Maybelline New York Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

Filtered by eye Color : Brown age: 30-35
Maybelline New York Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

3.0

AQUA/WATER, ORYZA SATIVA CERA/RICE BRAN WAX, COPERNICIA CERIFERA CERA/CARNAUBA WAX, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, CERA ALBA/BEESWAX, STYRENE/ACRYLATES/AMMONIUM METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, CANDELILLA CERA/CANDELILLA WAX, GLYCERIN, SYNTHETIC BEESWAX, ACACIA SENEGAL/ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, CETYL ALCOHOL, SILICA, PANTOTHENOL, PHENETHYL ALCOHOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, POLYETHYLENE, SODIUM LAURETH-12 SULFATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, PEG/PPG-17/18 DIMETHICONE SIMETHICONE, ARGININE, SERINE, GLUTAMIC ACID, POTASSIUM SORBATE, TRISODIUM EDTA, METHYLPARABEN, 2-OLEAMIDO-1,3-OCTADECANEDIOL, PROPYLPARABEN, RAYON. [ /- MAY CONTAIN: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/IRON OXIDES, CI 77007/ULTRAMARINES, CI 77891/TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, CI 77288/CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289/CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN, CI 77742/MANGANESE VIOLET, CI 77510/FERRIC FERROCYANIDE], F.I.L. D46284/2.

I purchased this mascara on Saturday and I wore it once so this is a buy and try. I purchased it on sale 2 for $12 at CVS. I purchased the Maybelline Volume Express the falsies flared waterproof in black. Here is the thing the claims are false eyelashes and if you normally like natural eyelashes this will give you false eyelashes . But I normally like false eyelashes every day so this is more of an everyday look. I like the packaging it is not bulky it travels well. It doesn't have a weird smell, it doesn't make my eyes water , it holds a curl and it does give you a lot of volume. Also there are many different looks for false eyelashes . I like a mascara to give me volume, length, separation , fullness and to hold a curl and to not flake, I do think I have high standards for a waterproof mascara and I will say that this mascara passed the test I would like more length and volume for and event mascara but for me this is great for everyday . I also think this mascara is definitely buildable if you want to take it to the max of what this mascara can do. I will also say when do apply a few coats of mascara it can get clumpy but that is with any mascara and I'm talking 4 or 5 coats so. I will say if you want a good everyday mascara and you like an every day false lash look this will be a great one to try or if you are looking for a false lash effect mascara for an event I also think you will like it. I think it is meant to be an every day false lash mascara but can be worn as an event mascara by curling your lashes, piling it on or pairing it with a lengthening mascara. All in all I think it is worth a buy an try also the brush is a curved natural bristle brush with a lot of bristles. It is a thick wet formula as well and the mascara is pigmented. So I like it a lot don't love it but I think in time I just might love it.

