Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

Filtered by age: 19-24
Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

3.4

on 4/3/2017 5:26:00 PM

Best mascara that gives you length volume without clumps, my fav mascara.

on 1/21/2016 7:07:00 PM

Maybelline's first gen The Falsies was the best mascara I used from the drugstore. They keep trying to come out with different "falsies" and this didnt make the cut. The wand is similar to the Mega Plush wand which didn't do much for my lashes.

on 11/3/2015 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This mascara was a disappointment. I remember loving the original Falsies. I have short sparse lashes and it made my lashes clumpy, and it also made them stick together. There wasn't a lot of volume and length, and the brush was too big for my small eyelashes. However once it started to dry in the tube, I found that it just worked better and it would do what it was suppose to do. I don't know if it was that the formula was just too wet for my lashes or that the formula is better when it's a little dry? When it was dryer it would brush through my lashes pretty evenly and then it would give me volume. Overall I wouldn't repurchase this mascara.

Ever since I started using Maybelline mascaras, I didn't bother looking for another one 'coz it works so well. It gives me nice volume and curl. If I am so lazy, I would just put on a BB cream, get my brows done and wear a mascara. This product is part of my daily routine!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

omg I looove this mascara! I'm a huge fan of Maybelline mascara and this is my favourite behind define-a-lash, so I guess you could say it's my holy grail black mascara haha. I love using the mascara on more heavy/smoky looks as it lengthens and curls my lashes exceedingly well. The formula applies really easy and it doesn't clump or have a whole heap of fallout. It's just my go-to mascara whenever I don't know what to use haha. Either way, really love this mascara and will be re-purchasing.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I like it, it makes my lashes look incredibly long and curled and gorgeous! I have gotten quite a few compliments on my lashes so I am very impressed. I have never used the Maybelline Falsies(original) before so I would like to try that as I am pleased with this one.
I have seen a few other reviews talking about the flaking of the mascara, I have not noticed anything so far but if it would start to flake I would keep the brush and use a different mascara with a better formula.

on 7/24/2015 6:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This works as a great mascara, but there is no 'flare' effect. It's a great one to define lashes, volumise them, and make them noticeable. No clumping. Consistency and texture towards the drier side. Wand is fibre bristles, and curved shape makes application easier.

on 6/29/2015 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have always been a fan of Maybelline mascaras, especially the "volum' express" line, so I thought I'd give this a try. It wasn't pricey at all as I got it at Walmart for $4.96 CDN, so I ended up buying it as well as other mascaras from the same line (because why not?).
So since I am a huge fan of the original Maybelline The Falsies, as I said before, I would try this.
The packaging is around the same as the regular Falsies mascara tube, that same purple colour and shape. Only this has silver accents on the tube and pictures of wings, symbolizing that your lashes will apparently look like fluttery, wing-like masterpieces.
Anyway, the wand has roughly the same style as the regular Falsies mascara, the same spikey, bristles on a curved brush. Except, instead of being a convex AND concave side, there's only a convex side, and the other side is just flat. Like a flat topped spoon, pretty much.
So when it was time to apply mascara after doing my regular makeup routine, I was a bit hesitant. Not only was this different to what I regularly use (the Falsies or The Rocket), but the one I got wasn't waterproof. I normally use waterproof, but since I heard that it ruins your lashes, I stopped. So I had high hopes for this mascara to hold a curl on my normally straight, flat, and downward growing lashes. By the time I started sweeping this on, I have to say, it did a pretty decent job at holding a curl for a non-waterproof version. I was impressed by it. Also, it did an okay job at separating my sparse, thin lashes. That's where the good part ends. With a heavy heart, I say that's probably the best it did on me.
I was expecting so much more. It absolutely did not thicken or add any volume to my lashes and it made them feel crunchy, like I had a bunch of dry grass as my eyelashes. Also, the ends/tips of my lashes were not fluttery, and ended up looking like spider legs with clumpy messes on the ends. No matter how much I brushed through and combed the wand through to try and rid of the clumps, MORE would appear!
So, the pros are that it held the curl and added separation, but he cons are that it clumped up and added no volume.
Overall, I don't think I'll ever buy this again, but I'm glad people out there still like it because Maybelline would not keep selling it otherwise. This product is just not for me.

on 5/10/2015 2:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This product started out good and now I really dislike it. The mascara really irritated my eyes. Although it does give some significance in making your lashes have volume and length, I feel for me it wasn't worth it as I picked it all off by the end of the day.
I would have to put on a few layers for it to do something.

It was sooo clumpy and so flakey and gave my lashes that kind of spider-legish look.
Not good! Wouldn't purchase this maybelline product again.

I would highly recommend using the Eye of Horus mascara, as a more natural but still lengthening and volumizing mascara to use.

I absolutely love this it is my go to mascara I love the look it gives & my lashes stay in place which is a bonus to me one downfall & that's it dries out & clumps but that's around the 6 month mark anyway which is when mascara should be replaced because of germs & bactira😊❤️