Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

3.0

on 11/3/2015 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This mascara was a disappointment. I remember loving the original Falsies. I have short sparse lashes and it made my lashes clumpy, and it also made them stick together. There wasn't a lot of volume and length, and the brush was too big for my small eyelashes. However once it started to dry in the tube, I found that it just worked better and it would do what it was suppose to do. I don't know if it was that the formula was just too wet for my lashes or that the formula is better when it's a little dry? When it was dryer it would brush through my lashes pretty evenly and then it would give me volume. Overall I wouldn't repurchase this mascara.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

A not too bad mascara, that dries out quickly. My lashes look nice after using, but it really isn't special. I wouldn't buy it again.

This stuff is wonderful! Makes my lashes fluttery and makes my eyes look bigger I love it. I have repurchased twice and never regretted it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this mascara!! I get zero flaking and zero smudging, and I can just get the greatest effect with it! Super volumizing, great lengthening, holds a curl, and the brush is great for not getting mascara on my eyelids (I use a ton of layers, so maybe that's why it works so well for me when others aren't a fan?)! My only complaint is that I find that it dries out my eyelashes in a way that wetter mascaras don't, so I normally use it over top of a mascara that doesn't dry out my eyelashes as much.
The effect that it gives my eyelashes is actually almost similar to Tarte Lights Camera Lashes mascara, in my opinion. The formula just feels very similar, and I can get a very similar look with them. Seems like a dupe to me!

on 8/11/2013 2:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Maybelline Falsies Flared is my HG mascara. I have always used Lancome mascaras and really liked Hypnose and Hypnose Drama. The problem with Hypnose Drama is too much comes out and before it dries in gets on your eyelid above the lashline and below the bottom lashes. So it takes some effort to take off from around your eye once you put it on.

I tried Falsies flared on a whim....I usually only buy Prestige cosmetics. I was shocked and how incredible this mascara is. Just the right amount comes out on the brush as your applying it to your lashes. I usually use one coat, but when I want extra oomph I apply two coats.

I love this one so much that I have three Lancome Hypnose Dramas that I have gotten as gifts that are still unopened!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I hated this product! Way to watery!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other

ok, there's a lot of mixed reviews about this mascara so i decided to try it for myself. for me, it's pretty average. my 1st problem is there's no stopper (or maybe there is but it's not a good one) which leaves a lot of product on the wand which then causes the clumping in the first place. if Maybelline provides a good stopper for this mascara, this would be the bomb!

PROS:
+adds volume
+adds a little bit of length
+dark pigment

CONS:
-flakes
-clumps
-doesn't have a good stopper
-doesn't make my lashes look "flared"

on 6/25/2013 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I did not expect to like this mascara at all because I have hated every single one of the "volume express" mascaras that I have tried. Though I bought it anyway, because I love mascara and think that I have to try them all. It isn't anything spectacular or amazing, but it is a good mascara. I think it supplies a decent amount of volume and length, and it actually does "flare" my lashes out a bit as well. I think it does a great job, it is definitely one of the better mascaras that I have tried.

on 6/24/2013 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

LOVE love loveeee! Definitely my favorite mascara at the moment. I have gone through so many tubes of this. The real secret to this mascara I find, is it to let it dry up just a bit as the formula is too wet at first. It Gives me some awesome looking lashes after just one coat. I like the wand as it is a bit curved so it fits the shape of my eye well and it is also bendy for easy application. I'm only giving 4 lippies due to the fact that its best after it dries up a bit. Added photo for a better idea of how lashes will look!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Bought this without properly consulting MUA....needed a mascara, was overwhelmed, took my chances. I wanted to find something a little cheaper than my go-to, L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes.I like thick lashes and thought the brush would deliver, especially since I like curved brushes, but nope. Falsies? Apparently the name refers to its false claims, and not to any similarity to false lashes. Oh and it flakes. And the worst part: the smell! Like when a pen explodes or when red wine goes bad. I can smell it for a long time after I apply it. Might have to return to Beauty Tubes for a few extra bucks.