e.l.f. Cosmetics Essential Little Black Beauty Book

Essential Little Black Beauty BookEssential Little Black Beauty Book

1.5

on 3/13/2016 3:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This palette is very versatile with a wide range of finishes. There is anything from matte to metallic to straight up shimmer. I have a hard time deciphering what is considered a satin finish so the only thing I’ll say that I know for sure is that there are five true mattes.

There is a little bit of fallout, but nothing that can’t be solved by tapping the excess off of your brush or applicator. In terms of the texture of these shadows, it can be hit of miss. Some feel buttery, while others (mostly the shimmery ones with glitter) feel chunky. Since this is the warm edition of this palette, there are not many bright shades. The only bright shade is a turquoise blue with tiny gold shimmer. Pigmentation is just as hit or miss as the texture. Some are very sheer while others are very pigmented. The lighter shades can tend to get patchy.

They are long lasting as long as you use a primer under them, otherwise they tend to crease on the lid. These are also very blend-able and build-able. They can also be used wet (With any setting spray or eye drops). As a whole I would say that these are not bad for their $8.00 price tag and as of right now they are still available on the E.l.f. website. (Eyeslipsface.com)

Pros: slim and compact, good color payoff, good color selection.
Cons: Fallout, some shades are patchy, some are rough and chunky.
All in all I gives this product a 3 out of 5.
For more reviews from see go to http://tiffini42112.tumblr.com/

on 11/17/2013 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This stuff is horrible. Yeah there are a lot of eyeshadows but they're soooo tiny. Like I can barely get a brush in there. The pigmentation SUCKS. Like I think the eyeshadows I got from Claire's when I was 12 was better quality than this crap. I got the warm edition and while I like neutrals, these are all pretty much the same color. They're also all incredibly chalk-like, streaky, and just muddy colors. There's tons of fallout and the applicator they gave you is a joke, as most are, but still. There's nothing good about this palette, if you wanna call it that, and you should seriously just save your money and go buy something else.