Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

3.4

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

This used to be my go-to mascara. I used it for many photoshoots. But that was about the point where the usefulness ended. This isn't really an all-day kind of deal. Sure it looked great at first. I was able to build up some pretty dramatic length and volume. But after a couple hours, the volume is totally gone and it starts flaking off. You could keep reapplying it but then you get really clumpy lashes. Some girls like that. I dunno. This was probably the first product I used with a stylized brush. I liked the swoopy curve, Great coverage with that, I was very impressed. But that's a common feature now. I think I probably would have had better luck with the waterproof version, but both times I went to buy this stuff I couldn't find it. Probably because the packaging is all so similar!!! Last time I went to look at the display of this, there were at least six different very slight variations in packaging that made absolutely no sense whatsoever!!! I despise Maybelline's packaging!!! Ugh. Never again. I hated having the fallout from this mascara all over my face for just a couple hours of beautiful lashes. Constantly running to check it and reapply is not my thing. If the company made it easier to distinguish between the different kinds, I'd give them a try. But for now, I'm done. Not going to buy again.

on 1/4/2013 10:23:00 PM

Couldn't get this to work for me at all. The formula was too wet when applying, so it clumped and smudged everywhere. Once it was dry it made my lashes look very spidery and stuck together, and after a few hours of wear it started flaking in my eyes. I didn't like the brush, either.

Pros: I love the mascara it makes my eyelashes look very full and full of volume. When I layer the mascara it does not clump at all! It layers pretty nicely and the more I layer the more I get the false lash effect. I am very lazy and always skip curling my lashes, and with this mascara I don't need to curl them because I get a curled effect. Love it!

Cons:It flakes sometimes when applying it so I have to just brush it off with my powder brush. Throughout the day I also notice some flaking. It is also not very lasting because by the end of the day, my lashes do not look as curled as they did when first applied.
For more product reviews please visit flakaliciouss.blogspot.com

on 9/19/2012 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

So many flakes. Its also hard for me to add another layer because of all the flakes. They get in my eye and its Burns ALOT! this didn't happen with my classic volume express. This also clumps a lot. My lashes are already naturally curly and its difficult to apply mascara. The bush does a good job at making application s bit easier. But the burning sensation i got from this was just too irritating. I also don't like how the bush applies top much product. I have to wipe off alot of the side but i feel like it just makes the mascara dry faster. Its really sad because i like how my lashes look with this....

on 4/3/2012 2:24:00 PM

This is my new everyday mascara FOREVER!

Went from L'Oreal Lash Out to Bobbi Brown Party Mascara to Maybelline Volume Express, until I found this one, that is!

My cousin had this on during the holidays & I literally thought she was wearing strip lashes b/c her lashes looked so amazing.

Tried it for myself & while you always have to let a mascara "thicken" for about a week when you first start using it before it really does the trick, this mascara does wonders for my eyes.

I take the wand out once, go back & forth between each side 3 times while they're still wet, then dip it in once again & give a final layer to each side & my lashes look amazing.

I wear black liquid liner, but work at a conservative job, so while I like that retro look, strip lashes for day would be way too much for me. This mascara gives me the best of both worlds - retro glam for every day...

on 11/23/2011 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this mascara . My favorite is still este lauder and chanel but as far drugstore goes this is the best one so far. It gives curl leghth and the black color is nice.

on 10/15/2011 5:22:00 PM

I bought this mascara after having a great experience using Maybelline's "Colossal" mascara, but I was left underwhelmed with their "Falsies Flared". It darkens and lengthens my lashes just a tad bit, but it adds little to no volume and definitely cannot hold curl like it promises without the aid of an eyelash curler.

There are better drugstore mascaras you could buy for the same price, I wouldn't recommend choosing this one!

on 7/5/2011 6:53:00 PM

I really like this mascara! The original Falsies is my favorite night time mascara because you can build lots of volume and length. This mascara gives me a good amount of volume and length but is still appropriate for day time wear. It hold my curl perfectly. I don't really see much of a flare effect but I curl my lashes everyday regardless so they're almost always flared with any mascara. Maybelline Mascaras are by far my favorite!