Chantecaille Ultra Sun Protection SPF50 PA+++ Anti-Glycation Primer

No Image

3.3

on 8/12/2017 5:52:00 PM

Had high hopes for this as find Chantecaille products to be generally impressive. And, without doubt, this primer certainly did deliver on its complexion enhancing claim-making. Alas, however, broke me out terribly! In short, expensive mistake ... yet another dust collector to add to the ever-growing pile!

A sunscreen that makes my skin flawless! HG!!! Nothing like it!! Love it!

on 2/27/2015 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I agree with joy2uandme's review wholeheartedly. I love this product. I hate the price but will keep buying as long as my budget allows. My maturing skin is still oily, making it really hard to wear sun protection under foundation without the results being either an oily mess or a matte/dry/wrinkled look. I apply eye cream and this product, let the primer sink in 10 minutes, then apply my foundation.

on 8/12/2014 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

It pains me to say that I love this primer sun protection but it is superlative for my aging, slightly wrinkled skin that is normal/combination. It goes on with some emollience then soaks in for a nothing feel which I appreciate wholeheartedly. Makeup glides on and it helps hold it all day. I appreciate it is a 3-in-1 product. The smell of it is aromatherapy in a tube.

And it has not aggravated my sensitive rosacea skin.

But the tube is small and the price is ouch. So I have to review it's attributes everyday.

on 9/19/2013 4:54:00 PM

I bought and loved this product when it first came out, but didn't repurchase due to worries about the photostability of the sun protection. However, having taken another look at the ingredients, they seem to have reformulated it and it now includes octocrylene, so it's stable, and I'm the happy owner of a fresh new tube!

on 8/16/2013 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is the worst worst cosmetic/skin care product I have ever purchased.
Canada has a stricter SS regulation than the US, so this does not claimed to have UV protection although the SA swore by it.
As I remembered, this is almost $100 for 40 ml. nothing but a silicone primer.

on 7/18/2013 4:05:00 PM

I love this product! It is by far the best primer I have ever used. Makeup glides on making skin look flawless. The only downside is the price. It is crazy expensive.

its a thin liquid,, very slippery and almost greasy feeling initially but later absorbed very quickly, its a chemical sunscreen so good if you are doing photo-shoot i assumed, i like the rose smell and enjoyed using it.

on 8/17/2012 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The reviews on this product seems to be bipolar- its either huge love or a huge hate. I received this product as a sample from Nordstrom and prior to testing the stuff, checked the reviews online and was surprised to note the bad reviews for this item on MUA. So it sat on my shelf for a few days and when I ran out of my favorite primer - Serge Lutens ridiculously expensive primer - i reached out for this one and it was true love. My makeup stays on all day and i love the glowy dewy feel it gives me. I never need to do any re-touches or blotting with this one mid-day. I do not know why another reviewer has called this product heavy to the touch but its consistency is a watered down milky look and feels like a gel. It has a less siliconey feel than the more popular smashbox primers. I liked it enough to purchase the whole tube and so far no breakouts or any complaints. I may have just found my HG and oh! the spf is a bonus. One more step to avoid doing in the morning.
As a physician, I am always on the lookout for cosmetics that take on science and this is one of them. Its an anti-glycation product effective in protecting the skin from the internal threat of sugar glycation, thereby inhibiting the breakdown of collagen and hence aging and so this comes with many super duper bonuses.
I found more reviews of this stuff on another blogging site called Product doctor and she seemed to love it as much as i do too.. Personally, I Love it!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This primer is horrible. I am not a primer wearer to begin with but bought this solely because of the spf 50 factor and thought the primer was a bonus. WRONG!!! It felt greasy, too silicon-y, had way too much slippage to a point where my makeup would slide off my face by mid-afternoon making me look haggard and yucky, and did i mention my skin felt like it was suffocating? I wonder if the spf 50 is even there because I've read many reviews that mention that their spf content is unstable. So for all the reasons mentioned above this is a waste of money for me. Over $100 wasted.Thought I'd finish it but I cannot tolerate the suffocating and 'just sitting on top of my skin' feeling. I'm gonig back to my Chanel UV essential.