on 3/5/2015 3:31:00 AM

It holds curl extremely well and it doesn't smudge, but otherwise it's quite average. Not much length OR volume. Makes lashes feel stiff. You've got to be careful removing it. If you press too hard with cotton pads - can say bye bye to a good number of lashes. I recommend splashing some water on it first to soften it up, and only then go with eye makeup remover on a cotton pad. It's heavily scented. Surprisingly I kinda like the scent, but it can be described as a powdery "old makeup" type.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'd been using the original Maybelline Falsies since it came out (off and on along with several other mascaras, like my beloved Jordana for example ;D) and I recently received a $1 Maybelline Mascara coupon so I decided it was time to repurchase and when I got to the drugstore I saw this Falsies Flared and remembered reading some positive reccomendations for this version on the makeup board so it's the one I went with, and to be honest, I didn't expect to see much of a difference. Usually when Maybelline (drugstore companies in general)do different mascaras in the same line they tend to be very similiar but this is indeed quite different from the original falsies, and I do like both but for different reasons.
I think that this mascara is exceptional with legnthening, one coat really surprised me on the legnthening! (Would I call it a "falsies flared" look? -No, but I don't expect anything to make my lashes look the way the models' look in their commercials Lol ;D) And it's definately less clumpy than the original falsies (I really had to work with the original one to get application just right) but it's also not as volumizing as the original which is probably my only little let-down with this mascara.
My natural lashes are average legnth (not va va voom long, not stubs either) but they're very very thin so volume is definately one thing I'm always looking for in a mascara, so I wish it didn't take 3 coats to get my desired volume, although it *is* possible for me with 3 coats, or if I pair it with a another mascara, one that is more volumizing (original Falsies, Jordana best Lash Extreme, L'oreal Carbon Black Voluminious, for example.)
I've read that some don't care for false fiber mascaras because you can get fibers falling on your face all day long, but I'm quite pleased that I haven't had this issue (yet) with a false fiber mascara -Not this Falsies Flared or the original, so that is something you'll not need to worry about with this :)
I do notice an odd smell though...? Not a terrible smell (it's actually a pleasant scent) but it's odd because I've never had a mascara have such a smell before Lol -I've only read two other reviews here on this mascara, Im going to need to read some more and see if this smell I notice is common or not? I already threw away my packaging so I'm unable to check and see if this contains "fragrance", but if it does, and you are sensitive to fragrances around your eyes this *may* not be for you :( Luckily I have pretty tough eyes that are not sensitive to too many things so the smell isn't an issue and I only notice it during application, once the brush is back in the tube it's completely gone.
Overall I do like this and will certainly continue to use, &definately don't plan on returning it or anything like that, but it's a little too natural for me for the look I like to achieve on a daily basis - I really love a false lash look all of the time, and if there is a need for me to have a natural lash look for one occassion or another then I tend to reach for Maybelline's Full n Soft so I don't see myself repurchasing this version although I probably will repurchase the original falsies in 3-4 months because I feel like it definately made my lashes more voluminious, even if I did have to work with it a little to get rid of any clumpies.
If legnth is what you're looking for, this is definately the mascara for you :)

on 4/5/2012 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

This gave my lashes volume and flare despite a few clumps that I worked out. I'm sure the impact would have been even more profound if I'd taken the time to curl my lashes. I wouldn't purchase this again simply because there are so many more mascaras I'd like to try.

on 2/22/2012 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I wanted to try this cause I really liked original falsies, unfortunately I dont have much of a review since after the 3rd use it dried out ridiculously and was useless

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Very good mascara that does the job. It's a dry formula, and it flaked a bit, but it didn't clump my lashes at all and I got good length and volume and no smudges. Cute and standard packaging, great value for money.

on 1/19/2012 11:44:00 PM

i hate this mascara. it's quite possibly one of the worst i've ever used, and i've used many. the 2 distinctly worst aspects about this mascara are: (1) it disappears within 8 hours of wear. it doesn't really flake [on me], it just simply disappears as if i forgot to put mascara on in the first place. (2) as if that's not bad enough, when it actually looks like i bothered to apply the mascara, for some bizarre reason the tips of my lashes "wilt".... that's right, the tips of my lashes point downward at a 45 degree angle. awful and worthless.

on 1/12/2012 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I usually use either MAC or Dior Show mascara, but I forgot to apply before I left the house. Someone recommended this and I was in a rush to grab mascara at CVS. I don't like the wand and it does flake and dry out pretty quickly. Not great for a drug store brand. Would not buy again.

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I hate this stuff. I found the wand and the size of the handle far to big and clunky. It feels like a giant kid's pencil in my hand. The mascara itself applied decently enough. It is a very heavy and thick formula. My lashes are pretty good at holding a curl with most mascaras but this stuff was just too much. My lashes straightened under the formula. Within two hours, mascara was flaking off onto my cheeks. It looked terrible. I hate throwing away make-up, but I know I'm NEVER using this crap again.

on 1/1/2012 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have long lashes naturally and this did nothing for them. I hate the brush and I don't care for the formula.