Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

3.2

This mascara is horrid. I've always hear about spider leg lashes but I've never actually seen anyone in real life have those type of lashes except for Tammie Faye Baker....but I'm talking about real life here. Well I did on wednesday morning at around 5:30 am. I saw this lady with the most fugded up lashes ever!...and she was staring right at me...in the mirror.

on 6/17/2011 12:52:00 AM

First I would like to say is the packaging, IT IS SO CUTE! I love the purple tube with all the words and band in silver, with the cute wings on the handle!.

I actually love this mascara! I'm considering this as one of my HG mascara that is in the affordable range. The falsies flared really does give you the "flared" effect as describe on the package. I had tried the original falsies and it wasn't my cup of tea sure it made my lashes look great but it clump too much! I love this falsies much better! The brush is GREAT, a lot of bristles which when I put it on it does not clump my lashes at all~, When I put one coat it would give my lashes length, voulume, and some curl, Then after the second coat I would have dramatic eyelashes! My eyelashes looks flared! I wouldnt call them look "falsies", but it looks awesome none the less. I LOVE MAYBELLINE MASCARA!

How I put it on:
1. Take the brush out by twisting it until you have finally have the whole brush out.
2. Put on my first coat on my left eye by placing it at the base of my lashes and wiggle it out to the tip.
3. put the brush back in then do the same step as No.1.
4. Put on the second coat of my left eye and put at base and wiggle it out to the tip.
5. vice versa for the right eye.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

OH! I purchase this in [Blackest Black Non-waterproof]

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

First I would like to say that I am a mascara maniac! Mascara is one cosmetic item that I will not live without. I do practice the 3mos toss mascara in the garbage mindset so I go through about 6-10mascaras a year. I have my day va va voom mascara and my night lashes rockstar mascara. I picked this mascara up at Walgreens for $8 usd.
I purchased 01 Very Black Flared. The mascara is lightly scented but nothing unbearable. It is wet but not streaky, drippy wet. The wand is fat and curved.
I have naturally long eyelashes so I only needed one coat of this mascara. One coat and WOWZER! Talk about Flared!!!! The very black color is fantastic as I only wear black mascara and the darker the better as far as I am concerned. My lashes looked amazing with just one coat. With 2 coats this mascara gave my lashes a fabulous false eyelash effect I went up to 4 coats and my lashes looked longer, thicker and flared. This is my new favourite mascara. Move over MUFE smokey lash, CG Lash Blast and Rimmel Sexy Curves there is a new sheriff in town!

I've never said this about a mascara before, but this stuff is HORRIBLE! It does separate, but it doesn't lengthen or add volume any more than any other mascara. It does have something in it that makes the ends curl up, but the REAL PROBLEM is that not all my lashes curled up, some of the tips curled in. So they were separated alright, but they looked like split ends on hair with some pointing one direction and some another. Never seen anything like it. I had it on one eye and another mascara on the other (both eyes had been curled prior to mascara) and I let it dry about an hour and then asked a few other people for their opinions and they all said the Falsies eye look bad. Some of the words they used were spidery with weird flaky ends.

Taking it off was a nightmare too. I generally wear waterproof mascara, so I think I know how to remove tough mascara properly without loosing eye lashes. I would say this was one of the hardest to remove I've seen but even worse, it came off in small flaky chunks that ended up all over my cheeks. After removing what I could, I washed my face as usual and had a heck of a time getting all those little specks off, there were even a few floating around by morning still. Never seen anything like that before.

I'm not sure of the big difference between the Falsies Flare vs. regular Falsies, especially since both are supposed to fan out and lift your lashes. I had tried the regular Falsies and thought it was decent, but did have some clumping and it wasn't an HG mascara for me or anything. I had others I liked more! After hearing good things about this one and seeing its cute packaging, I decided to give it a try. It was also a good price at Target. The brush seems to be pretty similar. I noticed right away that it does smell kind of strong. I can usually smell it even after applying for a little bit, until it dries completely. I have smelled worse mascaras though. I was immediately able to get my lashes to look great with lots of length and volume!

I usually let my lashes dry completely and then curl them (after the mascara is no longer tacky so it doesn't stick), but after doing this, I had a ton of flaking. I was pretty disappointed and it was very annoying to have flakes falling into my eyes and around my face all day. I was ready to go return the mascara. Then I decided to try skipping the curling. It worked MUCH better and I have very few to no flakes. Unfortunately I can't get as much lift and curl as when using my lash curler, but I suppose it's still more than a regular mascara.

