Clinique Chubby Stick - Mega Melon

Chubby Stick - Mega MelonChubby Stick - Mega Melon

4.3

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This was part of a Nordstrom GWP. It doesn't bleed into my upper lip lines. It
has a somewhat waxy feeling. The color is okay on my NC25 Asian coloring. It's kind of orangey, kind of pink, not dramatic, suitable for work. The packaging could be improved by having the cap fit on the end of the stick. This is an okay product for me.

on 1/1/2017 4:18:00 AM

I got this as a gift and I like the shade and I find it lovely for day wear. It's a tinted lip balm so it's quite alright. It moisturizes my lips and glides on perfectly. The shade is natural and doesn't look too odd. Lasting power is not lasting BUT, it's so easy to reapply so still okay. The only bad thing is that it's almost used up!

on 11/24/2016 9:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I think I have all the Clinique chubby sticks. Moisturizing lip tints in a chubby pencil with automatic twist up bottom. Sheer color that looks slightly glossy. Doesn't dry out my lips. Lasts just a few hours though and most shades just add a hint of color. This is more like a tinted lip balm rather than a lipstick. Retails for $17. I like these better than Tarte as the glossy ones dry out my lips.

Mega melon is a great glossy coral shade with a golden hint to it. Not overly orange like a lot of corals. Great color with my nc30 light olive complexion. Not heavy or tacky or sticky on the lips. These don't last long, just average lip color/balm wear. But still a great easy every day shade.

on 9/22/2016 8:11:00 PM

Pretty midtone peachy-pink color with shimmer and shine -- feels moisturizing on the lips for a long time, so it succeeds as a tinted lip balm. Very easy to apply, like most lip crayons, and with the twist-up base it requires no sharpening. It's a nice complement to bolder eye looks, adding just a tint of color to the lips. The downside is that the shade is not super exciting or long-wearing, but it was the winner of the bunch in that particular GWP.

$17 for 3 grams of product in a twist-up crayon.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I originally got this as a gwp and am almost out. I am going to buy 2 so I have a backup in case this is discontinued like my last HG lip product, Clinique Poppy Shine, was. This is a beautiful sheer melon color that is so lightweight you don't get the feeling of anything on your lips. It is not particularly moisturizing yet not drying. I'd say it is neutral on that issue. It looks very natural so if you want an actual lipstick look this is not your product.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I recieved this as a gift from a family member. Before I got the Mega Melon chubby stick, I had chubby sticks written off as very expensive, sheer pencils that are easily dupable by drugstores. I was wrong. Mega Melon is a gorgeous, feels great, it's low maintenance and it's twist up rather than needing a sharpener. I like it so much that I carry it around in my pocket. I'm planning on buying a set of chubby sticks now.

on 4/28/2015 9:34:00 PM

Its pricey for a balm, and seems 'dryer' than many other balms. Really didn't notice any moisturizing quality at all.

Might be ok if you want a sheer peachy color (great color described well by others) with no smell/taste and no stickiness (as you can have with glosses).

I expected a better balm from Clinique for the price.

on 3/28/2015 6:50:00 AM

I am ~NC20 and this is a perfect MLBB! I can see myself running out of this very quickly as it is impossible to put too much on, and it wears off quite quickly.

Retails for AUD$35 at Myer for 3mL.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I adore the Clinique Chubby Stick! I received this as a gift with a purchase at the Clinique counter and I left it in my makeup bag and ignored it for a few months. I just don't normally wear lip color. I'm a die hard chap stick chick.

Fast forward to a date night and my need to not look like an extra from the Walking Dead. So I swiped some on and was delighted. It was easy to apply, smooth, moisturizing, and with the perfect hint of color. It genuinely feels like a tinted lip balm. Very subtle, easy to layer on some more for more color, fits easily in a clutch/bag/pocket.

This is perfect for the low maintenance gal who likes products that do double duty. Moisture and subtle color for the win!

on 7/12/2015 7:06:00 PM

This product is absolutely amazing! I was so blown away by this shade and everything about it. This product is pretty hyped about, and word on the street says that Clinique invited the "lip balm stick things..." This shade is a gorgeous sheer peachy pink with gold sparkles. I think this would look great on any skin tone. The color is buildable, and I like to build up the color. It's great for the spring and summer time, but it can be worn year-round. It's moisturizing and not at all drying, and it doesn't fade in two minutes, but it's not the most long lasting- what did you expect from a lip balm/color in a stick lol.

Overall, I absolutely loved this shade and formula, and I would definitely be repurchasing.