e.l.f. Essential Little Black Beauty Book

Essential Little Black Beauty BookEssential Little Black Beauty Book

on 12/9/2013 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love this palette. I got this for $2 probably at Target. I don't wear frosted or shimmery eye shadows but there are plenty of matte colors. I find myself reaching for this palette almost every day. I use it for both my brows and my eye shadow. I agree that the eye shadows are not huge but I have no trouble using an eye shadow brush to get the exact amount I need and want.

My mom taught me growing up that you get what you pay for but that is not always true for cosmetics. This was the best beauty value purchase for me in 2013. I would not hesitate buying this again, though seriously I think it would take me at least 2-3 years to use up just the matte colors that I love.

on 3/19/2013 2:13:00 AM

I purchased this in Warm ages ago in an elf haul. I love this little book! All of the colors are wearable and most of them are nicely pigmented, ESPECIALLY for the price you pay! $5 for all of these colors, sometimes less when ELF is having a massive sale. This book is just full of beautiful neutrals with a few fun colors. I find that when I use a primer with these (I've used both the $1 elf primer and the two-faced primer with identical results), these will stay on ALL day and be on if I fall asleep without taking it off, so all night as well. I find the colors easy to blend. There is a little fallout sometimes, but I've had more fallout from more expensive drugstore brands than this one, and it doesn't bother me. Usually, there isn't any at all.

The darker shades are more pigmented and easy to work with than the lighter shades, as is the case with most cheap eyeshadows. Some are still wfine but you defiantly want to purchase this with the intention of using the darker shades.

The book shape is cute but I think I would like this even more if it was something different. I bought the original and I think there might be more versions of this out now, so I am speaking of the original here - after about a year of having this, the cushiony case has dents and stuff all over it, the mirror is awkward/useless, and the book wont lay completely flat and open. This isn't going to knock a lippie off from me, I'd just prefer another case.

on 12/21/2012 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love this little palette! I have it in cool. The colors are highly pigmented and true to pan. I just love how bright they all come out. There are some lovely greens, purples, pinks, oranges, blues, and even some grey and black for smokey looks and contrast. The only downfall of this palette is that you will probably need some neutral colors for blending. Other than that, I just love it!

on 8/14/2011 12:21:00 PM

I have this in the "cool" tones. Love it so much already bought a back up. Only thing i dont like is, the eyeshadows tend to dust onto the lip colors because there is no divider. I took a bounty tissue folded in in half and shut it in there and keep it closed w/ a hair elastic. That works good.

Popular Palettes