Aubrey Organics Natural Sun Unscented Sensitive Skin SPF 30+

Aubrey Organics Natural Sun Unscented Sensitive Skin SPF 30+

Not tested on animals

Zinc Oxide (11%), Titanium Dioxide (6.3%), purified water, simmondsia chinensis oil*, helianthus annuus seed oil*, galactoarabinan, glyceryl stearate, cetearyl alcohol, stearic acid and sodium cocoyl glutamate, butyrospermum parkii butter*, camellia sinensis seed oil*, brassica campestris-aleurites fordi oil copolymer, aloe barbadensis leaf juice*, glycerin, epilobium angustifolium flower/leaf/stem extract, glyceryl caprylate and glyceryl undecylenate, leuconostoc/radish root ferment filtrate, lonicera japonica flower extract, lonicera caprifolium flower extract, populus tremuloides bark extract, gluconolactone, tocopherol, citric acid, xanthan gum *Organic Vegan. No animal testing.

You reviewers are the worst. This sunscreen was the best sunscreen I've found, hands down. It worked, it wasn't terribly expensive, you didn't have to apply very much (you didn't have to be covered in a white film), and it stayed on. It's very odd that you all seem to want a moisturizer that is easy to wash off instead of a sunscreen that can handle sweat/water. If you want a moisturizer, buy one. But because you didn't, they've discontinued this.

-A terribly sad, loyal fan in SoCal

on 6/1/2017 7:24:00 PM

All the bad reviews on this product...really? Ok, Yeah it leaves a white film if it is put on what, it works and it works unbelievably for a product that is natural. I would rather use this knowing how good it works at protecting my skin and without harsh chemicals. It sucks because now I think they discontinued it.

on 2/10/2015 6:57:00 AM

I should have believed the poor reviews, but I wanted to believe that there was a good, moderately priced mineral sunscreen readily available at Vitamin Shoppe just down the street from where I live. I let my optimism get the better of me, and now I can concur with the other reviewers that this sunscreen has the following:

- MEGA white cast (which never completely absorbs if the proper 1/4 tsp amount is used for the face; I'm not tanned, either)

-Thick, tacky finish

- Spackle-like tenacity against cleansing (My face was still greasy and white-streaked after multiple washes with my Clarisonic)

-Soft, oatmeal-like scent (not very noticeable nor unpleasant)

I've only used this once, but that was enough for me to start hunting for another more emollient sunscreen. You can still save yourself the trouble.

on 3/5/2014 7:11:00 PM

Got this as a sample packet of this at my local Sprout's, so I can't speak to its long term effectiveness/whether it causes blemishes, etc. I must say, I'm not too impressed with this product. The only positive thing I can really say is that at least it didn't have that sunscreeny smell to it like so many other sunscreens. I hate that smell. Can't quite describe it, hopefully you know what I mean. Anyway, this product has no scent at all. The problem with it is that it is very hard to spread/rub in. It has a kind of weird texture -runny, but not emollient at all. It feels as though the formula has no oils, silicones or any kind of moisturizing or slip agents in it at all. My sample did not have the ingredients list on it so I can't say whether this is true -that's just what it feels like. My skin does not feel at all moisturized where I applied product. The sunscreen seems to have left a kind of waxy residue on my skin. It also leaves a strong grayish-white cast when applied. This fades somewhat though not completely after a few minutes. My Clinique City Block Sheer runs circles around this.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this sunscreen with the intention of using a less hazardous sunscreen. I have been looking up the hazard levels of sunscreens on the EWG site and this product came up as one of the least hazardous sunscreens.

I found that this moisturises my skin beautifully. It is quite thick when you apply it to the skin and, if you apply too much, it will leave a white layer. You have to use drop by drop to ensure that you only use the right amount.

I would say that it is really appropriate for anyone who spends a lot of time in the sun. I play a lot of sports and this has helped me protect my skin from the sun and has kept my skin soft but it's not appropriate as a daily moisturiser if you're in the office or remain indoors for most of the day. I think that it's leaves the skin looking a bit too shiny to be using it for everyday wear.

It's also not appropriate to use under make-up or any powder. It is a bit thick on the skin and will clump up your make-up.

If you're someone who does not wear powder or make-up base, you want to protect your skin from the sun and you want to ensure that you are keeping yourself healthy by using organic, less hazardous cosmetic products, then this is the product for you.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

PROS: Unscented; nice, lotion-like consistency; easy to spread; it didn't make my clogged pores/acne worse.
CONS: I don't mind a little white cast (I'm NW15), but this gives my skin a grayish/pasty look. Highlights every microscopic skin flake I have. Looks greasy and feels tacky and heavy. Turns my mineral makeup into a cakey mess after a few hours of wear. (In Aubrey's defense, this isn't marketed as a facial sunscreen.) However, I also find it unwearable on the body. It tends to flake off, so it looks like you're covered in dandruff. And if the product is flaking off, so is the protection.