e.l.f. Cosmetics Essential Little Black Beauty Book

Filtered by skin type : Combination
e.l.f. Cosmetics Essential Little Black Beauty Book
Essential Little Black Beauty BookEssential Little Black Beauty Book

3.8

In this case, you get what you pay for. I wasn't super impressed with this palette. The colors look so beautiful lined up together, and I can't get over how pretty the shimmers are, but the pigmintaion wasn't that great. I naturally have very oily lids and this eyeshadow creased right when I put it on. I would recommend using a eyeshadow primer before hand. I will still probably get good use this out of this palette. I believe you still could find better for the price.

It defiantly isn't the best eyeshadow but its still cool to have. I like a lot of the browns for days I want more natural looks and for the price its nice to have.

I love all of E.L.F.'s products, so naturally I wasn't surprised at myself for immediately buying this from Target for $5. The price is GREAT for the number of eyeshadows you get (48). The only thing that concerned me with this palette was that a few of the eyeshadows weren't very pigmented at all. Other than that, I loved it! Definitely a great palette for beginners.

I have the palette that contains more brown tones than colors. (I've long since thrown the packaging away.)

I love the colors. I've been practicing with neutral tones, and this is the best neutral palette I can find right now. A lot of selection to choose from, which is nice, and I don't have to pay lots and lots of money for shadows I might not be happy with.

I would recommend this for the dirt cheap price. I see a lot of staying power, depending on the primer you use and the shades you use. Since I use neutral colors, I don't see the fade. I might see the fade if I used bright, bright colors, but I don't.

I also use it with UD primer potion, and that helps tremendously.

The only thing I don't like about it is the way that the applicator is stored inside. I wish there was something to hold it in place; it just sits there. Every time I open it, the stupid thing falls out. I only keep it in case I want to touch up my makeup while I'm out. I use brushes to apply the makeup in the first place. I just think they could have made it so you could snap the applicator in place.

In any case, I would recommend giving it a try. If you don't like it, you're only out about $5.

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

This review is for the DAY Palette, #91601 (pictured above) OMG I love this little thing! I bought this online to keep at my SO's house for a broad selection of looks, because the package - a sturdy little black plastic book - is adorable and the shades look like my favorites: Neutrals, warm earthy shades and pink/bronze/plums. It's so beautiful! There's a nice mix of finishes, a really nice matte light/medium flesh tone for blending, a couple shades for my brows, and all are pigmented and smooth. If these shades appeal to you, snag this!!!

on 8/31/2011 10:09:00 PM

I went to walgreens to pick up Blistex and WNW cream eye liner, didn't find what I wanted but I was so happy I saw this one! I saw three kinds beauty books there, I picked up mine called Little Black Beauty Book Volume I, and I loved it! 48 beauty colors and it's so compact! Cuteeeeee!