Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

2.3

on 7/16/2013 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Ya know? I'm not really a fan. I love the original falsies but not this mess. The brush does produce an intense curl but the regular falsies indeed gives me a false eyelash look so I will be sticking with it.

on 6/23/2013 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

I bought this in Spring Break, I traveled to Puerto Rico and in my hotel found I forgot to bring mascara! OH NO! I went to Walmart the next day and was looking at the huge range and drifted over to the Maybelline section. I like some of Maybelline mascaras : The Rocket, One by One. So I decided to get this one. I remembered my friend use this mascara. But the original one and I did not realize I got the non waterproof (i prefer waterproof to hold a curl in my crazy straight lashes and to not melt off) and that it was 'flared' (?) I was shocked by the smell of this mascara. It is disgusting. It's like rose water and the longer you own this mascara, the stronger the smell. The wand is very big and curved and in the beginning I hated this mascara. It didn't hold a curl at all, but it did give a lot of volume and crazy length. I kept it a little longer and if I curl my lashes before AND after my lashes are super voluminous and long and CURLED. I do have to keep curling my lashes because this is a very thick heavy wet formula. I will not buy this again, and I heard great reviews on the Original but I'm in love with The Rocket at the moment and I love trying out new mascaras so I wouldnt think about picking this up. I will use this up though because it was around $7 at the Walmart I picked it up.

on 2/24/2013 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

the formula was really dry. gave decent volume to my lashes but clumped a lot. the brush is too big and unwieldy for my stumpy Asian lashes. to it's credit, i haven't experienced the flaking other people have. definitely not the mascara for me.

on 12/11/2012 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I like the brush applicator in this mascara; however I dont think it fits well with the formula. The formula seems to cause major clumping and smells horrendous. I have a few lashes that are just growing in, and this mascara does not blend them in, only makes the short lashes more noticeable. Dont let the clever marketing of this product fool you!

on 5/13/2012 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I tried this alongside the original Falsies formula. Both gave me decent lashes with one coat, but since my lashes are somewhat long and full to begin with, I wasn't amazed. Two coats can lead to a bit of clumping and stiffness. This formula is more volumizing than the original, so I will say that it at least looks a bit softer with multiple coats, even if it doesn't feel softer. I'm also not a fan of the scent--it's slightly perfumed, like roses or something floral. It's really not necessary in something I'm putting on my eyelashes. This isn't a bad product, but there are mascaras I prefer, so I probably won't come back to this one. It is, however, worth a shot, and I don't regret the purchase.

on 1/26/2012 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I don't see many flakes, well maybe a few, but my main issue is that it clumps (even my fiance pointed out my lashes were clumped) and leaves me with the raccoon ring on my lids. I'm oily but use a primer and still get black rings. I also find this difficult to remove with my regular facial cleanser gel. Ugh, no thank you Maybelline!

on 9/11/2011 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

WATERPROOF VERSION REVIEW. Does what it says it does. It makes your lashes look lush, long and curled. However it flakes and clumps. I had to use a dry old brush to get the clumps out. Maybe this is because it is the waterproof version? Will not purchase again. I prefer Rimmel's.