Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

3.2

AQUA/WATER, ORYZA SATIVA CERA/RICE BRAN WAX, COPERNICIA CERIFERA CERA/CARNAUBA WAX, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, CERA ALBA/BEESWAX, STYRENE/ACRYLATES/AMMONIUM METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, CANDELILLA CERA/CANDELILLA WAX, GLYCERIN, SYNTHETIC BEESWAX, ACACIA SENEGAL/ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, CETYL ALCOHOL, SILICA, PANTOTHENOL, PHENETHYL ALCOHOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, POLYETHYLENE, SODIUM LAURETH-12 SULFATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, PEG/PPG-17/18 DIMETHICONE SIMETHICONE, ARGININE, SERINE, GLUTAMIC ACID, POTASSIUM SORBATE, TRISODIUM EDTA, METHYLPARABEN, 2-OLEAMIDO-1,3-OCTADECANEDIOL, PROPYLPARABEN, RAYON. [ /- MAY CONTAIN: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/IRON OXIDES, CI 77007/ULTRAMARINES, CI 77891/TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, CI 77288/CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289/CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN, CI 77742/MANGANESE VIOLET, CI 77510/FERRIC FERROCYANIDE], F.I.L. D46284/2.

The first thing I noticed was that this product had a smell... Not sure if I would classify it as good or bad. But if you have a sensitive nose, you might not want to buy this one.

I find it really doesn't do much for my lashes - not much volume nor much length.
It also leads to a lot of fall-out while applying (other mascaras don't leave anything of the sort when applying).

Durability: Seems ok, it has lasted for the times I've worn it (12-hours on average). I'm not an eye-rubber though.

Overall, I wouldn't buy this again - I've tried other pharmacy mascaras at the same price point with better results. I might actually throw this one out before I even get close to finishing it.

on 3/5/2015 3:31:00 AM

It holds curl extremely well and it doesn't smudge, but otherwise it's quite average. Not much length OR volume. Makes lashes feel stiff. You've got to be careful removing it. If you press too hard with cotton pads - can say bye bye to a good number of lashes. I recommend splashing some water on it first to soften it up, and only then go with eye makeup remover on a cotton pad. It's heavily scented. Surprisingly I kinda like the scent, but it can be described as a powdery "old makeup" type.

on 7/20/2014 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I was so excited to try this mascara out since I've been on a hunt for a new mascara but I'm sad to say that I wouldn't repurchase. Reasons why is because although it gives me insane amount of length and really dark lashes it flakes like crazy more than the loreal voluminous butterfly mascara and it also gives you very spidery lashes. Oh and also I honestly don't see how the brush helps with the fanned out look it never gave me the "flared" look. Although it has cons some of the pros is the black is really black and from far your lashes do kinda look like falsies :).But I'm definitely sticking to the butterfly mascara for now since it actually fans out my lashes and lives up to it's claims :)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I love this product! I have been searching for a really good mascara for a while now and this has what I was looking for!

Although there is only one mascara brush, you can use the curved part to start off with (I've found this gives my eyelashes really good volume), then you can use the other side of the brush to separate the lashes and lengthen them (the brush took me a little while to get used to as it does bend slightly to allow all lashes to be covered).
I have found that a lot of other mascaras tend to cause my eyelashes to clump together, but not this one! It didn't run although it did flake ever so slightly once I'd wiped my eyes (however this was only a tiny amount - barely noticeable!).

Overall, I think this is a fabulous mascara, great quality for a great price - it really does give that false lash affect! (It also smells really nice too!) I would highly recommend this product!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is the best mascara! I've always trusted Maybelline's makeup products, especially mascara. This works really well for me and it doesn't streak while I sweat. (I am a dancer and dance 30ish hours a week)
I love it! I have short eyelashes too and it makes me look like a baby doll. ☺️

on 4/5/2014 12:30:00 AM

i love this mascara, I've re bought it 3 times. I really love huge almost fake looking eyelashes. it holds the curl after i curl them pretty well and i put on a few layers without much clumping. It does flake a little after a few hours but not much. One of my all time favs.

I thought I really liked this product, but after a while of usage I have decided that I do not. After one coat it clumps pretty easily and it will only extend your lashes to a minimum. Not bad, but not the best.

on 4/1/2013 4:31:00 PM

i love this mascara totally makes my lashes look like falsies. love this!

Horrible, horrible, horrible. Super disappointed with Maybelline when it came to this product because I usually do enjoy their mascaras, but this one was just horrible.. SUPER dry and it clumps so much! My eyelashes were heavy and all stuck together by just one swipe of this stuff.. It's hard to remove and makes your eyelashes look like spider legs. I would not recommend this at all, and i'm not that picky when it comes to makeup.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this mascara on a whim when I'd run out of my usual. A friend swears by is as Tanya Burr is her walking talking makeup bible, and also loves this product..
But I hate it, and I'll tell you why. Yes, it was great for the first three weeks, the formula was nice and worked well. However, it by no means gives you a look remotely similar to false lashes. And after those few weeks the formula was quickly drying up, left flakes on my cheeks and became useless. I will not repurchase.