Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

3.5

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I absolutely love this stuff. It is a dry and light weight formula and it makes my lashes look very long. it is not make them look like falsies per say.
i got this for $4, a great price!

on 6/29/2015 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have always been a fan of Maybelline mascaras, especially the "volum' express" line, so I thought I'd give this a try. It wasn't pricey at all as I got it at Walmart for $4.96 CDN, so I ended up buying it as well as other mascaras from the same line (because why not?).
So since I am a huge fan of the original Maybelline The Falsies, as I said before, I would try this.
The packaging is around the same as the regular Falsies mascara tube, that same purple colour and shape. Only this has silver accents on the tube and pictures of wings, symbolizing that your lashes will apparently look like fluttery, wing-like masterpieces.
Anyway, the wand has roughly the same style as the regular Falsies mascara, the same spikey, bristles on a curved brush. Except, instead of being a convex AND concave side, there's only a convex side, and the other side is just flat. Like a flat topped spoon, pretty much.
So when it was time to apply mascara after doing my regular makeup routine, I was a bit hesitant. Not only was this different to what I regularly use (the Falsies or The Rocket), but the one I got wasn't waterproof. I normally use waterproof, but since I heard that it ruins your lashes, I stopped. So I had high hopes for this mascara to hold a curl on my normally straight, flat, and downward growing lashes. By the time I started sweeping this on, I have to say, it did a pretty decent job at holding a curl for a non-waterproof version. I was impressed by it. Also, it did an okay job at separating my sparse, thin lashes. That's where the good part ends. With a heavy heart, I say that's probably the best it did on me.
I was expecting so much more. It absolutely did not thicken or add any volume to my lashes and it made them feel crunchy, like I had a bunch of dry grass as my eyelashes. Also, the ends/tips of my lashes were not fluttery, and ended up looking like spider legs with clumpy messes on the ends. No matter how much I brushed through and combed the wand through to try and rid of the clumps, MORE would appear!
So, the pros are that it held the curl and added separation, but he cons are that it clumped up and added no volume.
Overall, I don't think I'll ever buy this again, but I'm glad people out there still like it because Maybelline would not keep selling it otherwise. This product is just not for me.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I HATE this mascara. It made my lashes clumpy and it looked awfully flaky. Do not buy this product. I like the big brush but overall I hate this product. It doesn't coat your lashes very well at all and it makes your lashes sticky and ugly. I wouldn't recommend at all.

P.S. If you are deciding between the normal falsies and the falsies flared, you might as well get the normal falsies mascara, that one is way better than this crap.

on 6/9/2015 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Ok so maybe it doesn't give the false eye affect and maybe it can be flakey ,On some days, and a little dry but it is very good for lengthening, is not wet, and is (a little) voluminous but I'm going to be honest and say that I hate it more than I like it. So 60% hate 40% like but only because it is called falsies (and it really isn't false lash affect) and because when I first opened it it was the perfect mascara and did look like false lashes but the day after was completely flakey .

on 2/10/2015 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

All it does is clump your lashes, and didn't volumize or add length at all. The worst mascara I've ever tried, and that's saying a lot because I've tried every mascara out there.

on 11/11/2014 6:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I've used most of the Colossal Volum' Express range, but this is my absolute least favorite. I love the BRUSH...absolutely LOVE the brush!

I have short but curly lashes. This mascara goes on well enough, but it it takes LOADS of applications to get the Falsie look.
I have to put on at least 5 coats before I see the length and volume. By that time, it's flaking...

Won't lie - first time I used this, I got 2 compliments on my lashes (that's big for me. I never get comp'd on lashes, ever!)
Sadly, that day has never repeated itself. I have to put on loads and loads of mascara before i get my desired look. I often fail...but knowing i have something on it ok i guess.

I wouldn't buy this again. I actually ended up using this brush with another colossal mascara!
My favorite from this range is Cat Eye. A definite must try for anyone loving the brushes!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I just used up my first tube of this mascara so I thought it would be appropriate to review it right about now!
I really liked this mascara, it was perfect for everyday wear. I think what I loved about it most was the brush... I found that using the fat side of the brush on the upper lashes and using the thin side on the bottom lashes works best (at least for me). The formula is not overly wet or dry, it's just a really nice consistency which means theres no trouble with smudging or anything like that when applying. The only thing I didn't really like about this mascara was that it wouldn't hold the curl in my lashes - but that may just be because of my lashes (I might try the waterproof version next time). Apart from that, this mascara is great and I would definitely repurchase it. But, then again, I haven't tried the original Falsies mascara so I might have to give that a go first and compare the two.
Overall, would recommend!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

It's alright. It does smudge often and leaves a lot of flakes. I always have to wipe the flakes with my fingers twice a day because they flake so much. They don't even curl my lashes with a curler, probably only the tip ends. 2.9 out of 5

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this mascara! Something to try if you haven't yet

on 8/24/2013 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Long story short, I am not a fan of this mascara. I love trying new mascaras and I understand that mascaras work differently on people. I have medium length, naturally curly Asian eyelashes (I know, strange for my people).

One of the reasons why I do not like this mascara is because it clumps, it does a poor job of separating my lashes. Not really easy to layer either, dries too fast. This mascara also flakes rather quickly which is a shame, I'd rather not spend most of my day wiping under my eyes. For it being not waterproof, this mascara does not wash off easily. You definitely need to use eye makeup remover (I'm lazy, I like for my mascara to rinse off magically with warm water and plus, I hardly wear any other eye makeup).

I personally would not buy this again, but seems like there are quite a few fans of this mascara out there. And if it doesn't work for you, at least it will be a cheap mistake :).