I apply two coats on top and one on bottom and would agree that it makes my lashes look very pretty! It also works better for me to apply the second coat before the first dries completely, or else you risk flaking. If I were able to curl them with my lash curler, I get even more of the false lash look.

Overall I'd recommend this mascara, but I'll probably buy Prestige My Blackest Lashes again next time, which seems to be one of the best ones for me. This one doesn't flake if I curl my lashes after applying the mascara and I can layer on more coats even throughout the day without clumping. With Falsies Flare, I didn't seem to have an old looking tube like some buyers. When I opened the tube, the product seemed pretty normal. I have had 1-2 times when I got a clump of mascara that went onto my lashes, but it was easy to comb through.

I'm a little shocked this got such low stars. I LOVE this mascara, even more than the original Falsies. I wonder if people are using it wrong, because I did the first time, until I examined the brush. I'm not sure if they put this on the back of the package, but i'll share anyways. If you look at the brush, it's not round. It's actually flat on both sides. The top of the brush has a hump and the bottom is curved inward. To use it correctly, all you have to do is put the mascara on with the FLAT SIDE of the brush and it incredible how much of a difference it makes. I was literally saying 'Wow' at what it did and that takes a lot for me to be wowed by a product. You take the inward curved part and wiggle it down into the root of the eyelashes, then when you pull the brush up, you make sure the FLAT SIDE is the part that is on your lashes. Before I let my lashes get dry, I apply a couple more coats and it was amazing. I uploaded a picture, too. The only downside is that the mascara flakes a little bit, but that's something I can deal with. I will most definitely be purchasing this again. :)

on 11/29/2011 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I've had really good results with all the Volume Express mascaras but me being a contact lens wearer i opt for the waterproof versions. Some people say wearing waterproof makes tgeir eyelashes very brittle but removing my eye makeup with pure sweet almond oil helps condition my lashes to avoid this. Falsies flared really makes my lashes look fuller and longer with only two coats. I've used other expensive mascaras and this beats them by far. Falsies Flared is my HG mascara!!!!

on 4/7/2016 10:50:00 PM

I haven't tried a ton of mascaras but out of the ones I've tried I like this one the best. I have very fine and sparse eye lashes and this mascara makes them appear fuller and makes them longer! It doesn't flake or clump on me.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is seriously my favourite mascara ever. I've tried a lot of mascara, many many many drugstore brands including most of the L'Oreal, revlon, covergirl and other maybeline ones, makeupforever smokey, benefit they're real and badgal, dior show, and probably more that I can't recall right now! The falsies is probably the last mascara that I've spent my own money on though, and I've repurchased this too many times to count (I found NINE old mascaras in my cupboard the other day because I'm a makeup hoarder hehe). Anyways, this mascara does literally everything that I could hope a mascara should do. I'm obsessed with having big, long black lashes, but they CANNOT be clumpy or spidery looking in the slightest, as this happens so often when people try and get super long lashes. I'm a bit of a makeup perfectionist so if something doesn't look right, it makes me super frustrated and I have to either re-do it or fix it until it's the way I like it. The falsies is the only mascara that I've found that not only gives me the look that I want, but holds the look all day without and flakes or smudges at all. Flakey and smudgy mascara is THE WORST. I think it's also important to note that I spend almost all summer working outside (doing physical labour most of the day, mind you!) and also wear this mascara almost every day and it holds up great. I've also used the waterproof version of this mascara and it's great too, but I hate how hard waterproof mascara is to take off so I avoid it if I can. Anytime I've tried other mascaras in the past few years (free samples or borrowing from a friends) I've been disappointed that it never ever lives up to The Falsies. I've converted quite a few friends to this mascara too. If you've never tried it, at least give it a shot. I always get mine for around $7 which is a good price if you ask me, and I often find it on sale or can get my hands on some maybelline coupons. I will keep rebuying this till the end of time. If they ever discontinued this, I honestly don't know what I would do....

on 1/28/2013 4:44:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

While I really dislike the "Falsies" (regular one) and "Falsies Black Drama" they both do nothing for my lashes just like the misnamed "Great Lash" mascara from Maybelline, I really really LOVE The Falsies Flared. I bought it because it was on special for $5.99 and I was pleasantly suprised. It gives great volume, some length (but I prefer volume) and it does not clump, so great definition too. Okay towards the end of the 3 months I do get "mascara dandruff" on my lower lid but not a lot and not enough so that I wouldn't repurchase.