Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

3.2

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

First I would like to say that I am a mascara maniac! Mascara is one cosmetic item that I will not live without. I do practice the 3mos toss mascara in the garbage mindset so I go through about 6-10mascaras a year. I have my day va va voom mascara and my night lashes rockstar mascara. I picked this mascara up at Walgreens for $8 usd.
I purchased 01 Very Black Flared. The mascara is lightly scented but nothing unbearable. It is wet but not streaky, drippy wet. The wand is fat and curved.
I have naturally long eyelashes so I only needed one coat of this mascara. One coat and WOWZER! Talk about Flared!!!! The very black color is fantastic as I only wear black mascara and the darker the better as far as I am concerned. My lashes looked amazing with just one coat. With 2 coats this mascara gave my lashes a fabulous false eyelash effect I went up to 4 coats and my lashes looked longer, thicker and flared. This is my new favourite mascara. Move over MUFE smokey lash, CG Lash Blast and Rimmel Sexy Curves there is a new sheriff in town!

on 6/17/2011 12:52:00 AM

First I would like to say is the packaging, IT IS SO CUTE! I love the purple tube with all the words and band in silver, with the cute wings on the handle!.

I actually love this mascara! I'm considering this as one of my HG mascara that is in the affordable range. The falsies flared really does give you the "flared" effect as describe on the package. I had tried the original falsies and it wasn't my cup of tea sure it made my lashes look great but it clump too much! I love this falsies much better! The brush is GREAT, a lot of bristles which when I put it on it does not clump my lashes at all~, When I put one coat it would give my lashes length, voulume, and some curl, Then after the second coat I would have dramatic eyelashes! My eyelashes looks flared! I wouldnt call them look "falsies", but it looks awesome none the less. I LOVE MAYBELLINE MASCARA!

How I put it on:
1. Take the brush out by twisting it until you have finally have the whole brush out.
2. Put on my first coat on my left eye by placing it at the base of my lashes and wiggle it out to the tip.
3. put the brush back in then do the same step as No.1.
4. Put on the second coat of my left eye and put at base and wiggle it out to the tip.
5. vice versa for the right eye.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

OH! I purchase this in [Blackest Black Non-waterproof]

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I must say that I truly love Maybelline Mascaras,so I was excited to try this. I love it better than the original Falsies. It really does flare out my lashes! So far it's another winner!

on 6/20/2011 3:35:00 PM

I have bought this one several times and it does work really well.It gives your lashes that extra "plump" that they need.Make sure you wash off before going to bed though or your eyes will get irritated.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this stuff! I was using the falsies in the waterproof version before the flared came out and I liked it a lot but somedays it just didn't seem to hold up. I have been on the hunt for a mascara that makes my short lashes stand out and this does! I've treid all kinds of mascars and have paid up to $30 and had no results. I have not tried the flared in the waterproof yet but I'm sure I'll love it too. This is something everyone needs to try! Looks amazing. I do curl my eyelashes first because they are so short.

on 6/23/2011 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I have always had good luck with mascaras, especially Maybelline, but I just wasn't too impressed with this one :/ I really wanted to love it, and I couldn't do it...I may have had too high of expectations for it, because with a name like "falsies", I wanted it to make my lashes look like they do when I wear my fake ones. I'm not saying it's a bad mascara, it does an average job, but I'd much rather stick with my Colossal Volume Express:)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've been searching for this and finally found it. I had very high expectations for this product. I will say, I've only applied it once and I have only had it on an hour maybe so I can only give an inital review. Will update later. The formula seems goopy at the tip, which is no biggie, but it seems a little dry when going on. It's pretty nice though. I like it but it took a lot of work to get my lashes the way I wanted them but I am getting almost my desired results with only have to use one kind of mascara and I didn't use my UD eyelash primer either. With that being said, it's pretty good, it does "flare" you eyelashes out and is quite lengthening and volumizing. It's probably the best drugstore mascara I've purchased to date and I have a ton. I've been using CG Last Blast Volume over Tarte's Lights, Camera, Lashes and this single mascara does about the same job for only $5.94. Liking this. Edit, after a week, I decided I don't really like this. It makes my lashes very spidery and it is also a very dry formula. Will not buy again.

Im really in love with this mascara. It has a very bold colors, and gives my lashes lots of volume and length. I like it better than the original falsies.

on 6/26/2011 10:17:00 PM

I almost missed out on this completely. I tried it a few times and HATED how it made my lashes look- goopy, messy, like I had just slathered them with mascara. Out of frustration I washed the wand off and dedicated it as an eyelash comb, leaving the open tube on my desk for 2 or 3 days. For whatever reason I decided to try it out one last time and I actually really liked it. It does flare out the lashes, it lengthens and darkens them but I don't find that it adds a great deal of volume. It flakes a little but not terribly. The biggest downfall? This smells like the nasal spray I used to have to take for my non-allergic rhinitis. Which is gross. It is for this reason that I don't think I'll be repurchasing, I just can't handle that kind of stink regardless of how nice the results are.

on 6/27/2011 1:16:00 PM

The minute that a review for this popped up on my video recommendations from YT, I had to go out and get it! I'm a fan of the original Falsies, but not the Black Drama (too gloopy for some reason). In a eye by eye comparison, Falsies Flare out-performed the original Falsies - My lashes were longer, darker, and fuller with one coat of the Flare vs the Original. I was also able to build up about 3-4 coats before I got any significant clumping. The formula definitely seems smoother and more build-able. I feel like this really does give me a false lash look. Totally love this mascara!