Maybelline New York Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

Maybelline New York Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

3.0

Price: $

Price: $

AQUA/WATER, ORYZA SATIVA CERA/RICE BRAN WAX, COPERNICIA CERIFERA CERA/CARNAUBA WAX, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, CERA ALBA/BEESWAX, STYRENE/ACRYLATES/AMMONIUM METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, CANDELILLA CERA/CANDELILLA WAX, GLYCERIN, SYNTHETIC BEESWAX, ACACIA SENEGAL/ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, CETYL ALCOHOL, SILICA, PANTOTHENOL, PHENETHYL ALCOHOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, POLYETHYLENE, SODIUM LAURETH-12 SULFATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, PEG/PPG-17/18 DIMETHICONE SIMETHICONE, ARGININE, SERINE, GLUTAMIC ACID, POTASSIUM SORBATE, TRISODIUM EDTA, METHYLPARABEN, 2-OLEAMIDO-1,3-OCTADECANEDIOL, PROPYLPARABEN, RAYON. [ /- MAY CONTAIN: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/IRON OXIDES, CI 77007/ULTRAMARINES, CI 77891/TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, CI 77288/CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289/CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN, CI 77742/MANGANESE VIOLET, CI 77510/FERRIC FERROCYANIDE], F.I.L. D46284/2.

on 5/18/2015 1:04:00 PM

This stuff clumps my eyelashes so bad! I used a couple of times and returned it. I hate the wand it's too flexible and the brush is too large and awkward. This was just a fail as most maybelline mascara a are for me.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Fantastic drugstore mascara. Definetly my fave one by Maybelline (I have a few others). This is the one I find myself reaching for quite often. It doesn't give me racoon eyes, it's easy to apply. Because the brush is bends in all the right places. You can basically shape your lashes up and out with this brush. It doesn't exactly make them flare or fan out but it didn't give me stick straight lashes either. i wasn't expecting flared out feathery lashes like the models have in the Maybelline ads. It gives me volume but is only mediocre for length. My lashes are long to begin with but this did help increase the curl and volume in my straight lashes when I curled them.
This mascara is easily buildable, too. I can apply more than 2 coats and it looks dramatic enough without looking like a drag queen. It's a drier mascara (which I like) and holds the curl very well, even after having it on for more than 8 hours it's still holding the curl. No flakes, minimal fall out.
It does have a slight smell (like roses?) but it didn't aggrevate my sensitive eyes.I really wish companies would do away with having a scent to their mascaras!? whats the point!??
I had purchashed the Falsies satin black mascara before and decided to buy this one instead after the satin black one dried out quickly. I have to say I like this version a lot better.
I find myself reaching for this mascara when I need to add a bit of volume/ drama to regular mascaras.
It didn't give me false looking lashes but it sure beats a lot of the more expensive brands I have tried that claim to give the false look -- Benefit's They're Real.

If you just want a mascara that is easy to apply and gives you volume, hold and curl without spending tons of money, give this one a try. You may become addicted to the Volum Express mascaras like I have!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I really like this version better than the original Falsies or Falsies Black Drama. The original Falsies has the tendency to get really dry and clumpy really fast, though it isn't totally terrible. Black Drama is terrible, but that's a different review. Falsies Flared isn't too dry or clumpy or too thick and waxy, so it is kinda the Goldilocks of The Falsies line. I get good definition and a bit of that "flare" that they advertise. It isn't over the top and dramatic, but I sincerely hope that we're all smart enough to realize that NO mascara ever will get our lashes alone to look like mascara ads. If you don't go in to it with unrealistic expectations of perfect lashes that look false without using false lashes then you won't be so disappointed. This is a very good drugstore mascara, but the reviews don't reflect that at all. It's too bad, the product is definitely worth a try.

I purchased this because I LOVE Falsies in Blackest Black and have Black Drama also... But this one is a weird consistency and I do not like how Clumpy it is. Also what ever this formula is it seems to dry my eyes and create mascara dust. I will stick with regular Falsies.

Video Reviews & Tutorials