e.l.f. Cosmetics Essential Little Black Beauty Book

Filtered by skin type : Other
e.l.f. Cosmetics Essential Little Black Beauty Book
Essential Little Black Beauty BookEssential Little Black Beauty Book

Wow, straight up wow. I bought this palette on a whim bc it was 5$ and just wanted to see if the shadows would live up to the hype.....and they did. Well....partially...
The shimmery shadows with the exception of 1 had great pigmentation, not too overly shimmery, smooth and buttery, they came out true to color and the colors were all different, not like other cheapie palettes where in the pan they *look* different but swatched in actuality aren't.

Con: the matte colors are terrible, terrrrible. I had to scrape the matte colors with my nail to create a powder/pigment and then swatch, then and only then did the matte colors show up.

The con of the matte colors still isn't enough to warrant a bad review for this palette, I'm almost tempted to buy a backup of this bc there are so many dupes of coveted mac shadows in there woooot

The packaging is adorable too, folds into a little book case type looking thing so it's great for travel

on 9/2/2011 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this on a whim when I saw it on an end cap at my local big box store, and I'm so glad I did! I normally wear MAC eyeshadow, but picked this up to try out new looks without spending a lot on something I might never wear past my makeup mirror. The colors are great, with a wide variety of neutrals (48) that have just the right amount of shimmer to make my complexion glow, but not be too overbearing for my conservative day job. Plus, the "little black book" they come in make them easy to keep in my purse, desk drawer, or just at home. Will definitely buy again!