e.l.f. Cosmetics Essential Little Black Beauty Book

e.l.f. Cosmetics Essential Little Black Beauty Book
Essential Little Black Beauty BookEssential Little Black Beauty Book

3.8

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This palette is good for beginners trying to experiment on makeup. Some colors are a hit and miss, being more or less pigmented, it does last all day with my primer that was also E.L.F. The package is small and very cute. I just wish some of the colors were more pigmented...

It defiantly isn't the best eyeshadow but its still cool to have. I like a lot of the browns for days I want more natural looks and for the price its nice to have.

I recently bought this at my local marshalls for 5 dollars in the cool edition because I just couldn't resist such a good deal. This little beauty book is adorable!

I am so surprised with the quality of this palette! Although the eyeshadows feel a little chalky (especially the shimmers or the sparkly ones), they are all pretty long lasting and have great color payoff. The colors are so fun! I never knew how much I would like fun colors until I tried them out. There are so many colors (48) and this is such a great buy for anyone!

I would happily buy different versions!

on 12/9/2013 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love this palette. I got this for $2 probably at Target. I don't wear frosted or shimmery eye shadows but there are plenty of matte colors. I find myself reaching for this palette almost every day. I use it for both my brows and my eye shadow. I agree that the eye shadows are not huge but I have no trouble using an eye shadow brush to get the exact amount I need and want.

My mom taught me growing up that you get what you pay for but that is not always true for cosmetics. This was the best beauty value purchase for me in 2013. I would not hesitate buying this again, though seriously I think it would take me at least 2-3 years to use up just the matte colors that I love.

on 11/17/2013 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This stuff is horrible. Yeah there are a lot of eyeshadows but they're soooo tiny. Like I can barely get a brush in there. The pigmentation SUCKS. Like I think the eyeshadows I got from Claire's when I was 12 was better quality than this crap. I got the warm edition and while I like neutrals, these are all pretty much the same color. They're also all incredibly chalk-like, streaky, and just muddy colors. There's tons of fallout and the applicator they gave you is a joke, as most are, but still. There's nothing good about this palette, if you wanna call it that, and you should seriously just save your money and go buy something else.

on 11/13/2013 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I purchased the "night" version in hopes it would be good for travelling, but even over a primer there is barely any pigmentation to any given color in this palette. It would make a nice stocking stuffer for a young girl who is just starting out with makeup, but for those who are already skilled it's not worth it by any means.

on 3/19/2013 2:13:00 AM

I purchased this in Warm ages ago in an elf haul. I love this little book! All of the colors are wearable and most of them are nicely pigmented, ESPECIALLY for the price you pay! $5 for all of these colors, sometimes less when ELF is having a massive sale. This book is just full of beautiful neutrals with a few fun colors. I find that when I use a primer with these (I've used both the $1 elf primer and the two-faced primer with identical results), these will stay on ALL day and be on if I fall asleep without taking it off, so all night as well. I find the colors easy to blend. There is a little fallout sometimes, but I've had more fallout from more expensive drugstore brands than this one, and it doesn't bother me. Usually, there isn't any at all.

The darker shades are more pigmented and easy to work with than the lighter shades, as is the case with most cheap eyeshadows. Some are still wfine but you defiantly want to purchase this with the intention of using the darker shades.

The book shape is cute but I think I would like this even more if it was something different. I bought the original and I think there might be more versions of this out now, so I am speaking of the original here - after about a year of having this, the cushiony case has dents and stuff all over it, the mirror is awkward/useless, and the book wont lay completely flat and open. This isn't going to knock a lippie off from me, I'd just prefer another case.

on 12/21/2012 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love this little palette! I have it in cool. The colors are highly pigmented and true to pan. I just love how bright they all come out. There are some lovely greens, purples, pinks, oranges, blues, and even some grey and black for smokey looks and contrast. The only downfall of this palette is that you will probably need some neutral colors for blending. Other than that, I just love it!

on 9/2/2011 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this on a whim when I saw it on an end cap at my local big box store, and I'm so glad I did! I normally wear MAC eyeshadow, but picked this up to try out new looks without spending a lot on something I might never wear past my makeup mirror. The colors are great, with a wide variety of neutrals (48) that have just the right amount of shimmer to make my complexion glow, but not be too overbearing for my conservative day job. Plus, the "little black book" they come in make them easy to keep in my purse, desk drawer, or just at home. Will definitely buy again!

on 8/31/2011 10:09:00 PM

I went to walgreens to pick up Blistex and WNW cream eye liner, didn't find what I wanted but I was so happy I saw this one! I saw three kinds beauty books there, I picked up mine called Little Black Beauty Book Volume I, and I loved it! 48 beauty colors and it's so compact! Cuteeeeee!