Maybelline New York Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

Maybelline New York Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

3.2

AQUA/WATER, ORYZA SATIVA CERA/RICE BRAN WAX, COPERNICIA CERIFERA CERA/CARNAUBA WAX, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, CERA ALBA/BEESWAX, STYRENE/ACRYLATES/AMMONIUM METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, CANDELILLA CERA/CANDELILLA WAX, GLYCERIN, SYNTHETIC BEESWAX, ACACIA SENEGAL/ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, CETYL ALCOHOL, SILICA, PANTOTHENOL, PHENETHYL ALCOHOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, POLYETHYLENE, SODIUM LAURETH-12 SULFATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, PEG/PPG-17/18 DIMETHICONE SIMETHICONE, ARGININE, SERINE, GLUTAMIC ACID, POTASSIUM SORBATE, TRISODIUM EDTA, METHYLPARABEN, 2-OLEAMIDO-1,3-OCTADECANEDIOL, PROPYLPARABEN, RAYON. [ /- MAY CONTAIN: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/IRON OXIDES, CI 77007/ULTRAMARINES, CI 77891/TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, CI 77288/CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289/CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN, CI 77742/MANGANESE VIOLET, CI 77510/FERRIC FERROCYANIDE], F.I.L. D46284/2.

on 1/21/2016 7:07:00 PM

Maybelline's first gen The Falsies was the best mascara I used from the drugstore. They keep trying to come out with different "falsies" and this didnt make the cut. The wand is similar to the Mega Plush wand which didn't do much for my lashes.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

It is really flaky and clumpy. It crumbles off of your lashes not long after you apply it. It really sucks as a mascara haha. I was disappointing as it is kind of expensive to pay for something that you don't like and will never use again. It's not a good mascara, the Maybelline mega plush mascara is soo much better.

on 7/27/2015 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is sooo close to being a HG for me, and I might edit this later if my opinion changes because I'm on the fence about my rating.

I have kind of sparse, downward pointing, average length lashes that refuse to hold a curl most of the time. It doesn't matter if I use waterproof and a lash curler. For some reason, only certain formulas seem to work to get my lashes to curl, with or without being waterproof and using a lash curler.

This mascara does curl my lashes, for the most part, and it adds a bit of length and volume. Mostly, I like it. But, sometimes only one eye will still look curled after a while and this stuff flakes like crazy on my eyes sometimes.

My issues with it don't happen every time I use it, though. Overall, I like this mascara, I have recommended it, and I would probably buy it again if I needed mascara desperately and didn't want to try something new.

I've gotten compliments on my lashes while wearing this, which is rare for me. But the flaking drives me mad when it happens.

Basically...

Pros:
Curls my lashes on its own
Adds volume
Adds a little length (not falsies length, though)
Doesn't make my lashes feel crunchy
Layers well (I've gotten 3 coats to work out if I worked quickly and combed my lashes a little)
Isn't too expensive
Lightweight formula

Cons:
Flakes A LOT (I originally said "sometimes" but after a week of use it was constant)
Starts clumping more the older it gets (I've had mine only two weeks or so and it's bad)
Does not last all day
Doesn't always hold a good curl
Sometimes I get little clumps at the tips
Sometimes it sticks my lashes together weirdly

EDIT: Ok, after using it a bit more, I've knocked it down to one lippie. The flaking issue has gotten worse, so now I have black specks all over my face within an hour of applying this stuff and it gets in my eyes horribly. I wore this the last time for most of a day and by the time I was home and ready to remove my makeup, there was barely any mascara left to remove because it had all flaked off.

I wanted to love this stuff, but I can't anymore. The weird thing is that it isn't even a very dry formula. I mean, it isn't super wet, but it's a nice consistency: not too liquid, not too dry, just how I like my mascaras. But for some reason it won't stay on my lashes.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I HATE this mascara. It made my lashes clumpy and it looked awfully flaky. Do not buy this product. I like the big brush but overall I hate this product. It doesn't coat your lashes very well at all and it makes your lashes sticky and ugly. I wouldn't recommend at all.

P.S. If you are deciding between the normal falsies and the falsies flared, you might as well get the normal falsies mascara, that one is way better than this crap.

on 5/18/2015 1:04:00 PM

This stuff clumps my eyelashes so bad! I used a couple of times and returned it. I hate the wand it's too flexible and the brush is too large and awkward. This was just a fail as most maybelline mascara a are for me.

on 9/18/2013 10:09:00 AM

Horrendous. Absolutely horrible. Clumped and made my eyelashes look shorter than they are without mascara. They made balls of clumps at the ends of my lashes. I've tried almost every drug store/walmart mascara under the sun.. Worst so far

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

It just sucks so hard. The formula is thin yet chunky on my lashes, and the wand is floppy and difficult to maneuver. I don't normally have shaky hands but they always shook when I used this P.O.S. It's listed on Ulta's website for $6.99. Thank god it was given to me for free because I would have been mad if I had paid for this garbage.

on 8/24/2013 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Long story short, I am not a fan of this mascara. I love trying new mascaras and I understand that mascaras work differently on people. I have medium length, naturally curly Asian eyelashes (I know, strange for my people).

One of the reasons why I do not like this mascara is because it clumps, it does a poor job of separating my lashes. Not really easy to layer either, dries too fast. This mascara also flakes rather quickly which is a shame, I'd rather not spend most of my day wiping under my eyes. For it being not waterproof, this mascara does not wash off easily. You definitely need to use eye makeup remover (I'm lazy, I like for my mascara to rinse off magically with warm water and plus, I hardly wear any other eye makeup).

I personally would not buy this again, but seems like there are quite a few fans of this mascara out there. And if it doesn't work for you, at least it will be a cheap mistake :).

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I hated this product! Way to watery!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Let me just begin by saying... I am very easy judging when it comes to different makeup products however, this has to be the WORST mascara I've ever tried in my life! And I have tried a good variety of different mascaras. This is so clumpy and such a dry formula, it dried in so little time that it was already flaking off before I tried to apply a second coat..

I'm not a fan of the spider lashes but I know people who like the look on them and I know a few people that can actually work it, but it looks crazy on me, and I prefer lashes that are not all clumped together or super black, and this did just that. I normally buy the blackest black of all mascaras but this was just way over the top for me. I love the regular falsies by Maybelline but the falsies flared were just horrible .