps and lasted a long time! I lost the mascara and a recently I had bought myself a new one. Unfortunately, the product was not like it was when I bought it the first time. It was really clumpy and just overall horrible! I would not recommend this product at all!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

LOVE this mascara! Amazing product, been using this and They're Real and find I keep reaching for falsies flared instead!

Great product for an AMAZING price!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I just used up my first tube of this mascara so I thought it would be appropriate to review it right about now!
I really liked this mascara, it was perfect for everyday wear. I think what I loved about it most was the brush... I found that using the fat side of the brush on the upper lashes and using the thin side on the bottom lashes works best (at least for me). The formula is not overly wet or dry, it's just a really nice consistency which means theres no trouble with smudging or anything like that when applying. The only thing I didn't really like about this mascara was that it wouldn't hold the curl in my lashes - but that may just be because of my lashes (I might try the waterproof version next time). Apart from that, this mascara is great and I would definitely repurchase it. But, then again, I haven't tried the original Falsies mascara so I might have to give that a go first and compare the two.
Overall, would recommend!

on 10/9/2013 8:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm not a big fan. It does what it's supposed to do, lengthens my lashes, is really black and has a useable wand. But, I think it is really really clumpy, to much product comes of (so no, or a bad, stopper) meaning you have to wipe the wand and when I smelled it, it reeked. Apparently I'm not the only one with a smelly one so I suppose it is meant to smell like that, I know you can't smell your lashes but after a while I smell my mascaras to see if they're still good, but this one smelled bad from the beginning...
I'm definitely not repurchasing.